Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The all new reverse-reverse Gary O’Neil humble pie safe space thread

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I put its on getting 18 points from the remaining games

conservative 6 wins

burnley
luton
sheffield united
palace
bournemouth

Thats 53 points and should be enough for 9th 10th (3rd highest point total in prem, behind the 2 7ths of nuno)

If gary keeps going at the form hes been going at (drop the first 5 games)

1.75PPG - We be looking at An extra 22 points and that's 57 points and would equal our 2nd highest point total in prem.

1.5ppg looking at an extra 19 points so 54 points total still would be our 3rd highest point total
Reasonable analysis. Anything north of 50 points is a decent season. North of 55 is a very good season. Getting to 60 would be ridiculous.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reasonable analysis. Anything north of 50 points is a decent season. North of 55 is a very good season. Getting to 60 would be ridiculous.
60 requires another 25

thats 8 wins and a draw from the last 13 (4 losses)

thats 7 wins and 4 draws from 13 (only 2 losses)

I mean thats mammoth form if we did either of those, given we need to play arsenal liverpool city and villa

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
60 requires another 25

thats 8 wins and a draw from the last 13 (4 losses)

thats 7 wins and 4 draws from 13 (only 2 losses)

I mean thats mammoth form if we did either of those, given we need to play arsenal liverpool city and villa
Agreed. I don't think it will happen.

55 though? Could do. And that would be massive achievement. Even 50+ is nothing to sniff at.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
given the way the table is shaped up with basically this level of congestion its likely 53 to 57 points is probably only good enough for 8/9 and your going to need a 60 point season to get into the bigger positions, but thats just guess work.

1708702424356.png

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
given the way the table is shaped up with basically this level of congestion its likely 53 to 57 points is probably only good enough for 8/9 and your going to need a 60 point season to get into the bigger positions, but thats just guess work.

View attachment 40664
The likes of Luton keep picking up points though and all those teams seem to take 2 steps forward then 1 back - so who knows

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
"I've just spent £40m on this guy, but to be honest, it's a bit of a panic buy, and he doesn't really fit how I want to play anyway"
Lucky we have a manager now that knows how to get the best out if him.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that article is rather over exaggerating West Hams status. I doubt GON would be easy for them to poach and only his being a player there makes it even vaguely possible. I doubt he'd be pushing us to let him leave.
As for Tuchel! Really?? Maybe if no big club is interested in the next 6 months.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Daily mail mention for this thread on the new O'Neil article lol.

Anyway, No chance O'Neil to a west ham. One of the most delusional fan bases.I

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s too early for West Ham to poach GON, he won’t jump ship this early on as he will want to build something, including his reputation. However, reports like this could do us a favour in terms of GON maybe having some leverage in the transfer window?

Regarding the West Ham job, it’s one of two remaining that Lopetegui is hanging around for. United was his first but that seems to have gone so he’s got Newcastle and West Ham… I’ve completely pulled this out my backside but it makes sense as to why he’s still hanging around. He’s not here for the climate.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see Gaz jumping ship after we took a chance on him in the summer. He seems the type of guy who’d have more respect for the club to do that.
Exactly this. He would have never dreamed of the Wolves job being his next one and would have expected to drop down a division if all PL clubs had their managers starting the season.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Believe GON’s son is in Wimbledon's academy and think that’s his home area before coming to Wolves so that could be a pull for him. Has he moved to close to Wolverhampton?

Last edited:

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Believe GON’s son is in Wimbledon's academy and think that’s his home area before coming to Wolves so that could be a pull for him. Has he moved to close to Wolverhampton?
Has a house in Brewood but assume his family are still London way

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see GON leaving if West Ham promise him investment and we have to sell our best players for investment.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see GON leaving if West Ham promise him investment and we have to sell our best players for investment.
With FFP/PSR are they even in a position to? Apparently they were close to breaching too. Outside of the top 6, all clubs are now needing to bring in a sell to buy model. It's not like they can go, here's £200m to build without getting rid of players too.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It’s too early for West Ham to poach GON, he won’t jump ship this early on as he will want to build something, including his reputation. However, reports like this could do us a favour in terms of GON maybe having some leverage in the transfer window?

Regarding the West Ham job, it’s one of two remaining that Lopetegui is hanging around for. United was his first but that seems to have gone so he’s got Newcastle and West Ham… I’ve completely pulled this out my backside but it makes sense as to why he’s still hanging around. He’s not here for the climate.
Not sure about Newcastle now they have ffp problems
West Ham more likely imo

Reactions: Ned

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With FFP/PSR are they even in a position to? Apparently they were close to breaching too. Outside of the top 6, all clubs are now needing to bring in a sell to buy model. It's not like they can go, here's £200m to build without getting rid of players too.

Not up with West Ham tbh, but you could well be right.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham have a big Olympic athletics stadium they blagged off the government. Outside of that, they are hardly any different to the likes of Palace or QPR.

In saying that though, I actually quite like their fan base to be fair, lots of parallels with us, and not at all full of day trippers like spurs or even more so Arsenal.

The way the London media portray the club though, it does make me laugh.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still not fully on board the GON train but he is exceeding my initial expectations, I think we will know more once he has had a transfer window or 2 to get his own players in, at the moment he is still working mostly with previous managers signings. Based on transfer rumours we seem to be pivoting towards more homegrown signings which on the one hand is a good thing but only if we don't neglect the foreign market

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ we either panic the manager isn’t good enough or panic he’ll be poached.

Just chill and enjoy the ride.
The Lage thread around the time he won manager of the month was full of panic he'd walk because he hadn't been given money in the January transfer window

Gotta love the Mix. **** and elbow spring to mind

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oneil could be poached if Liverpool come knocking can’t see it though. West Ham is a side step in reality. They are on the decline now. We must be confident of finishing above them this season.

Whoever wants Gary will have to pay and that’s not going to be cheap 6/10m I think he will stay.

Let’s enjoy the wave we are currently riding!!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does GON want a reputation of only spending a season at a club? Guess the incentive from Wet Sham or anyone else will tell us.

I don’t think he leaves us for wet spam……

They might be World Cup winners…..

but they are a basket case of a club operationally. Would be an awful career move

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He played at West Ham. He knows what the club are like. They also have a stadium time bomb issue that makes them less attractive.

I think he stays put. He keeps going like he has done and in a few years the biggest clubs will be sniffing around.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still not fully on board the GON train but he is exceeding my initial expectations, I think we will know more once he has had a transfer window or 2 to get his own players in, at the moment he is still working mostly with previous managers signings. Based on transfer rumours we seem to be pivoting towards more homegrown signings which on the one hand is a good thing but only if we don't neglect the foreign market

To say Gaz is “exceeding your initial expectations” is a bit of an understatement wouldn’t you say??

IMG_4646.jpeg

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He played at West Ham. He knows what the club are like. They also have a stadium time bomb issue that makes them less attractive.

I think he stays put. He keeps going like he has done and in a few years the biggest clubs will be sniffing around.
What’s the stadium time bomb issue?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see Gaz jumping ship after we took a chance on him in the summer. He seems the type of guy who’d have more respect for the club to do that.
Loyalty in football is notoriously short-lived, but I think you’re right.
A decent premier league club offering him a 3 year deal seemed absolute madness to us at first for his level of experience, you’d have to think that garners a certain amount of appreciation/respect from Gary.
(The offering bit, not our outraged frothings, of which I am entirely culpable)

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crikey, you've trawled back to last August.
Hope you don't do the same with me as you may find I was on the fence with that one.
Just hope I'm still worthy to take my place on the SB.

Just looked pal! Nah, you’re all good, you gave Gaz a chance. Well done you :)

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a bit funny. If we go down 1 nil on Sunday it will be the end of the world again
I duck out of that thread as soon as we go behind or a team draws level. If you're remotely pragmatic it means you must be a West Brom infiltrator, a tree hugger, or both.

Good fun when we're winning, mind. Videos of our goals tend to go up quickly and love fills the air.

Back
Top Bottom