Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The 3 relegation spots -who's going down ?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of that bottom three are going to have a significant revival I reckon - probably Fulham who have been unlucky this season. Any complacency on our part would be madness. Newcastle might be particulalry vulnerable in that case. If Fulham go down I hope we consider Lookman as a possible signing. Been impressed with him. West Brom and Sheff U need a miracle to escape.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at Fulham’s fixtures even if they won 5/7 games 36 points would still see us safe!!! They’re as good as gone

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of that bottom three are going to have a significant revival I reckon - probably Fulham who have been unlucky this season. Any complacency on our part would be madness. Newcastle might be particulalry vulnerable in that case. If Fulham go down I hope we consider Lookman as a possible signing. Been impressed with him. West Brom and Sheff U need a miracle to escape.
Any of the teams in the bottom 3 would need a "significant revival" not seen since Jesus Christ to turn it round. The fact Fulham and West Brom have 4 wins in 44 games between them tells a story.

Lookman isnt there player so it doesnt matter what happens to Fulham

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
15/16 games left. The bottom 3 would need to win about 10 of them games. Meaning the teams above to lose every game.. Considering fulham have won what 2 games all season one of them against albion. The people who maybe should be worried are Burnley realistically that’s the only chance fulham have and I am not the kind of person that would want to bet against Sean Dyche or Burnley he’s a master at keeping them in the premier league

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a season 2 points per match gets you close to top of the table. 76 points
1 point per match gets you close to relegation. 38 points.
So I feel to catch us, Fulham would need to play as a top six club . And Wolves as a relegation club for most of the rest of this season.
I can’t see either happening let alone both together. Which would be required.

D

Deleted member 8913

In a season 2 points per match gets you close to top of the table. 76 points
1 point per match gets you close to relegation. 38 points.
So I feel to catch us, Fulham would need to play as a top six club . And Wolves as a relegation club for most of the rest of this season.
I can’t see either happening let alone both together. Which would be required.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

Veritas

D

Deleted member 8913

It´s going to be Fulham-Blades-sandwells isn´t it?
Not good enough teams to start picking up the required points in order to stay up.
Definintely blunts and baggies ...but Fulham still have life and could get 35-38 points and escape if someone goes on a Southampton like run

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Still going for the current bottom 3. Yes, Fulham could catch Newcastle but they’d need to win games to do that, which they’ve not done all season.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham play Newcastle on the final day of the season. Their goal difference is better. If everything else remains constant, then quite literally, all they have to do is make up THREE points in the next thirteen games, and that last game becomes Loser Goes Down.

Personally, with a third of the season left, I'm hoping Fulham go on a run and drag a couple of teams (Palace?) into it, but Newcastle should be shivering.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem with fulham its always the next game thats must win i thought they were disappointing vs Burnley .I just don't think they have the quality to grind iut enough points while Newcastle will get the odd good result to keep them up.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley play Albion this weekend, while Fulham face Sheffield United. With Newcastle at Old Trafford tomorrow, a win for Fulham will certainly make it interesting at the bottom.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle really should be looking over their shoulder, and I have a feeling they will go down. Like us they haven’t been scoring, 25 goals for them.
however, Wilson has scored 10 of those goals (40%) and he’s out for at least 8 weeks with a hamstring injury.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a lot of love in for Fulham from this forum and the media ATM..but I still see them going down. Newcastle looked strong a few games back and were really pressing teams. Wilson is a huge blow though.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
There is a lot of love in for Fulham from this forum and the media ATM..but I still see them going down. Newcastle looked strong a few games back and were really pressing teams. Wilson is a huge blow though.
Not sure there's a lot of love, but a day out on the river Thames is a more inviting prospect than a 4 hour drive and 20,000 steps to climb to watch us play from the edge of space.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost defies logic, but Southampton are right in it, you know. 30 points on the board, but they still have to play Sheffield, Albion, Brighton, Burnley, Fulham AND Palace, all of whom are going to be scrapping for points, even the bottom two. Their downward momentum is dizzying. It's not like we're in the curly bits of the season, there's still 13 matches left.

As a point of interest, four matches ago when a number of people were saying how unlikely it was we'd get caught by Fulham, we were on 23 points. Fulham reached 22 yesterday. Not in the remainder of the season: in four matches. We've got our act together, thankfully. Southampton have bombed. 8 points from safety, with 13 games left, and unable to buy a win? They're in as much trouble as Brighton and Newcastle.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost defies logic, but Southampton are right in it, you know. 30 points on the board, but they still have to play Sheffield, Albion, Brighton, Burnley, Fulham AND Palace, all of whom are going to be scrapping for points, even the bottom two. Their downward momentum is dizzying. It's not like we're in the curly bits of the season, there's still 13 matches left.

As a point of interest, four matches ago when a number of people were saying how unlikely it was we'd get caught by Fulham, we were on 23 points. Fulham reached 22 yesterday. Not in the remainder of the season: in four matches. We've got our act together, thankfully. Southampton have bombed. 8 points from safety, with 13 games left, and unable to buy a win? They're in as much trouble as Brighton and Newcastle.
Very valid points. Saints desperately need a win. Their confidence seems non-existent.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it,I think Albion have given themselves a fighting chance,although this could be a pivotal weekend for them.If Newcastle lose to Burnley and Albion beat Southampton then their tails will well and truly be up,and they'll have a 5 point gap with 7 to play.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it,I think Albion have given themselves a fighting chance,although this could be a pivotal weekend for them.If Newcastle lose to Burnley and Albion beat Southampton then their tails will well and truly be up,and they'll have a 5 point gap with 7 to play.
Come on you Saints!

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if Albion can continue in their recent goalscoring form then they have a chance, but its very slim and if they go down i will win another £100 courtesy of Betfair, so heres hoping the geordies win against Burnley which will surely leave them with to much to do, Fulham and Sheff Utd are gone now i think.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm supporting Albion for the next 2 games.

I want them to get close - so close it's just out of reach....and then collapse

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem with fulham its always the next game thats must win i thought they were disappointing vs Burnley .I just don't think they have the quality to grind iut enough points while Newcastle will get the odd good result to keep them up.
Not to blow my own trumpet too much but i think i nailed it in feb

Back
Top Bottom