Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Rennes

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never concern myself with what others think about our chances in any season, particularly Agbonlahor. If we signed Mbappe, Kane and Salah he would still tip us to go down. I don’t mind that he dislikes Wolves, it’s just that he makes it so obvious.
I suspect he likes winding Wolves fans up.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know the attendances for our pre-season games? The only one I can find is a round figure of 28000 for the Celtic game

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was on a stag yesterday so this is only going on the highlights.

We've got a gem in Nunes, looked hugely impressive.
Sarabia - great delivery. About time!
Cunha - carries the ball so so well.

Full backs looked fit, hungry and looked to bomb forward.

Actually enjoyed watching that, cannot remember the last time I said that.

A couple of key additions and we will have a good season IMO.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t see the game and only watched the highlights but looks like we have some player in Gomes. The boy oozes class in everything he did which at such a young age is very impressive. A ready made Neves replacement.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t see the game and only watched the highlights but looks like we have some player in Gomes. The boy oozes class in everything he did which at such a young age is very impressive. A ready made Neves replacement.

Huge credit to the club for bedding him and Lemina in a year before Neves and Moutinho went.

It’s certainly eased the transition

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looked the complete package yesterday, energetic, tackles, passes (and mainly progressive passes), good on the ball, calm.
Thought his goal was excellent, having seen it now on highlights and in slomo, it was even better than I thought at the time, that little foot roll over the top of the ball and slotting it through a tight gap was sublime.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What was Sasa like yesterday ?
Played well when he came on, held the ball up for Nunes in the build up for the 3rd and his touch in general was good.

Made defenders think with his movement and physical presence which gave Nunes in particular space to be his best. Made some excellent runs into the box to take defenders away.

He's not mobile enough yet and you can see he's getting up to match fitness so I wouldn't expect more than sub appearances for a good month or so.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I'd have a wander onto the Rennes forum to get their view on proceedings yesterday and turns out and it's le Francais Mix...

The Stade Rennes online forum has gone into "teenager not knowing how to manage his overflow of hormones" mode. One day, the weather is nice, everything is perfect, he has flowers and unicorns in his eyes and he is going to conquer the world. The next day it's raining and life is ****

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Thought I'd have a wander onto the Rennes forum to get their view on proceedings yesterday and turns out and it's le Francais Mix...

The Stade Rennes online forum has gone into "teenager not knowing how to manage his overflow of hormones" mode. One day, the weather is nice, everything is perfect, he has flowers and unicorns in his eyes and he is going to conquer the world. The next day it's raining and life is ****
Wolves are a very good side technically physically and tactically

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sounds like Google translate to me. :smile:

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Am I the only one who struggled with the stream? Paid my £6 and hardly got to see any action as the screen kept freezing. When Hwang scored there was a break of about a minute and when it came back the score was still shown as 2-1. Then after a few more breaks the score was suddenly 3-1 and I thought the Hwang goal had mysteriously been disallowed and we'd scored another one. I was seeing about ten seconds of action and then it would freeze for about a minute.

Somebody mentioned having problems with an earlier match but I was fine for that one.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It must be that Wolves #8 shirt, but his out-swinging, outside of the boot long ranger was so nearly a ‘Neves’ special.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Am I the only one who struggled with the stream? Paid my £6 and hardly got to see any action as the screen kept freezing. When Hwang scored there was a break of about a minute and when it came back the score was still shown as 2-1. Then after a few more breaks the score was suddenly 3-1 and I thought the Hwang goal had mysteriously been disallowed and we'd scored another one. I was seeing about ten seconds of action and then it would freeze for about a minute.

Somebody mentioned having problems with an earlier match but I was fine for that one.
Got to be honest, paid for stream, watched on my phone in Cyprus, apart from one, one minute freeze, where I was on the hotel internet and I had to switch to my data, it was perfect.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Got to be honest, paid for stream, watched on my phone in Cyprus, apart from one, one minute freeze, where I was on the hotel internet and I had to switch to my data, it was perfect.
You clearly took all my bandwidth then. :D Maybe the trick is to get on early. It was about 12.42 when I first tried to log on.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You clearly took all my bandwidth then. :D Maybe the trick is to get on early. It was about 12.42 when I first tried to log on.
Probably logged on about 12.15 (2.15 here), so you could be right. They should give you some it back.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Football fans.... Fundamentally the same all around the world lol....

McSteen

Groupie
Reaction score

Watched first half on my phone, and second half on tv (chromecast). Had no issues here in Norway, logged in and paid few minutes before kick off.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
The Porto, Celtic, Luton games showed us nothing and we were right to be concerned. Today’s game showed us a completely different side. No backing off, no going from the edge of the opponent box and back to our keeper. I always try and post what I see, and I have to say that was the best performance albeit a friendly I’ve seen in 2 years, combative in midfield, playing for each other. I’ve said on here many times that I thought our first point would be Luton away, now finger’s crossed, first point Man Utd away

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most predictions I’ve seen from both pundits and fans have us going down. I’m not really surprised with the amount of negative press we’ve had over summer, not helped by Lopetegui’s interviews. Hopefully we can reach a compromise on incomings because the core group of players is good, we just need a little bit more.
Maybe it was a cunning plan from Lopetegui, people won't see us coming

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of positives to take from these last 2 friendlies. I’m confident we’ll have a good season.

Bit annoying we don’t have a slightly easier set of fixtures to begin the season. Start well and I think this team will grow and grow in confidence.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was liquid football.

Fluid, rapid movement, constantly looking foward to play the ball, rather than the safe pass.
All players were supporting each other in possession, trying to create options for the player
with the ball. All players looking to beat their man if possible, but especially Nunes and Cunha
who stood out for their offensive intent and ambition.

Chance after chance was created, against a very good side, who had seen off Forest and West ham
the previous week. Three goals were superbly taken, but it could easily have been two or three goals
more.

Finally, there is a glimpse of breaking the spell of cautious football that has surrounded the team since
Covid arrived. And perhaps even longer if one defines Nuno as a coach with the emphasis on defensive
organisation and the counterattack. With Coady and Neves now gone, it could be that the key personnel
changes to make this shift to the modern emphasis on attache have been accomplished.

Of course, too much should not be taken from a couple of friendlies. Also defensively we still concede
chances, (as is inevitable if committing more resources forward). There is an awful lot of obvious confidence
in the team now, and lets see if that can be sustained in a very tough series of matches.

But a very welcome and surprising turnabout.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
I haven't read any post-match comments from Lopetegui, which I think is unusual. Is he maybe still having a strop?

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I only watched the 2nd half, but what a half that was!

We were so pleasing on the eye, breaking up the play in the middle with proper aggression followed by quick and imaginative transitions.

The team looked like it had been released from some kind of restraints.

If this is what we're going to get this season then we'll be fine. Probably we don't have enough depth for a top half finish, but a mid-table finish with much more enjoyable games on the way is certainly well within our reach.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I only watched the 2nd half, but what a half that was!

We were so pleasing on the eye, breaking up the play in the middle with proper aggression followed by quick and imaginative transitions.

The team looked like it had been released from some kind of restraints.

If this is what we're going to get this season then we'll be fine. Probably we don't have enough depth for a top half finish, but a mid-table finish with much more enjoyable games on the way is certainly well within our reach.
Think we’d all take that.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't read any post-match comments from Lopetegui, which I think is unusual. Is he maybe still having a strop?
I heard or read somewhere he wasn't doing any UK press until the season starts (might have been E&S podcast?)

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard or read somewhere he wasn't doing any UK press until the season starts (might have been E&S podcast?)
I think it was mentioned there and written elsewhere. Same for against Luton. He will do the Man U pre and post match press conferences as that’s contractual but nothing else. It’s not clear whether this is at JL’s or the club’s instigation.

Would have thought it would be the latter as they’re probably trying to mute the criticism, think they did the same to Lage when he was asking for more signings. Didn’t have to with Nuno as he didn’t like the press anyway.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was mentioned there and written elsewhere. Same for against Luton. He will do the Man U pre and post match press conferences as that’s contractual but nothing else. It’s not clear whether this is at JL’s or the club’s instigation.

Would have thought it would be the latter as they’re probably trying to mute the criticism, think they did the same to Lage when he was asking for more signings. Didn’t have to with Nuno as he didn’t like the press anyway.
Perhaps rather unwise in JL's case. He is quite happy, and has the links, to vent in European media if he feels the need to do so. In that situation the club would have less control.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club normally have done an interview with the head coach during pre season the last couple of years. Noticeable not one this year. Clear why as well.

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
just watched the highlights. is there a chance we might actually be fun to watch this year?????

Back
Top Bottom