Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The all new reverse-reverse Gary O’Neil humble pie safe space thread

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it is, the **** do you want. Team hot favourite for relegation has some bad results shocker, whatever next.
It's the performances! The performances are absolutely ****. A lot of the points we have got have been fortunate. The performances are not good enough.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much of this is down to Gary?……..or is the squad just not great.

If Pep or Klopp had taken over when JL left, and had the same injuries, eg, Neto …….would we be playing any better?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mix this year consists of half the posters wanting the other half to eat humble pie.

Nobody will be satisfied until they get their glorious 'told you so' moment.
Either that or we all really like pie...

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Worked really well for us today that didn’t it.

Hwang and Sarabia were passengers today. Hwang has credit in the bank but he can still be taken off.

Sarabia has had about 10 mins of decent football in his time at the club … how did he complete 90 mins today?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If Pep or Klopp had taken over when JL left, and had the same injuries, eg, Neto …….would we be playing ny better?
I’m guessing that at 2-0 down they’d have bought one of Sasa or Fabio on.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If Pep or Klopp had taken over when JL left, and had the same injuries, eg, Neto …….would we be playing ny better?

I'd be more inclined to blame GON if we hadn't seen that exact performance - in that exact fixture - under Nuno and Lage. Not to mention some of the dross Lop served up.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the performances! The performances are absolutely ****. A lot of the points we have got have been fortunate. The performances are not good enough.
With what Wolves have at their disposal? No chance.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolves have been shafted of so many points by bad refereeing and VAR decisions this year. It could be argued we should be further up the table than we are.
Played rubbish today, but we are a mid table team.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With what Wolves have at their disposal? No chance.
That's bull**** and a cop out. The performances are consistently poor even against sides around and below us. He was quite happy to lap up the praise for City yet never accepts any responsibility for the ****e that his team produces week in week out.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank God that £92.55 Direct Debit ceases in February.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have been shafted of so many points by bad refereeing and VAR decisions this year. It could be argued we should be further up the table than we are.
Played rubbish today, but we are a mid table team.
We have, yeah. But we've also played really poorly in most of our games. We are a really difficult watch. Bad performance today, bad performance against Luton, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Everton, Forest, Fulham and Palace too. Thankfully we managed to ****house a couple of wins from them.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Worked really well for us today that didn’t it.

Hwang and Sarabia were passengers today. Hwang has credit in the bank but he can still be taken off.

Sarabia has had about 10 mins of decent football in his time at the club … how did he complete 90 mins today?

You’ve said it yourself O’Neil doesn’t rate Silva or Sasa.

Bloke came in 5 days before the season started and hasn’t had a transfer window yet.

Let him sign some players and see what happens ffs.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t speak for everyone, especially when you’re talking such *******s

You’re correct, I should re-phrase that. Almost everyone knew he shouldn’t have been here.

There were enough polls on various sites at the time.

Dont think I’m quite talking ******** though

O’Neil Poll

66 were in favour, 700-odd were not.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We ain't going down but we ain't very good. Lost a lot of interest in football this season.
You make a very interesting point.
I just went through the motions today and took solace that I'd visited a good boozer in Camden (the Hartley for those who know it) and a couple in the East End.
I had a walk down Oxford Street (big mistake) and finished in the Euston, Doric Arch.
Now on the train back home and have almost kicked the rest of the day into the long grass.
I can't wait for Brentford, as I dare say that will be another adventure.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we don’t win a couple of games because the thought of a third thread where we’re forced to confront the notion of consuming cold, regurgitated humble pie as we gag and heave doesn’t fill me with much enthusiasm.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Didn't want him, warmed to him,but I feel the problems are deeper.

I was amazed we went with a 4, but then again he's got a presumably not fully fit RAN and a poor Bueno to chose from in a 5 and we were awful against Forest in that system (albeit a home game, which is why I didn't think there was any chance he'd change). He's played the second choice keeper, presumably because of an injury to Sa (let's assume the rumour he's off is *******s). He's tried to get all our attacking talent out there and the fact that people are calling for Sasa and Fabio just proves the cupboard is bare.

All of this just proves what Lopetegui knew and many said before the season started, best XI solid mid-table side, get a few injuries and suspensions and there's not much to call on.

slaphead_wolf

Reaction score
He’s pretty average but his biggest achievement so far has been taking the fans from wanting to challenge for Europe end of last season to being happy with the pashun of running around a lot, selling 150 mil worth of players and being happy with avoiding relegation. Bet the owners can’t believe their best signing in years.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair I did question myself thinking that maybe I got it badly wrong with this guy. But the way we play is pretty abysmal and each passing week i think my initial judgment may have been closer to the truth, though he has done much better than I expected in terms of points on the board.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You make a very interesting point.
I just went through the motions today and took solace that I'd visited a good boozer in Camden (the Hartley for those who know it) and a couple in the East End.
I had a walk down Oxford Street (big mistake) and finished in the Euston, Doric Arch.
Now on the train back home and have almost kicked the rest of the day into the long grass.
I can't wait for Brentford, as I dare say that will be another adventure.
Doric Arch isn't a bad pub albeit a Fuller's tied house in a rather weird location/building. I do wonder how long it will last given that Fuller's opened the Signal Box on the station mezanine though. I certainly think that they'd be open to offers. Have you tried the Euston Tap in the old station gatehouses? Good beer albeit not cheap.

Oh, a new Spoons opening round the corner from Euston, pretty much next to the Royal George, in January (not sure of the exact date), called the Captain Flinders.

Edited to add: The Camden local paper reports that the Spoons is opening on 9 Jan 24.

Last edited:

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't go down.
Is that because we're too good, or that there are three teams (or more) that are worse than us.
I do agree with your statement however and don't think we'll be relegated, but right now I would suggest it's more of the latter rather than the former.
Doric Arch isn't a bad pub albeit a Fuller's tied house in a rather weird location/building. I do wonder how long it will last given that Fuller's opened the Signal Box on the station mexanine though. I certainly think that they'd be open to offers. Have you tried the Euston Tap in the old station gatehouses? Good beer albeit not cheap.

Oh, a new Spoons opening round the corner from Euston, pretty much next to the Royal George, in January (not sure of the exact date), called the Captain Flinders.
I have tried the Tap on a few occasions and yes there's a good selection if not a tad pricey as you say.
Funnily enough, someone who boarded the train earlier at MK told me about that new Spoons pub opening in Euston so one to try in the future I think.
London doesn't have a shortage of good ale houses that's for sure, which is becoming a godsend of late as we can't buy a win in the capital and the need for a decent boizer to drown my sorrows is becoming a necessity.
Onwards and upwards.

Back
Top Bottom