Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The all new reverse-reverse Gary O’Neil humble pie safe space thread

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** him off. Granted it’s not his fault Bentley would not get a game for most Sunday league teams. It’s not his fault semedo can’t defend and Kilmarnock runs like he is in treacle. It is his fault for setting them up so badly with no urgency, no ability to change it when this not working, and the players showing absolutely no desire to press and win a game. Everyone looks like they simply can’t be ***** for several weeks now.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mix this year consists of half the posters wanting the other half to eat humble pie.

Nobody will be satisfied until they get their glorious 'told you so' moment.
I think we can all see which 'side' will laugh (cry) last and loudest unfortunately.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Useless, can’t win away from home, facing a superior team. I know change the formation and make us weaker at the back. **** off Hugo to boot. Genius from GON. Should have gone there to grind out a result not just gift them their easiest three points of the season.

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Come on, admit you got too excited and fell for the GON snake oil. Safe space.

Honestly I don’t think he’s a bad coach. However I also don’t think he’s particularly good. Lower half to mid table working with a similar strength squad.

I’m all for patterns of play, but he’s not producing any noticeable ones. In the same breath I’d love a coach to come in and trust some of our players. I dislike continually playing the ball around at the back. What does it ever actually achieve for us, other than massaging our possession stats? I would rather some blood and thunder and get the ball moving quickly, have attempts at goal. We’re too drilled into trying to open space and then endlessly recycling it. Honestly football is about entertainment and our coaches don’t seem to be able to grasp that. I know jobs are on the line, but ultimately we don’t seem to be winning anymore games by trying to be tight and contained.

My main gripe with Gary is that I’m not seeing any improvements in performance or playing style. The last 4-5 games have been poor despite picking up a few points.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Remember when JL just came in and sorted a back 4 in a few weeks. Halcyon days.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's got so much potential as a manager. He does a lot of good things. He speaks well.

But man his changes make no sense. And that applies to everything. Formations, game to game changes, and subs. I hope he can turn it around but just ugh.

A loss today? Whatever. West Ham is a good team. It's HOW we lost that is infuriating.

However, there's almost zero chance at relegation, unless we lose Cunha, Lemina, Sarabia, Gomes to injury and Neto doesn't come back. And even then, I'm sure we could squeak out enough points to be safe.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is available, however he might feel Stoke is a more promising situation.

Cheap and Cheerful FC wont sack GON until we're 17th and only points above Luton or Burnley.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
tee hee

I like GON and the nervous energy he brings when communicating to the press. You can tell he's obviously very very new at this and the lack of jadedness is lovely.

I think we over rate our players and under estimate how much work GON has put into this team to get us to mid table. He inherited a mediocre side with injury prone players that had previously performed well at U21 for their nations, but with zero to little premiership (or high level league) experience. He inherited an imbalanced team that lacks depth and he inherited a bunch of wonderful but totally undisciplined proper footballers and a handful of donkeys.

I did play with a thought experiment last week and ended up rewatching a bunch of Nuno games from our first season in the prem and I'm not convinced this current team could get anywhere near THAT team.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's got so much potential as a manager. He does a lot of good things. He speaks well.

But man his changes make no sense. And that applies to everything. Formations, game to game changes, and subs. I hope he can turn it around but just ugh.

A loss today? Whatever. West Ham is a good team. It's HOW we lost that is infuriating.

However, there's almost zero chance at relegation, unless we lose Cunha, Lemina, Sarabia, Gomes to injury and Neto doesn't come back. And even then, I'm sure we could squeak out enough points to be safe.

Add that the number of bad performances against teams in and around us….. this week being case in point.

This performance is what happens when you accept poor performances just because you got a positive result and refuse to allow criticism or critical review.

GON is and always has been out of his depth, he is a media darling being English so won’t get the criticism he deserves for getting more games where we conceded three or more than JL in a fraction of the time…..

This season he and the club are lucky the newly promoted teams are so crap!!!

Cut him loose now before we buy “his targets” and the next gaffer is stuck with inspirational signings like josh brownhill, a middle of the road player from the tied worst team in the league!!

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leave him be, this is all at Shi’s door. We’ll stay up this season.

But next season minus Neto, this smells like a relegation battle

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is available, however he might feel Stoke is a more promising situation.

Cheap and Cheerful FC wont sack GON until we're 17th and only points above Luton or Burnley.
Dont think Nuno would come here. To be fair, I've complained about GON but our wage budget is 16th in the league and lower than Bournemouth's.

And it shows on the pitch. FOSUN the much bigger issue, they've lost interest and don't have the money to invest. I don't want to end up like them lot down the road.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m not exactly an ‘GON out fan boy’ … but my god that was awful today.

2 left backs on the bench but not one on the pitch.

2 number 9’s on the bench but not one on the pitch.

Bellagarde and Sarabia both seemingly playing left wing.

Playing 5 at the back against 2 poor teams in poor form at home but then playing 4 at the back away from home against a decent mid table side.

Our 3 subs used were a left back/wingback, a right back/wingback and a holding midfielder, leaving 2 strikers on the bench.

Like I said, not exactly been in the GON out club but all those points above from today are extremely worrying.

If he doesn’t rate Sasa and Fabio then fair enough … but Hwang and Sarabia but were both completely anonymous today, surely trying something different is more worthwhile than watching us plod on to a 3-0 defeat.

Definition of insanity springs to mind.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We havetn played particularly well since Spurs at home (five games ago). We picked up a win and draw at home - which I think flattered us - and lost the away games, conceding three in each game.

It is a good job there are some crap promoted teams this year.

Back
Top Bottom