Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The F****** Verdict: Scousers

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN was a colossus.
Hoever displayed in 30 seconds of coming on why he wont be any good.
Defence and Neves were superb. Neves, our most creative player, spends his time busting a gut to make up for teammates that dont work hard enough and blatantly bottle tackles.

Traore, Dendonker, Hwang, Trincao - I’m aiming this at you.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul?? How about Hoever!! Leaving his post and going off on a ****ing jolly up the pitch.

You don’t leave the current best player in the world (Salah) on his own when you’ve been brought on to see the game out. Absolutely idiotic.
Agreed, ****ing clueless.

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well after that performance I can see a queue of clubs trying to sign Semedo in the January window.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yes we set up defensively, but also changed how we played going forward. Trying to hit them on the break and beat the Liverpool press by bypassing it with balls for Raul and Traore to run on to, almost worked a couple of times. Defense were superb till we had to sub of Ait Nouri. Couldn't get enough support forward a few times when we did get the break, and quality of final ball not quite there a few times
Always looked like 1 goal might be enough to win it for either team. Just gutting for it to be that late on, though they had most of the best chances thought after Sa wander out of the box into no mans land and clearing the shot off the line it might just be our day to get something out of the game, but not to be

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My verdict, some of the posters on the Mix celebrated when the scouse ****ers scored in the 94th ****ing minute. Gutted and ****ed off.
I certainly didn't!
Watching at home whilst continuing my Covid recovery and I knew what was coming when my daughter got up and left the room after about 93 minutes on my TV. The stream I was watching was a minute or two behind. She had flashscore on her phone and she knew how I'd react and didn't wanna be anywhere near! Lol
Safe to say the TV nearly got a kicking!!!

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone criticising after that colossal defensive display needs their brains recharging and a trip to Specsavers in my view - we were a whisker away from being the first team in god knows how long to stop them scoring. We played with a steel determination and intensity, a clear & effective game plan, and so very nearly saw it out.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Setting aside the gut wrenching last minute the truth is that our main problem is in attack and that Liverpool were always likely to get a breakthrough. No proper striker to dovetail with Jimenez, no quality attacking midfielder to link defence and attack. Ther old story. The defence were magnificent but if the ball keeps coming back something will give. No goals against Burnley and Norwich said it all.

Playing at home we should offer so much more in attack. Hoping Traore will somehow perform a miracle when surrounded by opposition players is a pathetic strategy. Lage has to prove, with the Board's help, that we can find a new attacking strategy with a couple of new players - an attacking midfielder and a striker to AT LAST replace the sorely missed Jota. The squad is of course way too thin in any case and that is why December is going to see us slide down the table against quality opposition. Podence coming back may help but with Trincao and Silva not producing the goods there is no reason to believe we can start scoring goals again.Then Jan 1.....action needed on the transfer front.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Setting aside the gut wrenching last minute the truth is that our main problem is in attack and that Liverpool were always likely to get a breakthrough. No proper striker to dovetail with Jimenez, no quality attacking midfielder to link defence and attack. Ther old story. The defence were magnificent but if the ball keeps coming back something will give. No goals against Burnley and Norwich said it all.

Playing at home we should offer so much more in attack. Hoping Traore will somehow perform a miracle when surrounded by opposition players is a pathetic strategy. Lage has to prove, with the Board's help, that we can find a new attacking strategy with a couple of new players - an attacking midfielder and a striker to AT LAST replace the sorely missed Jota. The squad is of course way too thin in any case and that is why December is going to see us slide down the table against quality opposition. Podence coming back may help but with Trincao and Silva not producing the goods there is no reason to believe we can start scoring goals again.Then Jan 1.....action needed on the transfer front.
In my view the problem is midfield and that our most creative player (Neves) is working like a madman to cover other players that jog about and bottle tackles. I watched Traore, Dendonker, Hwang and Trincao all bottle it today, Hwang at least works hard…the others dont.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly didn't!
Watching at home whilst continuing my Covid recovery and I knew what was coming when my daughter got up and left the room after about 93 minutes on my TV. The stream I was watching was a minute or two behind. She had flashscore on her phone and she knew how I'd react and didn't wanna be anywhere near! Lol
Safe to say the TV nearly got a kicking!!!

I was with my wife and her parents freezing my pants off watching Boro beat Swansea. All was looking rosy as that game finished and my BBC app and son was telling me 0-0 and deep into extra time. That was ended with a loud outburst of expletives as the Boro screen flashed up the scores showing we’d lost 1-0… One Wolves bear with a sore head walking back to the car in the rain.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted. Never expect anything against the Liverpools and Man cities of the world but obviously to lose like that is galling.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m torn between whether we deserved anything and whether it was because we did better than I thought we would.

Did we ever look like winning? Not really. Did they miss a few easy chances? Yes.

Probably a fair result even in the most heartbreaking manner known to man.

Special mention to the idiots who booed Jota all game… you are a disgrace and an embarrassment to the majority of the fanbase and you should be ashamed.

T

TheConcourse

I really shouldn’t post in the immediate aftermath but **** it. I’ll be honest and say our play didn’t really warrant a point we were very deep but I’ll overlook it as against a free scoring Liverpool it’s an acceptable game plan. Semedo? I’ve seen enough of him now to say he isn’t good enough I don’t give a **** what his fans say I can see it with my own eyes. RAN was superb and I haven’t been his biggest fan but he was very good today. Subs? Why the **** take Traore off? Liverpool we’re mindful of him as he was our outlet does Lage really think Liverpool were afraid of Trincao? Trincao is a waste of a shirt in my opinion. My bile is reserved for Hoever and Lage though. Fair enough RAN has to come off so Semedo already warm and in the game (to a point) should go to the left and Hoever put in his natural position. I’m not letting Hiever off the hook though cos he’s got the ball down the wing and instead of laying off a simple pass ****ing loses the ball which results in him being out of position. By the time he’s got near Salah it’s too late. ****ing gutting but saying heroic defending is just papering over the cracks. Small defensive minded squad and some seemingly worrying errors from Lage have ****ed my weekend up.
Thought Semedo was one of our best players today.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my view the problem is midfield and that our most creative player (Neves) is working like a madman to cover other players that jog about and bottle tackles. I watched Traore, Dendonker, Hwang and Trincao all bottle it today, Hwang at least works hard…the others dont.
Yes partly - Renato Sanches in there today and we would have drawn but another striker also sorely needed. If Jimenez gets crocked we have had it. Extraordinary this still has not been dealt with. The Silva error is costing us dearly. Is Shi's ego part of the problem as he identified himself so much wih this 'generational talent' and won't want to see him falling further down the pecking order.

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was like watching us against a top team under McCarthy. The players defended manfully but no threat, attacking intent or plan to try and turn the game our way and taking Traore off did them a favour

Ait-Nouri MOTM

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a ridiculous observation.
I must be missing the long balls, long throws and over physical tactics?
Little real attacking intent, balls to one man and hoping it works, all emphasis on defense.

But you are correct, at least with long balls, throws and physical tactics, Stoke did make goals.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought Semedo was one of our best players today.
Was a big Semedo critic last season but you have to give credit, hes been great defensively this season.

Weirdly think hes reversed a bit from last year, what i mean is he is great defensively but lacks any kind of presence going forward?
Certainly lacks killer instinct when near opposition box.

But defensively has been brilliant recently so fair play.

T

TheConcourse

I respect your opinion but I’ve been unimpressed with him since his arrival. I though his passing was poor again today and he cannot get past a player.
Far bigger problems IMO. The front three are a disaster at the moment. No chemistry. Hard to defend against the best players in world football when the ball keeps coming back.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My verdict, a happy ending for some of the posters on the Mix when the scouse ****ers scored in the 94th ****ing minute. Me, I’m gutted and ****ed off.
Happy? Never

Accepting it was coming? Yes.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really shouldn’t post in the immediate aftermath but **** it. I’ll be honest and say our play didn’t really warrant a point we were very deep but I’ll overlook it as against a free scoring Liverpool it’s an acceptable game plan. Semedo? I’ve seen enough of him now to say he isn’t good enough I don’t give a **** what his fans say I can see it with my own eyes. RAN was superb and I haven’t been his biggest fan but he was very good today. Subs? Why the **** take Traore off? Liverpool we’re mindful of him as he was our outlet does Lage really think Liverpool were afraid of Trincao? Trincao is a waste of a shirt in my opinion. My bile is reserved for Hoever and Lage though. Fair enough RAN has to come off so Semedo already warm and in the game (to a point) should go to the left and Hoever put in his natural position. I’m not letting Hiever off the hook though cos he’s got the ball down the wing and instead of laying off a simple pass ****ing loses the ball which results in him being out of position. By the time he’s got near Salah it’s too late. ****ing gutting but saying heroic defending is just papering over the cracks. Small defensive minded squad and some seemingly worrying errors from Lage have ****ed my weekend up.
Oh I see… it’s all about you

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Far bigger problems IMO. The front three are a disaster at the moment. No chemistry. Hard to defend against the best players in world football when the ball keeps coming back.
I wouldn’t disagree with regards to there being bigger problems but I think Semedo is one of them. Forwards need chances to be created for them. If we’re using wingbacks then they need to supply some decent balls in to the front men. Neither Semedo or RAN do this consistently. RAN does however get forward more but still lacks a good ball into the box. Semedo rarely gets past a man and instead passes back or sideways. For nearly £30M I think he should be doing better

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of plastic scousers in the home end thanks to the new member scheme. Bull****.
Yep loads in the Quad wearing half and half scarves taking photos of Liverpool warming up

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I respect your opinion but I’ve been unimpressed with him since his arrival. I though his passing was poor again today and he cannot get past a player.
On the basis he defended against Mane, Robertson and Jota, on his own, whilst Traore did **** all to help him, I thought his performance today was remarkable.

T

TheConcourse

I wouldn’t disagree with regards to there being bigger problems but I think Semedo is one of them. Forwards need chances to be created for them. If we’re using wingbacks then they need to supply some decent balls in to the front men. Neither Semedo or RAN do this consistently. RAN does however get forward more but still lacks a good ball into the box. Semedo rarely gets past a man and instead passes back or sideways. For nearly £30M I think he should be doing better
How do you expect WB’s to get forward when we can’t keep possession?

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course we’re all disappointed at that late goal but Liverpool came so close on other occasions too.
Well, Liverpool will heave a huge sigh of relief on the coach …….they had to work hard for this victory.
They won’t forget this game soon.
However, Liverpool are soo good. Out of 20 games, they’d probably beat us comfortably about 18 times with a couple draws.
They're defence is an accident waiting to happen. We, like other clubs, too afraid to ask the right questions of it. **** Liverpool! Best thing about today was that rat Jota missing a sitter! Ha ****ing ha. Once again, **** off Liverpool. Hope City do the biz tonight!

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More people sang Jota’s name than booed him.

I didn’t boo him but people by me who were booing sang his name as he was subbed. I think the boos were tongue in cheek, part of the pantomime really.
Yup, people getting their **** flaps in a twist over **** all.

Back
Top Bottom