Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The crucial Saturday?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The weekend fixtures pit six of the bottom seven teams against each other:
Us vs Rotherham;
Burton vs Forest;
Wigan vs Bristol City.

Also tough games for Blackburn away to Norwich, and Blouse away to Cardiff.

The results this weekend - not just ours - will go a long way to determine who stays and who goes.

So, regardless of our individual views on Lambert, Thelwell, Dangerous, Jacko, Doris the tea lady, [add your own 'hate' figure], we need more than ever to get behind the lads.

All differences aside - COYW!!!!!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Us vs Rotherham;
Burton vs Forest;
Wigan vs Bristol City.

The results this weekend - not just ours - will go a long way to determine who stays and who goes.

So, regardless of our individual views on Lambert, Thelwell, Dangerous, Jacko, Doris the tea lady, [add your own 'hate' figure], we need more than ever to get behind the lads.

Good sentiments.
I like it.
I am going through the grief stage of my recovery from depression. But kudos for the attempt at motivation.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will win 1-0 but it will be a scrappy affair

Brentford and Fulham are free hits I don't expect us to get much we should just go for it.

At the same time we really need to beat forest Cardiff and most importantly Bristol city. That Blackburn game coming up is going to be massive il be surprised if it's not on tv?

Saturday won't be easy but we need to support the lads even if we don't like Lambert. Come on me babbies

D

Deleted member 5242

If we concede early I can see disaster happening. Heads dropping, crowd turning nasty etc

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will win 1-0 but it will be a scrappy affair

Brentford and Fulham are free hits I don't expect us to get much we should just go for it.

At the same time we really need to beat forest Cardiff and most importantly Bristol city. That Blackburn game coming up is going to be massive il be surprised if it's not on tv?

Saturday won't be easy but we need to support the lads even if we don't like Lambert. Come on me babbies

What has the club come to when we travel to the likes of Brentford and some of our fans are not expecting anything!

B

Bullywolf

The whole state of affairs is pathetic, praying we beat a team that has a record of no away wins , 1 draw and 17 defeats. Others might be issuing a rallying call " getting behind the lads" but in my view they don't deserve any support other than letters from the job centre informing them to take up a minimum wage job stacking shelves somewhere... they arent fit to be called professional footballers.

D

Dundee Wolf

Good post Supadavewolf. It's all sort of panned out as I feared it would a few weeks back. I admit I placed a small wager on Wolves for relegation at 33/1 knowing the upcoming fixtures at the time didnt look like they would do us any favours. This game against Rotherham on Saturday was the distant shining light in the darkness. This is a game we definitely cannot afford to lose, probably the single most significant game of the whole season in my opinion. If this goes wrong, the relegation fears will spread like wildfire through the team and gut us I fear. I don't like the look of the fixtures all the way on the run in either. A lot of the section of five teams, trying to avoid the 2 relegation places are very similar.
I think this will play out as a straight match up between us and Bristol City for relegation along the line and we will scrape away from relegation by the skin of our teeth. That's my prediction, it would be a lot nicer if this never came to fruition.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance some of the snipers on here, who don't go, can either get a ticket and support the team, or just generally stop been so negative? Negativity breeds negativity, so let's have a bit of tub thumping. Personally I think we will win 3-1 and the atmosphere will be subdued

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
US
L L L L L L D
THEM
L D L L L L L
The last 7 matches shows exactly the same rubbish form, to be honest both sides should lose.

We all know when we play a team that we need to beat we usually lose.

BorisWolf

Reaction score
US
L L L L L L D
THEM
L D L L L L L
The last 7 matches shows exactly the same rubbish form, to be honest both sides should lose.

We all know when we play a team that we need to beat we usually lose.

That's hilarious.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many games to go, but we have to win. Their form is so poor, that if we do not beat them, i cannot see the players thinking they can beat anyone. We need the ego boost of a big win. We need an attacking line up and to take it to them and get Molineux rocking. No negative team selection Lambo.
not bothered about the defensive line, but would prefer Williamson to play, but would like Saiss and Price in CM, Costa and Cav on the wings, Bod and Dicko upfront. No excuses Paul, the time is now

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don't win this then it's curtains I'm afraid. If we can't beat this lot who will we beat? Any ounce of confidence left will be gone if we fail to turn these over

D

Deleted member TW5162

Us vs Rotherham;
Burton vs Forest;
Wigan vs Bristol City.

I will be there with my lad roaring us on this Saturday. Hope the fans put in another great shift and see if we can help the lads turn the tide of this dire season once an for all!

COYW!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's embarrassing that we even have to worry, we can **** it up of course, but I think we have plenty to beat Rotherham and with Costa and Dicko presumably starting we have some goal threat.

Of course even assuming we do this we will be far from safe.

D

Deleted member 3518

It's embarrassing that we even have to worry, we can **** it up of course, but I think we have plenty to beat Rotherham and with Costa and Dicko presumably starting we have some goal threat.

Of course even assuming we do this we will be far from safe.

This in spades, apologies to the purists who hate such replies, but I agree and have nothing more to add!!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be there with my lad roaring us on this Saturday. Hope the fans put in another great shift and see if we can help the lads turn the tide of this dire season once an for all!

Good stuff, TW. I might sit in the Billy Quiet but I'll be doing my bit to make it noisier than normal! ;)

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good post Supadavewolf. It's all sort of panned out as I feared it would a few weeks back. I admit I placed a small wager on Wolves for relegation at 33/1 knowing the upcoming fixtures at the time didnt look like they would do us any favours. This game against Rotherham on Saturday was the distant shining light in the darkness. This is a game we definitely cannot afford to lose, probably the single most significant game of the whole season in my opinion. If this goes wrong, the relegation fears will spread like wildfire through the team and gut us I fear. I don't like the look of the fixtures all the way on the run in either. A lot of the section of five teams, trying to avoid the 2 relegation places are very similar.
I think this will play out as a straight match up between us and Bristol City for relegation along the line and we will scrape away from relegation by the skin of our teeth. That's my prediction, it would be a lot nicer if this never came to fruition.
I reckon wigan and blackburn will both stay up. That will mean we need another 5 wins....

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Bristol and Wigan will drop along with Rotherham.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
It is a massive game because of the damage it will do IF we don't win. If we win, which I think we will- it will give a timely boost in points and belief of the players and fans- if we lose to the worst team in the division by a mile- it will destroy the confidence of the players completely. Also, if we do lose, I think Lambert's position will be untenable.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to pay £25+ to watch Rotherham ? We can make plenty of noise still.

If we don't win then we will be going down simple as that I can't see us doing much at Fulham or Brentford both good at home

O

OldWolvesfart

I'm with Supadave we have to win and we will win this and I believe by a 2-3 goal margin. COYW.
Enough of the negative waves.

D

Deleted member TW5162

Good stuff, TW. I might sit in the Billy Quiet but I'll be doing my bit to make it noisier than normal! ;)

We will be in the Billy Quiet as well mate always are, but my 9 year old thinks its the South Bank, he never stops singing :D

K

KingOfMilwaukee

The scariest thing is that our record this season against the three teams below us in the table (Wigan, Rotherham, Bristol C) and two above us (Burton, Blackburn) is a woeful....

1 win
3 draws
3 losses

:eek::eek:

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rotherham not won away all season, Wolves at home in a high pressure crunch game...sorry it's got disaster for us written all over it.
Seeing as we can score a maximum of 1 goal per game, we'll either score first and concede at the end for a 1-1 or huff and puff for 90 minutes, conceding in the 93rd for 0-1.

What a sad state of affairs.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will take more than a win against Rotherham to keep us up.

In fact there is an argument that losing to Rotherham might be the final wake up call we need.

But I'd still prefer a win !

D

Deleted member 4099

The scariest thing is that our record this season against the three teams below us in the table (Wigan, Rotherham, Bristol C) and two above us (Burton, Blackburn) is a woeful....

1 win
3 draws
3 losses

:eek::eek:

Who was the win against?

Back
Top Bottom