Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The all new reverse-reverse Gary O’Neil humble pie safe space thread

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
XenForo forum software doesn't assign negative scores to negative reactions. You could have 7,887 Likes and 30,000 Angry and your reaction score would still be 7,887.
breakdown.jpg

In that case here's the breakdown of my reaction score; I have 14 Angry reactions, which I am sure you'll agree is not quite 30,000. Perhaps my views aren't as unpopular as you think? Even then, this assumes "angry" or "sad" means a negative reaction to one's opinion, and not to one's tidings. Laughter could be laughing with you or at you, etc. The worst case scenario on this forum is apathy or being 'ratioed' (i.e. receiving more confrontational replies than positive emojis). That is better, more inclusive and more conducive to robust debate than having your posts downvoted into some digital abyss where they can no longer be seen.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 39382

In that case here's the breakdown of my reaction score; I have 14 Angry reactions, which I am sure you'll agree is not quite 30,000. Perhaps my views aren't as unpopular as you think? Even then, this assumes "angry" or "sad" means a negative reaction to one's opinion, and not to one's tidings. Laughter could be laughing with you or at you, etc. The worst case scenario on this forum is apathy or being 'ratioed' (i.e. receiving more confrontational replies than positive emojis). That is better, more inclusive and more conducive to robust debate than having your posts downvoted into some digital abyss where they can no longer be seen.
I thought I'd give you another laughter!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 39382

Ah, so you haven't reached Millwall fan status yet lol.....

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary. Im sorry. Today finally made me realise what a schmuck I have been.When I see that level of togetherness and how much that team will fight for you and each other I am impressed. Thats management. That’s leadership. Long may it continue. Wolves against the world.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It feels like Gary has turned a corner and turned his attention to detail and video analysis of the opposite to how to break them down and maximise the attacking quality we have.

Since he let the handbrake off, allowed the players to have more freedom of movement like they showed in the Rennes, Man Utd and Liverpool 1st half we have looked significantly better!

We don’t look the same team who couldn’t beat Luton, Sheffield United and pre Nuno forest.

If we keep this more positive approach against teams in and around us, this could be a special season that not even the most positive person saw coming.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What he's done well is freed up the front 3 to actually play, with support too! Our rigidity was tedious in the extreme. We've had 3 years of no forward partnerships and now we look far more able to play together. Sarabia has helped with guile whereas neto provides directness. Hwang's form frees up cunha to play a deeper role.

Ran and semedo, while both lack a doc style end product, have been increasingly good support.

Very surprised after our start and GON's awful blame game (the thing that made me turn on him just before his city win) but he has turned it around and let's hope he keeps it going.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary. Im sorry. Today finally made me realise what a schmuck I have been.When I see that level of togetherness and how much that team will fight for you and each other I am impressed. Thats management. That’s leadership. Long may it continue. Wolves against the world.
Another one finally converted!

Just a couple to go who flatly refuse to give anything more than “credit where it’s due” through gritted teeth and we are all on board!!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 39382

The Wolves subreddit is bloody awful. Reddit doesn't work for football at all IMO, for all of the reasons you already outlined - an echo chamber of ****e mostly frequented by 'new' fans abroad who have never been to a professional game let alone a Wolves one

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another one finally converted!

Just a couple to go who flatly refuse to give anything more than “credit where it’s due” through gritted teeth and we are all on board!!
Are there any left?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think threads like this are good.

Like many, I was spitting feathers when he was appointed. I was ranting about it to my family, on here, and to the Wolves social media feeds. I don’t regret it, as based on the evidence we had, it looked an awful appointment, even more so when the prior Hobbs choice appeared to have been the self proclaimed genius Beale!

A few weeks in, I was even more angry, with excuses in pressers, and a team which appeared to be getting worse not better every week… that’s around the time of the poll which had 90%+ wanting him gone.

But after that nadir, and when he started playing 3 CB’s (yes I know Gary, it’s not all about systems and it’s not really a rigid back 3/5), we started getting results, and gradually started playing with more confidence and flair, and in recent games, even scoring with confidence. Alongside that, and to be fair to Gary, for pretty much the whole season, the team has looked happy and together in a way it hasn’t since before Covid. This all reached a peak over the three Christmas games, where we have been immense.

So, half way through season, I am happy to admit I was totally wrong. Gary looks the real deal. Tactically astute, able to motivate and lead his squad, and talks with intelligence and humility in his press conferences. I’m the most happy with our coach as I’ve been since pre Covid Nuno. What a difference a year makes.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Think Matt Hobbs needs some praise too. The whole Lopetegui situation would have been difficult for even an experienced sporting director, but I think Hobbs has actually created a really great situation from the chaos. O’Neil could have gone horribly wrong and pretty much done him in as a sporting director but so far it’s working a treat.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually nice being slightly worried about our manager or sporting director being poached rather than players
I honestly can’t remember us ever having a manager poached.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Actually nice being slightly worried about our manager or sporting director being poached rather than players
Hobbs is an asset and could well be tempted onto the next rung. However, he has an opportunity here to build his reputation with little interference now he has his own appointee. So very much hoping he stays round.

Back
Top Bottom