Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The all new reverse-reverse Gary O’Neil humble pie safe space thread

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think from a result perspective (obviously as we won!), O'Neil got it spot on in just trying to take the sting out of the crowd whenever we could. It'd have been nice to have really torn into them but avoiding any kind of end to end madness was probably a good idea.

Also love his comment after the game that it was "a comfortable win, really", simply because as much as it's a nothing comment, that will really wind up some boggies!!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have absolutely hammered him on here, particularly in early December when I thought we had run out of steam and ideas.

I am very, very pleased to be completely wrong and for him to have gone on such a good run and have everything looking so rosey at Molineux right now in extremely difficult circumstances.

I’ve just listened to the WM phone in, which was an absolute shambles saying how the day had been tarnished etc and they tried to push that narrative onto GON too but he was having absolutely none of it, focusing on the football, the win and also having our supporters backs by pointing out the trouble was nowhere near the away end.

So to Gary O’Neil - I am sorry, and I am very happy and proud to have you as the leader of this team and this club. Hopefully the club stick to their word and back him in the summer.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still yet to see a convincing performance as not an underdog. We won yesterday, but it wasn't exactly thrilling or positive football was it?
We have two arguably more important games coming up. I think we managed the game and our intensity very well.

I don't think we have the players to impose ourselves on anyone really - we are a counter attacking team, and probably only a striker and an upgrade on Toti from being a very good one

loppers86

Reaction score
Loppers86 is that utter sycophantic toad Guillem Ballage
No i’m not. i’m a wolves fan for 50 years this year. I stand by what i said at the time. he was a crap appointment and the way we treated loppers was a disgrace.

i was wrong about the former (like many others on here) and absolutely spot on about the latter.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still yet to see a convincing performance as not an underdog. We won yesterday, but it wasn't exactly thrilling or positive football was it?
Yesterday was about staying calm and professional and not allowing ourselves to be caught up in the emotion and letting them drag us down to their level

And to be fair we beat Everton convincingly when we were favourites

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need to rerun that poll we had at the beginning of the season whether we were happy about appointing him. Think it was something like 96% against (including me!).
Yes, that was just before the man city game it got to 96%. Apart from man utd game, we had looked clueless up tonthat point, then clearly something clicked. Only west ham game since in mid december has resulted in any real doom and gloom.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When is a local derby a game where you worry about the aesthetics of the football?

WBA huffed and puffed. Sprinted around like maniacs in the first twenty minutes.

It did nothing. Yes, they had two headed chances. La la la.

Then they got picked off in the first half. They tried the same trick and got picked off on the second.

Then a substantial number of fans in the stadium decided it was a good time to humiliate themselves and/or play the smash me copper game.

Doing that to a team away in a derby isn't easy.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary is doing a very fine job by this point, and he has won me round in recent weeks. He is getting a lot more out of players who previously looked like lost causes, which has allowed us to improve without revolutionising the squad. He has instilled a battling quality in the players that allows for us to remain competitive in games. We've also looked a lot better organised at the back in the last month.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every game under Lage was unconvincing. GON and Lage are like night and day. Mid to upper mid table EPL teams are rarely convincing at this stage of the season where teams are still battling. By March you get some teams that have either settled for where they are or given up and are going through the motions and you get more convincing performances if your team is still motivated.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On another thread, someone wanted to compare Nuno to GON. I love Nuno like a 14th century peasant loved a saint. Even now, I’d throw myself into a puddle so Nuno could keep his feet dry. However, during Nuno’s time here, not once did I give us a chance of beating other Premier League teams by scoring 4 goals. Truth be told, I spent most games at Molineux half prepared for a pasting. Unfortunately, they came at the hands of Huddersfield and the like, whilst beating City.
With this team now, I feel we have a real chance of tw****g anyone and by more than one goal. I know we don’t play well all the time but I go to games now with quite a spring in my step. It’s not so great traipsing back to the car after having my heart explode and my guts pulled out through my tight anus, like what happened on Thursday evening, but that’s football and that’s why we love it.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s not so great traipsing back to the car after having my heart explode and my guts pulled out through my tight anus, like what happened on Thursday evening, but that’s football and that’s why we love it.
The tight anus is a sign you care. Lage Teams? Loose anus after going a goal down. O'Neil? Ya never know, so tight anus it is. Like a draw string roping you back in and tightening the sphincter. That's the good stuff.

If you're not clenching, do you even care?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On another thread, someone wanted to compare Nuno to GON. I love Nuno like a 14th century peasant loved a saint. Even now, I’d throw myself into a puddle so Nuno could keep his feet dry. However, during Nuno’s time here, not once did I give us a chance of beating other Premier League teams by scoring 4 goals. Truth be told, I spent most games at Molineux half prepared for a pasting. Unfortunately, they came at the hands of Huddersfield and the like, whilst beating City.
With this team now, I feel we have a real chance of tw****g anyone and by more than one goal. I know we don’t play well all the time but I go to games now with quite a spring in my step. It’s not so great traipsing back to the car after having my heart explode and my guts pulled out through my tight anus, like what happened on Thursday evening, but that’s football and that’s why we love it.

Some stats to back up your observations....

Nuno's Wolves scored 3 or more in the PL 11 times in 3 seasons, 114 games (9.64% of PL games).

GON's Wolves have done it 4 times in 23 games (17.39% of PL games).

Nuno's Wolves won all but one of the games where they scored 3 or more, drawing the other.

GON's Wolves have won 3 and lost 1 of the 4 games in which they've scored 3 or more.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tight anus is a sign you care. Lage Teams? Loose anus after going a goal down. O'Neil? Ya never know, so tight anus it is. Like a draw string roping you back in and tightening the sphincter. That's the good stuff.

Given your expertise, is your last name Mallard?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Let me guess……you either are a paperback writer or a medical student:)

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I know your question is rhetorical, and, you already know the answer, but I will hazard a guess, he just can't let go.
Always grateful that JL kept us up, but not sure he deserves any credit for our upturn in results and individual performances of last few weeks. That's totally on GON and staff.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
#iamafamousthreadnow. Ollie Holt (Daily Mail) did well to find this thread on page four of the forum ...
As much as I celebrate the demise of traditional media outlets - best indicated by more and more of their articles being smuggled behind paywalls (which are a doddle to circumvent anyway)... I thought it might be worth highlighting the relevant part of the DM article pertaining to Mol Mix:

On one of the Wolves fans’ forums, there is a long thread of messages built around the theme of atonement. The missives, most of which express a mixture of gratitude, elation and relief about the way Wolves’ campaign is developing, are grouped together under the title: ‘The Gary O’Neil Humble Pie Safe Space’.

Together, they make up a gently self-mocking response to the stream of doubt and anxiety that rushed and gurgled O’Neil’s way when he was appointed the club’s new manager a few days before the start of this season. ‘Having custard with my slice,’ one contributor says. ‘Got the oven set at 200 degrees,’ another writes.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I put its on getting 18 points from the remaining games

conservative 6 wins

burnley
luton
sheffield united
palace
bournemouth

Thats 53 points and should be enough for 9th 10th (3rd highest point total in prem, behind the 2 7ths of nuno)

If gary keeps going at the form hes been going at (drop the first 5 games)

1.75PPG - We be looking at An extra 22 points and that's 57 points and would equal our 2nd highest point total in prem.

1.5ppg looking at an extra 19 points so 54 points total still would be our 3rd highest point total

Back
Top Bottom