Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The 3 relegation spots -who's going down ?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just before the Sheff Utd match, we were literally bottom of the table, level with the bottom 3 on points.

Today, we are 9 points clear. It's OK everybody, we're racing up the table and pulling away from the relegation places! You can't argue with the stats.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4008

There are plenty of fans in the real world and on here who aren't worried.
SteveBullsKnees why don't you start a thread with a Poll for that . Are you worried or not about the situation regarding relegation. Then come back on this thread in a few hours and update us.

Lift the carpet and sweep.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SteveBullsKnees why don't you start a thread with a Poll for that . Are you worried or not about the situation regarding relegation. Then come back on this thread in a few hours and update us.

Whats the barometer for that? If 25% arent worried is that not enough for you? Why do I have to agree with someone who calls himself numpty?

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m trying to be positive, but it’s really tough. To help myself, I’m just thinking about the next couple of games.
Will we be in the relegation zone after these 2 games? No.
Could we be virtually safe after these 2 games? Yes

To summarise;
0 points - further meltdown on the mix. If the chasers have failed to take advantage, it wouldn’t surprise me. Probably still 7/8 points clear of trouble. Panic level raised to 7 though.
1 point - Possibly enough to maintain the gap to the bottom 3, but not enough to relieve the pressure. Would move the worry forward to the next couple of games.
2 points - Good effort. Unbeaten in 2 games. Beginning to look more hopeful. May be enough to extend that gap.
3, 4 or 6 points - I’ll snap your hands off for 3 points right now, but 4 or 6 points would almost end our worries by the weekend. That’s why I’d rather by in our position.

D

Deleted member 4008

Whats the barometer for that? If 25% arent worried is that not enough for you? Why do I have to agree with someone who calls himself numpty?
Well Brexit was 48 Percent and 52 Percent so that will work for me Stevebullsknee . Then it may give you your answer .

Oh wait I will lift the carpet again .

Go on put it up . Then you will disappear off this thread and sweep it under the carpet .

Last edited by a moderator:

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t know how to start a poll to be honest or I would do it. Can somebody do one please as it’s relevant and would be very interesting

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Brexit was 48 Percent and 52 Percent so that will work for me Stevebullsknee . Then it may give you your answer .

Go on put it up . Then you will disappear off this thread and sweep it under the carpet .
You seem so bothered about it, you put a poll up.

Why does my opinion bother you so much. If the poll disagrees with me does that mean I have to change my opinion, does it even mean Im wrong? No.

If you want to sit their and panic, crack on. I'll be a man and keep my backbone in tact.

D

Deleted member 4008

There is one up now so you can vote no :)

Your opinion doesn't really bother me but don't dish it out kid if you can't take it with other posters .

Lift and sweep kid . See you back here in about an hour or two to see what the percentage is for yes and no . Lift and sweep :)

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing that worries me is the resignation on the faces of our experienced men when we concede.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been doing it regularly. Yesterday he was at his worst. Cant understand why he is getting away with these sort of posts. He is just antagonising other posters who dare make any points against the club or posts he doesnt like.
Debate is a two way thing. Not everyone will agree with you, either in part or whole. Those who post against the predominant trend are entitled to their views, a fact that you have been grateful for in the past. Indeed you in criticising other posters for putting forward their views are guilty of the very same thing that you have complained about when it happened to you previously.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is fascinating how someone who revelled in expressing views other than the prevailing norm now savages others for doing the same. The word for that which comes to mind is hypocrisy.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happens if we have poor lacklustre performance and scrap a win or a great performance but lose.

So long as it is not a poor performance and a loss; I will take any positives

No poor performance and an own goal off some keeps backside, fantastic!

3 point or a positive draw yup im happy, should have phrased it better.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Debate is a two way thing. Not everyone will agree with you, either in part or whole. Those who post against the predominant trend are entitled to their views, a fact that you have been grateful for in the past. Indeed you in criticising other posters for putting forward their views are guilty of the very same thing that you have complained about when it happened to you previously.
Nah people want an echo chamber, where they can revel in self pity

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is one up now so you can vote no :)

Your opinion doesn't really bother me but don't dish it out kid if you can't take it with other posters .

Lift and sweep kid . See you back here in about an hour or two to see what the percentage is for yes and no . Lift and sweep :)
Seen it numpty boy.

As I said further up, what does it prove. I said that there is more than just me that arent worried, so far the poll has others who agree with me.

If you're so obsessed with polls put a straight easy one up "will we be relegated Yes or no"

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whose going down? 100% sure it will be the bottom three.

How to avoid it then? Just finish higher than the bottom three.

This is about the level of 95% of advice found on the internet.
If your name is Trump you say: The League was rigged. We definitely got more points. There is no way that we should be relegated. My legal action will reveal the fixes....

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this. Its amazing that certain posters absolutely cant see where our next point comes from yet are supremely confident that the bottom three clubs who have got 6 wins between them in over 60 games are suddenly going on a run. Then our players need replacing yet they'd all get in the aforementioned 3 teams. Im sure if we'd offered big Sam any of our defenders, he would have ripped our arms off.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If they want that, where was it when we we 7th?

I think it's as valid to say thay some people like to feel they are superfans by always saying their team is the bestest, however awful they actually are, whatever the league table and results are saying.

Those commentators now cracking jokes about bringing a book to read during the first half of our matches...about us "parking not just the bus but a whole line of articulated lorries".. and plenty of other snidey comments on how dull we are these days, why would they be revelling in self pity?

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If your name is Trump you say: The League was rigged. We definitely got more points. There is no way that we should be relegated. My legal action will reveal the fixes....

Don't forget "There is no way we can lose, we are winning all the way, we will easily beat all opposition"...right up to and including the moment reality proves you have, in fact, lost. Thankfully, it could never happen here. :rolleyes:

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think it's as valid to say thay some people like to feel they are superfans by always saying their team is the bestest, however awful they actually are, whatever the league table and results are saying.

Those commentators now cracking jokes about bringing a book to read during the first half of our matches...about us "parking not just the bus but a whole line of articulated lorries".. why would they be revelling in self pity?
It's not about being a superfan, it's about being slated for having a different opinion. People want to express their views and debate, but get shot down.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't mind people having a different opinion, it's often been me who has the different opinion.

The thing with SBK on this one is that he has been proven emphatically wrong just a matter of weeks ago. We all get things wrong, quite often in my case :D, but to be on here with the tone SBK has when he has been incredibly arrogant in telling everyone we would smash, not just beat, West Brom, and that we would pick up 14/15 points from a period where we have still to win a game, is astounding.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Those commentators now cracking jokes about bringing a book to read during the first half of our matches...about us "parking not just the bus but a whole line of articulated lorries".. why would they be revelling in self pity?
You will have to point me to the posts where people have said we are the "bestest", I havent seen any of them at all.

Are we on a poor run? Are we playing badly? A resounding yes to both however have we suddenly become relegation fodder? For me, no. As others have pointed out there is normally a team that pulls themself out, however to be relegated we'd need 4 teams to do that. It just isnt realistic. Whether you agree with that is up to you, but myself and others are allowed an opinion. I got a battering on here yesterday purely for stating facts, not opinions.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the poll 58% are not/only slightly worried about us going down. Does the mix reflect that with the postings? I'd say no, it's dominated by the doomsayers and anyone else is shot down

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't mind people having a different opinion, it's often been me who has the different opinion.

The thing with SBK on this one is that he has been proven emphatically wrong just a matter of weeks ago. We all get things wrong, quite often in my case :D, but to be on here with the tone SBK has when he has been incredibly arrogant in telling everyone we would smash, not just beat, West Brom, and that we would pick up 14/15 points from a period where we have still to win a game, is astounding.
That literally makes no sense. So its ok for you to get things wrong, thats fine but not me. Brilliant.

You like using the bookies as a measuring stick. We were heavily fancied to smash West Brom. At 2-1 my phone blew up with Tesco mates fearing a 5-1 revenge thrashing, it didnt happen thats football its a one off game between two teams in the same division.

You think your beloved Fulham will go past us, I dont. Simple.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the poll 58% are not/only slightly worried about us going down. Does the mix reflect that with the postings? I'd say no, it's dominated by the doomsayers and anyone else is shot down
The same folk 100 year ago would have been walking round with Placards reading "the end is nigh"

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That literally makes no sense. So its ok for you to get things wrong, thats fine but not me. Brilliant.

You like using the bookies as a measuring stick. We were heavily fancied to smash West Brom. At 2-1 my phone blew up with Tesco mates fearing a 5-1 revenge thrashing, it didnt happen thats football its a one off game between two teams in the same division.

You think your beloved Fulham will go past us, I dont. Simple.
No, it's fine to get things wrong, which you did, but then you're still having the same dismissive tone, which I don't get.

If I thought a side would comfortably stay up and were comfortably better than 3 teams, I would then have to reassess my opinion if the side lost to one of those 3 teams.
If a side I thought would comfortably survive had shown relegation form over the last 15 games (out of a 21 game season so far btw!), I would reassess my opinion.

This is the point. You're not reassessing anything. You're doubling down, when I hoped the fact you got things spectacularly wrong the other week would have made you reassess.

And, I don't think Fulham will go past us, I think they could. Very big difference, as you well know.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Genuine question for people who are concerned about Fulham catching us...

Fulham are currently 9 points behind us. We’re 10 points behind Chelsea. Can we catch Chelsea if we have the upturn in form that you expect Fulham to have?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in the slightly worried vote.

A month ago it would've been no chance. The curve is going one way right now, it's perfectly fair to be negative.

And, the only reason I'm 'slightly' worried is because I think we have good players, combined with a nine-point cushion.

When the stats tell you we are on the worse run in Nuno's reign, we are 18th over the last 15 games, and we can all see we're not playing at all well, I think the mood is reflected very fairly - unfortunately.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in the slightly worried vote.

A month ago it would've been no chance. The curve is going one way right now, it's perfectly fair to be negative.

And, the only reason I'm 'slightly' worried is because I think we have good players, combined with a nine-point cushion.

When the stats tell you we are on the worse run in Nuno's reign, we are 18th over the last 15 games, and we can all see we're not playing at all well, I think the mood is reflected very fairly - unfortunately.
I wouldn't argue with a word of that (except perhaps l'm slightly less negative but far from sanguine).

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not about being a superfan, it's about being slated for having a different opinion. People want to express their views and debate, but get shot down.

True. I can't prove it, but the impression I get is that the most "personal" insults are directed at those who express a negative opinion on anything to do with the club. Maybe understandable? I gues s the comeback is "but those people just go on and on and on about our failings". To which you could say "other people went on and on and on and on about how we would beat Albion and only a <insult goes here> could think otherwise". If that's not shooting down (as well as turnign out wrong), then what is?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True. I can't prove it, but the impression I get is that the most "personal" insults are directed at those who express a negative opinion on anything to do with the club. Maybe understandable?
I'm not sure that's wholly true.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, it's fine to get things wrong, which you did, but then you're still having the same dismissive tone, which I don't get.

If I thought a side would comfortably stay up and were comfortably better than 3 teams, I would then have to reassess my opinion if the side lost to one of those 3 teams.
If a side I thought would comfortably survive had shown relegation form over the last 15 games (out of a 21 game season so far btw!), I would reassess my opinion.

This is the point. You're not reassessing anything. You're doubling down, when I hoped the fact you got things spectacularly wrong the other week would have made you reassess.

And, I don't think Fulham will go past us, I think they could. Very big difference, as you well know.
Jesus wept, do you seriously want an apology for my "tone"??

Why do I have to re-asses my opinion? Because you think I should?

I dont have to agree with you, I dont have to take your opinion on board in the same way you clearly dont take mine on board. Just put me on your ignore list if I offend you so much.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question for people who are concerned about Fulham catching us...

Fulham are currently 9 points behind us. We’re 10 points behind Chelsea. Can we catch Chelsea if we have the upturn in form that you expect Fulham to have?
No, because we're not playing well.

It's very simplistic to think our issues are just the points. It's the form, it's the trend. We have shown 18th placed over the last 15 games. That's longer than a 'blip'.

Fulham have drawn seven in 10. If just two or three of them go their way, which they easily could (Loftus-Cheek last minute clearance off line against Brighton, Reid misses a sitter at 1-0 vs Albion), then the gap is closer. Then, we have to play them.

If we were playing well, people would look up. Right now, there is a genuine concern that we won't win 4/5 more games. And, when you've won 1 in your last 10, that's a legitimate concern!

Back
Top Bottom