Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The 3 relegation spots -who's going down ?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sweep the figures under the carpet there WW didn't you :) :) :)

Move over nothing to see here bury my head in the sand.

If you look at my posts I was happy last night but that was one game and we have many left this season unless the season has ended today ?
I believe that you a digging yourself a lovely hole. There will be a queue a mile long to fill it come the end of the season...

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fancy Sheff Utd to scrape out of it if any of the bottom 3 will, despite the results they look a better team than the **** or Fulham. Going to need one of them to string together a run of 4-5 wins in a row though and you just can't see it. The **** have Burnley, Brighton and Newcastle in successive matches the end of this month. Lose all 3 of them and they are gone in my view.

As a side bet, the lowest combined points total of the 3 relegated teams is 76 in 18/19. On current form the bottom 3 are on for a points total of 67. Could we see 3 teams relegated with less than 20 points each? The **** have now played both Fulham and Sheff Utd twice and Sheff Utd and Fulham have played once, so there aren't many points left to be shared amongst them.

D

Deleted member 4008

I believe that you a digging yourself a lovely hole. There will be a queue a mile long to fill it come the end of the season...
What for people saying they are concerned at the present time . If you look through my posts I have said it is about the present not the past or the future .

You bury head in the sand but some on here are constructive with criticism to get better. But you sweep it under the carpet and bury your head in the sand .

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crucial match for Fulham tonight, against Leicester. If they can win that, they give themselves a chance. At least of catching Brighton or Newcastle. Whisper it, but on 26pts with 16 matches to go, I think we might be safe now. :)

Both us and Newcastle have overturned the form book these last couple of days. I'm sure there will be some twists before the end, because it has been a crazy season. Any team could pull out a totally unexpected result (e.g. even albion have had a couple!) and any team could go on a winless run. Look at southampton - they beat Liverpool but now have lost 4 matches since. With a worse injury problem than us, even they are not quite safe yet, especially after the 9-0 hammering.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheffield Utd playing with no real pressure at the moment compared to say Newcastle.If Sheff Utd get close and its a big IF than its a different ball-game. Still think Fulham have a sneaky chance massive game for them tonight.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crucial match for Fulham tonight, against Leicester. If they can win that, they give themselves a chance. At least of catching Brighton or Newcastle. Whisper it, but on 26pts with 16 matches to go, I think we might be safe now. :)
Come on the Foxes... then a couple of minor knocks to key players late on, fit for the weekend after lol....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheffield Utd playing with no real pressure at the moment compared to say Newcastle.If Sheff Utd get close and its a big IF than its a different ball-game. Still think Fulham have a sneaky chance massive game for them tonight.
Fair comment. A bit like how Brentford fell apart in the Chump last year when they actually got to within touching distance of the ****.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sorry?

Would you like an away trips of the 70s and 80s competition to see who’s a wolves fan?

I’ll start. Where did they keep milk floats in the concourse under the away end in 1982?
I think the clue is "in the concourse".

I'll hazard a guess that they kept milk floats in the concourse.

And that's the concourse under the away end.

Do I win?

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I think the clue is "in the concourse".

I'll hazard a guess that they kept milk floats in the concourse.

And that's the concourse under the away end.

Do I win?
No real fans on here then?

the milk floats worked of course- you could drive them around!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I'm honest, I am more concerned about relegation now than I was before the arsenal game!
Biggest concern now being the players picking the tactics.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No real fans on here then?

the milk floats worked of course- you could drive them around!
By the away end do you mean the segregated left hand third (or so) of the South Bank?

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tonight is important for Fulham.

Lose and the gap is (still) 7 points.

It doesn’t sound much but when you have only 14, it’s huge.

But I still think that today’s bottom 3 will be the bottom 3 in May

D

Deleted member 5276

Big Sam reckoned in his interview last night that Albion needed to get to 38 points to avoid relegation. Good luck to him with that squad.... :)

But, by that standard, we need four more wins.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Hollywood will make a film about Sheff Utd if they stay up a big IF

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it looks like the current bottom three will drop.

Really hope Sheff Utd can pull off the great(est) escape.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crikey, this could go on forever.

further west

Ok, Maine Road (Man City)

Back on topic, mixed results last night. The Fulham and Burnley scores were pleasing, but Brighton winning at Anfield was a bit of a pain.

Saturday Fixtures

Burnley v Brighton (15.00)
Newcastle v Southampton (15.00)
Fulham v West Ham (17.30

Sunday

Spurs v WBA (12.00)
Wolves v Leicester (14.00)
Sheffield Utd v Chelsea (19.15)

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We still have a horrible run of fixtures to come in next few weeks,and the table may look a lot different come the middle of March
The good thing is we have a lot of teams to play in the bottom half after that ,and we will probably know by middle of April our fate for this season
Still 4 wins and a couple of draws required,but lets be honest if we cant get those in 16 games we dont deserve to be in the Prem

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We still have a horrible run of fixtures to come in next few weeks,and the table may look a lot different come the middle of March
The good thing is we have a lot of teams to play in the bottom half after that ,and we will probably know by middle of April our fate for this season
Still 4 wins and a couple of draws required,but lets be honest if we cant get those in 16 games we dont deserve to be in the Prem
The trouble is, playing bottom half teams at the end of the season is the worst time to play them -- they are looking over their shoulders. I'd rather be playing teams in the top half who have no prospect of getting much higher -- they have nothing to play for.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The trouble is, playing bottom half teams at the end of the season is the worst time to play them -- they are looking over their shoulders. I'd rather be playing teams in the top half who have no prospect of getting much higher -- they have nothing to play for.
Well we finish with Spurs Everton and Man Utd if thats any help :)

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton shows what can happen if you go on a winning streak.I just can't see Fulham or West Brom doing the same at the moment while Sheff Utd still have alot of ground to make up.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certain posters gave me absolute pelters on here earlier in the week about being confident of staying up as all I did was point out the statistics and not "how they have improved, especially fulham"

In the last 20 games combined between them Albion and Fulham have won one (Tesco versus us) which could and should have been a draw.

Both teams have won only 1 at home this season.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
J
Certain posters gave me absolute pelters on here earlier in the week about being confident of staying up as all I did was point out the statistics and not "how they have improved, especially fulham"

In the last 20 games combined between them Albion and Fulham have won one (Tesco versus us) which could and should have been a draw.

It really amazed me how many people on here and in the media seem to think the likes of Fulham and West Brom can string wins together.
Especially Fulham the media had them down as on a good run on form, all they were doing was playing better than they were 6 months ago, conceding less goals, ok drawing some games but never looked like winning any of them.
When you actually look at the table and see they've won 2 games all season you quickly realise theres absolutly nothing to be concerned about.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Everyone has bought into the narrative that Fulham have improved. I almost did myself for a bit, until I checked and saw they haven't won since November. This was a few games ago. Still not won.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Ok, Maine Road (Man City)

Back on topic, mixed results last night. The Fulham and Burnley scores were pleasing, but Brighton winning at Anfield was a bit of a pain.

Saturday Fixtures

Burnley v Brighton (15.00)
Newcastle v Southampton (15.00)
Fulham v West Ham (17.30

Sunday

Spurs v WBA (12.00)
Wolves v Leicester (14.00)
Sheffield Utd v Chelsea (19.15)
North

Back
Top Bottom