Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thanks Kenny

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
Kenny has got a lot of points in the bank for what he did during his first 2 seasons at the club. He literally picked us up from our lowest ebb and gave some of the most enjoyable seasons in recent history.

Last season, he got us playing exciting, attacking football that produced goals, got fans off their seats and saw us narrowly miss out on the play-offs.

In terms of the transfer policy, nobody knows who is calling the shots and therefore it is difficult to apportion blame. I am convinced however that if Jackett had full autonomy of the transfer dealings then there is no way he would have entered the season without a competent replacement for Sako and having let Stearman go without an experienced player in place.

Where he does have control is over team selection, substitutions and tactics. This is where he has fallen short. Baffling team selections, bizarre substitutions and an insistence on sticking with players (Edwards, Coady, to an extent Henry) when it is evident that their performances are not up to the required standards or do not fit into the system that he is trying to play.

I find it strange that Byrne was left out of the team until a few weeks ago, and finds himself out of the team again despite some quite credible performances. He has the pace, unpredictability and willingness to take his fullback on that we have been crying out for this season.

However, I want Jackett to be given more time. History shows that he is savvy in the January market and settles on his best team in the New Year. The performances and results tend to pick up in the second half of the season and I think it is clear that this is a season of consolidation (which is incredibly frustrating seeing as in many people eyes we only needed to tweak a few things to have been in with a shot of the top 6) and it needs a steady hand at the helm.

With the uncertainty of the club's ownership, I think it would be wrong to replace the manager and add more instability to the club.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems that many forget the amount of games where Sako would do precisely nothing, November and December last season as an example.

Yep. Recall many labelling him as "the most frustrating player to wear a wolves shirt". Not denying his invaluable contribution but we often had to grind out results when he wasn't on top form.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or rather the failure to adequately replace Sako and Dicko has destroyed us.

Dicko's situation couldn't be helped to some extent - but the club were well aware of Sako's situation well in advance - yet Jackett let the loss of him affect the balance of the side so much.

Did we not sign Byrne after Dicko got injured? You can argue all day long whether Sako or Dicko was most important but spending money on another right sided player when Dicko was out was as ridiculous as replacing Sako with Ojo. We needed another forward to bring the best out of Afobe and plans should have been altered. The only surprise is we signed Byrne and not another central midfielder!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. Recall many labelling him as "the most frustrating player to wear a wolves shirt". Not denying his invaluable contribution but we often had to grind out results when he wasn't on top form.

Whereas now we seem to be grinding out a result every week!

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
December and the man doesn't know what the best 11 is. In any game. Home or away.

It's a joke.

Best striker outside the prem playing right back/centre mid/taking throwins

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed .

Takes best winger off who he didn't even like 2 weeks ago.

Replaces him with a loan winger who he let's play for liverpool last week .

Leaves on his favourite who he wanted to sell to charlton and was diabolical .

Doesn't bring on one of the best players in league 1 last season and someone who has tried to make things happen when given a chance this season .

To say he doesn't have a clue is an understatement at the moment . He has to go right now .

Totally agree. He is clueless.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont agree with everything you post JW but that's spot on for me, subs today weren't even the worst he's done this season because of Bristol City, dread to think what else is to come, only used 2 again!!!!

As I've said Henry and Edwards start next week I won't be paying any attention.

If I see those two are starting again I will rip my hair out!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has earned a little leeway, just like McCarthy did in his second, and third seasons in this league when he went on long winless runs. But just the same, it's a result based business and we can't be too sentimental like we were with McCarthy in the top flight either when it was clear he wasn't doing the job.

Having no owner who cares or is interested is going to make things difficult either to back or sack Kenny.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There should be no sentiment, in football. He has lost all of his leeway, for me, by his abysmal decisions, so far this season.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There should be no sentiment, in football. He has lost all of his leeway, for me, by his abysmal decisions, so far this season.

I don't think less than half a season of mediocrity at a club that's in a bit of turmoil off the pitch is enough to write off two seasons of good work.

I do think however a more ambitious, ruthless owner would have punted Kenny for Allardyce when he was available. There just aren't many proven managers of his caliber around and sometimes you have to make the tough decisions to progress. We didn't in the premier league and we made a mess of it, let's hope somebody buys us and sorts it out quickly.

O

Orbital Wolves

Kenny has got a lot of points in the bank for what he did during his first 2 seasons at the club. He literally picked us up from our lowest ebb and gave some of the most enjoyable seasons in recent history.

Last season, he got us playing exciting, attacking football that produced goals, got fans off their seats and saw us narrowly miss out on the play-offs.

In terms of the transfer policy, nobody knows who is calling the shots and therefore it is difficult to apportion blame. I am convinced however that if Jackett had full autonomy of the transfer dealings then there is no way he would have entered the season without a competent replacement for Sako and having let Stearman go without an experienced player in place.

Where he does have control is over team selection, substitutions and tactics. This is where he has fallen short. Baffling team selections, bizarre substitutions and an insistence on sticking with players (Edwards, Coady, to an extent Henry) when it is evident that their performances are not up to the required standards or do not fit into the system that he is trying to play.

I find it strange that Byrne was left out of the team until a few weeks ago, and finds himself out of the team again despite some quite credible performances. He has the pace, unpredictability and willingness to take his fullback on that we have been crying out for this season.

However, I want Jackett to be given more time. History shows that he is savvy in the January market and settles on his best team in the New Year. The performances and results tend to pick up in the second half of the season and I think it is clear that this is a season of consolidation (which is incredibly frustrating seeing as in many people eyes we only needed to tweak a few things to have been in with a shot of the top 6) and it needs a steady hand at the helm.

With the uncertainty of the club's ownership, I think it would be wrong to replace the manager and add more instability to the club.

No need for any other posts. This is how things stand - no hyperbole, spot on

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too much is made of Sako.. if I recall correctly, our stats for the last 2 seasons without Sako was - played 18 won 14 drew 4.
He was great, not doubting that, and I do bloody miss seeing him.. but get over him he's gone!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been asking questions about KJ for some time and not without shipping some flak on here I might add!!

In terms of

Signings ..... failure
Tactics ...... failure
Man management ..... failure

Overall result ....failure!

Anyone still think otherwise???

M

merseawolf

Spot on. I was saying after last seasons failure to reach the play offs finishing behind a really poor ipswich team and brentford that KJ hasnt got the balls to go for it and is far too defensive. Wen i saw yesterdays line up you could see what could happen. How can u set up the same at home as the same at ipswich away after you havnt won. I could understand if we had played well and won at ipswich but we didnt.
Enough is enough.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people have very short memories. Why do some who backed one of our managers from recent history through poor spells fail to give the same backing to Kenny. Thank god it's only a small minority of utter hypocrites.

I'm not saying Kenny is necessarily the man to do the job, he has made some very strange decisions this season, but surely he deserves some time considering his achievements over the last 2 seasons. Then again, if we had taken this approach some want with Kenny early on in our second premier league season we would still be a top flight club.

M

merseawolf

Kennys acheivments?
Win Div3 with a squad far better than anything else in the league.
Finish 7th in Div2 behind a team that finished behind us the year before.
This year. Lying 15th. Playing awful football. Odd team selections. Even more bizarre tactics. Baffling substitutions. Heading towards a Solbakken winter.
Whats so good that he needs longer to sort this rabble out.
Just go out and attack teams. Get 2 strikers on the pitch at home.
Score goals wins games. Boring football drives people away.
Still a good job and budget for someone to come in and turn it around. Look at Brighton and B'ham.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on. I was saying after last seasons failure to reach the play offs finishing behind a really poor ipswich team and brentford that KJ hasnt got the balls to go for it and is far too defensive. Wen i saw yesterdays line up you could see what could happen. How can u set up the same at home as the same at ipswich away after you havnt won. I could understand if we had played well and won at ipswich but we didnt.
Enough is enough.

I have a similar view. Caution rules it seems, with certain players always as the fall back position, even when it is clear they are just bang average.
I still think about our approach v Ipswich at home last season. A playoff game for a playoff place if there was ever one. What was our approach; CAUTION, when we really needed to go for it.
KJ is a plodder, uncertain and can't and doesn't take on opportunities. We need someone with some balls and can see the wood from the trees and not just meddle and fart about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a similar view. Caution rules it seems, with certain players always as the fall back position, even when it is clear they are just bang average.
I still think about our approach v Ipswich at home last season. A playoff game for a playoff place if there was ever one. What was our approach; CAUTION, when we really needed to go for it.
KJ is a plodder, uncertain and can't and doesn't take on opportunities. We need someone with some balls and can see the wood from the trees and not just meddle and fart about.

That's when Kenny lost it for me. An absolute must win game yet he was happy to play for a point. A cowardly and cautious act showed that he is an average championship manager that will never get us promoted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's when Kenny lost it for me. An absolute must win game yet he was happy to play for a point. A cowardly and cautious act showed that he is an average championship manager that will never get us promoted.

Agreed! We travelled over expecting that with the momentum we had built up, we would really go for it!

Such a tepid attempt!

That was the end of the season!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally agree.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great on his day Jonzy, not doubting that, but for me Dicko was more important to how we play.

We certainly controlled games more when we played with dicko as the lone striker , he's far more suited to that role than afobe...

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
33/1 with Corals to get relegated. Pile in if you want, although the pessimists will probably say wait till we've lost tomorrow. We are slightly longer odds to go up than down, but about 9 out of 10 chance that we will be in the same division next year. Disappointing I grant you, but with an owner who has given up what do you expect?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kennys acheivments?
Win Div3 with a squad far better than anything else in the league.
Finish 7th in Div2 behind a team that finished behind us the year before.
This year. Lying 15th. Playing awful football. Odd team selections. Even more bizarre tactics. Baffling substitutions. Heading towards a Solbakken winter.
Whats so good that he needs longer to sort this rabble out.
Just go out and attack teams. Get 2 strikers on the pitch at home.
Score goals wins games. Boring football drives people away.
Still a good job and budget for someone to come in and turn it around. Look at Brighton and B'ham.

Brentford would have gotten promoted if they hadn't have pre-empted Warburton's departure earlier in the season.

KJ's Championship management pattern is worryingly similar to that of Millwall.

As for the team playing well...if he's comparing it to those that preceded that last 3 then that's not really a yardstick to measure it by. It couldn't have gotten any worse.

I'm still convinced the players we have would fair a lot better under a more progressive and positive manager. Time will tell.

F

FLEET WOLF

Spot on

A

AlexWWFC

Brentford would have gotten promoted if they hadn't have pre-empted Warburton's departure earlier in the season.

KJ's Championship management pattern is worryingly similar to that of Millwall.

As for the team playing well...if he's comparing it to those that preceded that last 3 then that's not really a yardstick to measure it by. It couldn't have gotten any worse.

I'm still convinced the players we have would fair a lot better under a more progressive and positive manager. Time will tell.

Spot on for me

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he says we feel we play good football :eek::embarassed::eek::embarassed::eek:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
KJ was bought in for the longterm development of our club. He is not an aggressive , get-into-them type of manager. IMO Steve Morgan employed him for his non confrontational qualities. Now SM wants out so we will see consolidated caution. Boring nothing type football.

D

Deleted member 4152

KJ was bought in for the longterm development of our club. He is not an aggressive , get-into-them type of manager. IMO Steve Morgan employed him for his non confrontational qualities. Now SM wants out so we will see consolidated caution. Boring nothing type football.

This. And to be fair we were warned on other forums by millwall fans that this is what he is like.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
This. And to be fair we were warned on other forums by millwall fans that this is what he is like.
And also to be fair, I am personally getting utterly sick of him being at our once great club. He is dragging it down to once unthinkable levels. Shocking mate.

Back
Top Bottom