Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Boob, Hwang, Hubner and RAN at AFCON/Asia Cup

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see why he'd need a break. He's played three games in eight days and the game is five days away.

None of them will be going back to Algeria, so he'll be flying back tomorrow/Thurs morning at the latest.

It is a long flight but he should be with the group and in light training by Friday at the latest. Let's not forget he was part of the squad that would do Thursday-Sunday in the past.

I understand totally if he's on the bench, but he has to be involved, and what a bonus for us.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news, another danger man for little old Albion to worry about.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry RAN but absolutely buzzing with that.

I expect him to start on the bench on Sunday in honesty, but what an option to have from the bench.
Have to agree, he must be disappointed, but this African cup of nations is a pain in the proverbial.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This forum right now:

loki-loki-sad.gif

JJ59

Reaction score
I think that a number of teams in 3rd place also go through. Algeria likely to be going through. Correct me if I am wrong just don't shoot the messenger.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN won't play Sunday
That’s my view. Lots of travel, no downtime and they’ll want to assess his fitness as they won’t have a clue what his workload has been in AFCON.

I think they’ll take a pragmatic view that they planned for the game without him, will think they have enough without him and keep him fresh for United. Probably not what the masses want to hear but I think that’ll be the plan.

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think that a number of teams in 3rd place also go through. Algeria likely to be going through. Correct me if I am wrong just don't shoot the messenger.
Apart from them being bottom not 3rd

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s my view. Lots of travel, no downtime and they’ll want to assess his fitness as they won’t have a clue what his workload has been in AFCON.

I think they’ll take a pragmatic view that they planned for the game without him, will think they have enough without him and keep him fresh for United. Probably not what the masses want to hear but I think that’ll be the plan.
But he was due to play further games for Algeria so why couldn't he be involved from off the bench.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he was due to play further games for Algeria so why couldn't he be involved from off the bench.
Should be fine to make bench even with lack of training he should be an option, depends now when he flys back but even still he could train saturday

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t say he couldn’t be, just that I don’t expect him to be. We will know on Sunday who is right and wrong (I’m more than happy to be wrong as it means he plays). I just think GON is a pragmatic guy and will look at Sunday as a game we planned for without him, we should have enough without him and won’t want to risk him after a lot of travel. They’ll most definitely want to test his fitness, we’ll know absolutely nothing about Algerias fitness coaches and their intensity. He could have been flogged over there or done minimal training and even a 5% swing in levels is a lot to a detailed orientated coaching team.

Would people be clamouring for him to play if it wasn’t them lot Sunday? I’d say not.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he will be involved and may even start, its a 6 1/2 hour flight, plenty of time for a couple of days training and assessment. He has basically had a longer warm weather training camp than the rest of the lads, he has played 3 games but so has everyone else in the squad.

Reaction score
Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s back already. People forget it their jobs, it’s their version of the daily commute. Sportspeople don’t loiter around somewhere they don’t need to be, golfers are a great example, they finish a tournament then straight to the airport going home

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but I was thinking we should resurrect the Barry Douglas song

Rayan, Rayan Ait Nouri runs down the wing for me
100%

It’s perfectly set up for him.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d give him the game on Sunday off and get him right for the fixture log jam that’s coming up.

He’s going to arrive back feeling pretty low having been at a major tournament, it being a disaster for him, with games in quick succession and in a different time zone. He could probably do with a bit of a rest and reset before being thrown back into the fray.

Obviously if between now and Sunday Bueno or Doc aren’t right then it’s a different story.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt he starts on Sunday but probably on the bench
GON said after Mondays game they wont be training much before the game just recovery work and light training so should be fine

fleck1

Reaction score
Id be very surprised if he wasn't involved Sunday, a normal international break has players flying home Wednesday/Thursday. Think RAN as much as anyone will want to be involved Sunday, he's been an important part of what GON wants to do so tactically he'll be up to speed anyway, the club will already have all his performance and fitness data from his time away. There is no time difference either to contend with.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need someone to do a job on S Korea now

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d give him the game on Sunday off and get him right for the fixture log jam that’s coming up.

He’s going to arrive back feeling pretty low having been at a major tournament, it being a disaster for him, with games in quick succession and in a different time zone. He could probably do with a bit of a rest and reset before being thrown back into the fray.

Obviously if between now and Sunday Bueno or Doc aren’t right then it’s a different story.
As has been stated by fleck, there is no time zone as it's South, East or West it would be. Normally you would say, a day for every hour to acclimatise. When the athletes fly to Australia for example they would need approximately ten/eleven hours depending on which side of the country.

Reactions: Ned

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mali looks like qualifying from the group stages, so Bouba will be in Africa a bit longer.

Checked the Asian Cup matches and can't see that Hwang was involved in either of South Korea's matches so far. Injured or does Klinsmann not fancy him?

SuziQ

Reaction score
Mali looks like qualifying from the group stages, so Bouba will be in Africa a bit longer.

Checked the Asian Cup matches and can't see that Hwang was involved in either of South Korea's matches so far. Injured or does Klinsmann not fancy him?

He had an issue with his hip that kept him out. Believe he's back in training now but not sure if he'll have any involvement in the last group game tomorrow.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i expect gon or a represetnative from the club will be calling ran today to set out whats expected and organise his return etc

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As has been stated by fleck, there is no time zone as it's South, East or West it would be. Normally you would say, a day for every hour to acclimatise. When the athletes fly to Australia for example they would need approximately ten/eleven hours depending on which side of the country.
Cheers, time zones fry my brain!!!

Back
Top Bottom