Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thank you Steve Davis

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know results haven't gone as you would have wished during your period in charge. I appreciate that you will also have responsibility for the team and its performance for the game against Leeds later this week. It has I believe been your ambition to have managed the club since you were a young lad. It is not your fault that we are currently in the position we are in and from what I see you have done an excellent job with our underage teams. Thanks for taking on a very difficult job in challenging times and I hope you continue the excellent job you were doing prior to taking over the senior team.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know results haven't gone as you would have wished during your period in charge. I appreciate that you will also have responsibility for the team and its performance for the game against Leeds later this week. It has I believe been your ambition to have managed the club since you were a young lad. It is not your fault that we are currently in the position we are in and from what I see you have done an excellent job with our underage teams. Thanks for taking on a very difficult job in challenging times and I hope you continue the excellent job you were doing prior to taking over the senior team.
Steve Davis has done his best in almost an impossible situation. Absolutely no back up team and no Premier League experience to help him.

No criticism from me.

Stingray II

Reaction score
He is not a Premier League coach. I don't believe he ever claimed to be. We have been without one since Lage's sacking. He is simply the caretaker instructed to make sure that basic essential things happen. I would not be surprised if he's not enjoyed this role at all and is now delighted that a new manager is appointed. I don't hold him responsible for any of the results or performances since he was appointed caretaker. If anything, I feel a little sorry for him as he's had to step into to this role for which he's not qualified. It would be terribly unfair if this temporary appointment, which I'm sure he never asked for, results in his dismissal by the new manager. I hope Shi puts him back in his normal role from where he was plucked (with a fair bonus payment).

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Great sentiment, completely agree.

He also gave Bueno his opportunity as a starter in the first team, and that's not a bad legacy after such a short time.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad he came out and said what needed to be said in his most recent press conference rather than kowtowing to the idiots upstairs. A bit too diplomatic for my liking but if I wanted to stay employed I'd almost certainly have applied the same filter.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope there is still a place for him once the dust settles.
He’ll go back to his age group as will Collins. The academy is run very seperately to the first team so anyone Julen brings in will very much be around first team coaching .

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No issues with Steve Davis. He’s not experienced at PL level, that’s not his fault, and feel he’s done his best. Those 4 points could be huge come the end of the season (although I fear they won’t be).

Only minor criticism from me is that we persisted with a back 4, when I think we’d have been better off switching to a 5, just to shut up shop a bit more until the new manager was appointed and make the most of the fact we have WB’s not FB’s in the squad.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Put in an impossible job by the board done the best he could in the circumstances.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree absolutely, credit to him. He got the team playing better and with more heart than Bruno was managing.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He has been massively let down by the two red cards. Can’t blame any manager for players doing that kind of stupid thing.
This. Steve Davis is a good guy, and he’s leaving us in a better place than he found us (scoring goals, creating opportunities, players don’t look so scared and low in confidence). Just let down by ridiculous decisions by two senior players.

He’s a good man, and a wolves fan, I’m glad he’s part of the club.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck Steve & James back at the academy, thanks for helping in difficult circumstances but it’s time to hand over to the elite .

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the last 2 games have given me more help we can get out of this mess, as Brentford we come from behind and played well. Brighton come from behind to lead and think we could have won with 11 on the pitch.

Thank you Steve, wasn't the best of situations, but can hold your head high.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has introduced some of the young players and all in all that has proved successful.

So in terms of his actual day job, he and Collins have shown they are doing a very good job for Wolves

Hopefully they will continue to progress them and be heard when they recommend a younger player who they feel is ready

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has got us scoring more - with Saturday being the first time we’d scored twice at Molineux in the League since Villa on April 2nd, he has got us creating way more chances than under Bruno and has helped launch Hugo and Boubacar’s career’s; both of whom will play big roles during the rest of the campaign.

Seeing how well the Youth Sides are doing this campaign so far, he will go back with added experience and that will undoubtedly be significantly handy.

Obs 4 points out of 18 is meh, but he’s done his best in the situation and with a bit more luck, Palace, Brentford and Brighton all could have been wins!

Hope he sticks around and I thank him for his service.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did the best he could with the situation given to him. No time to prepare, threadbare squad, player confidence at an all-time low.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Impossible situation and a pair of impossibles managers in Davis and Collins.
Like picking two random blokes going down Darlington street and just chucking them in there.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing against him personally but he's so far out his depth.

4pts from the 7 games (working on the basis we lose to Arsenal) he was given is an atrocious return and it could well be the key period that relegates us when we look back.

Not his fault as how can you turn it down? Equally so, it's basically Terry Connor again. Nothing against the guy but totally embarrassing that we put someone so underqualified in for seven games in the Premier League.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
has been awful to be honest

Continuing to play moutinho, no activity on the sideline, nunes out of position, no idea defensively how many players are to defend corners, takes off your tallest player in added time when pumping balls into the box, subs too late.

This isn’t stuff you need a top level coach for, and most fans can see it.

Obviously shi’s fault but I’m not sure what we are thanking him for

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was asked to step up and he has stepped up so fair play to him for that. I dont doubt his integrity or desire to do well but to be honest its a little bit concerning that this guy is in charge of one our senior youth teams never mind put in charge for 7 premier league games. Behind the scenes I guess Jeff was aware of the possibility that Lopetegui's position would change but even so there surely must have been better options even for a short term role as a caretaker manager.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He deserves credit for introducing Bueno and Hodge to the first team but tactically he has been all over the place. It isnt his fault as he plainly isnt a Premier League Head coach and he seems a nice guy but to me we look far more open than when Lage was here, we have less and less possession in games and we have Moutinho left on the pitch and taking all the free kicks. I am by no means saying Lage was any good as he was dreadful and had to go but I dont think Davis has done anything particularly amazing since he had the gig. Again not his fault but better for him and us he will be going back to the u18's and Collins to the u21's.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems a good guy and was given a pretty crap hand really. Not helped by some pretty large gaps in the squad and terrible defending and some fairly idiotic decision making out on the pitch. We shouldn't t have ever been in a position was in charge that long really. Hopefully Julen can sort some of that **** out and bring in some reinforcements in or else we are likely doomed.

Back
Top Bottom