Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v villa

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 3 games in a week is going to be Cunha biggest obstacle I reckon...do you build him up gradually or give him 60 mins to start etc....one off game Saturday may be different....but it's looking at the whole of next week that presents an issue surely...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 3 games in a week is going to be Cunha biggest obstacle I reckon...do you build him up gradually or give him 60 mins to start etc....one off game Saturday may be different....but it's looking at the whole of next week that presents an issue surely...
30 mins vile
60 mins start burnely ( get game done and 3 points)
then 60 mins to 70 weekend?

hope 90 by next week?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
30 mins vile
60 mins start burnely ( get game done and 3 points)
then 60 mins to 70 weekend?

hope 90 by next week?
Whatever the medical team n Gary think....just pointing out although it's great to have him back....the fact we have 3 games in a week makes it a bit more tricky as such....Fraser or chiwone may have to put some minutes in as well, to cover it...

And accordingly expectations probably need to match that......

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to push RAN up top for me. Cunha either starts and plays 45-60 mins (if think not fully match fit but injury is ok) or doesn't play. Not certain about having on bench getting cold and then popping him on for 10 mins.

Hoping....

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Gomes Lemina Bueno
Sarabia Cunha RAN

(with RAN potentially in behind Sarabia and Cunha as a 10/false 9 and Cunha coming in off the left).

Subs Bentley Doc Doyle Traore Chiwome Fraser +3 kids

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After what happened to Pedro that would be utter lunacy in my view.
We play three games over the next week. If we don't maintain our strong form then we fall out of the race for top eight very quickly. Maybe Villa is the game where he isn't risked given how strong they are at home, but very soon he's going to have to start if we want to have any chance.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We play three games over the next week. If we don't maintain our strong form then we fall out of the race for top eight very quickly. Maybe Villa is the game where he isn't risked given how strong they are at home, but very soon he's going to have to start if we want to have any chance.
Trashing what remaining players we have on an almost certainly forlorn hope will likely encourage them to want out.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trashing what remaining players we have on an almost certainly forlorn hope will likely encourage them to want out.
That’s a tad dramatic!
No one is suggesting playing him against medical advice, only if he is given the all clear.
And it’s Villa! they are a good team, but they are not unbeatable.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240329_111852_LINEUP11.jpg
Emery likes to pack his midfield so I think we need at least three in there. As the games wears on and Cunha gets tired, against this Villa side, I would bring on Boubacar for Cunha and switch to a diamond with RAN and Sarabia up top.

I know he has had to change it recently due to personnel issues but most of the season it's been Watkins and Bailey (or Diaby) with Kamara, Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans all in a diamond midfield. With our own personnel issues, I can't see why we should try to go much more attacking than that, particularly away from home. Sit in, frustrate, counter.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240329_111852_LINEUP11.jpg
Emery likes to pack his midfield so I think we need at least three in there. As the games wears on and Cunha gets tired, against this Villa side, I would bring on Boubacar for Cunha and switch to a diamond with RAN and Sarabia up top.

I know he has had to change it recently due to personnel issues but most of the season it's been Watkins and Bailey (or Diaby) with Kamara, Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans all in a diamond midfield. With our own personnel issues, I can't see why we should try to go much more attacking than that, particularly away from home. Sit in, frustrate, counter.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Whatever the medical team n Gary think....just pointing out although it's great to have him back....the fact we have 3 games in a week makes it a bit more tricky as such....Fraser or chiwone may have to put some minutes in as well, to cover it...

And accordingly expectations probably need to match that......
After seeing Fraser against Coventry I’d start Chiwome over him at present. No slight on Fraser, just maybe needs some help the way things are at the moment up front. Ordinarily with a little more squad depth and less injuries they both might well be on loan somewhere learning their trade.
Anyway UTW!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Cunha starts otherwise we will find the ball keeps coming back and defence will eventually crack. Otherwise GAN doesn't have a lot of choice. RAN must play up front wide with Bueno replacing him at WB.

The Villa squad is so much deeper than ours! They lose McGinn and Kamara and have Luiz and Tielemans to play. Can replace Cash with Konsa.. Moreno and Digne in competition on the other side... at CB multiple quality options... and Diaby to support a CF with 16 goals already this season and a very dangerous Bailey. Buendia and Mings long term injured but they have hardly felt the loss... Jacob Ramsey coming back... And Dhuran in reserve.
In comparison we are paper thin in terms of cover and competition. So much work to do in the summer transfer market with Sasa, Neto and Hwang all so injury prone and Dawson coming to the end of his career. Plus Guedes,SIlva and Podence to somehow get some money for....and perhaps the loss of Neto. We need two new strikers and a winger imv. Oh and Che Adams is not the answer and never will be.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After seeing Fraser against Coventry I’d start Chiwome over him at present. No slight on Fraser, just maybe needs some help the way things are at the moment up front. Ordinarily with a little more squad depth and less injuries they both might well be on loan somewhere learning their trade.
Anyway UTW!
I’d probably plan to give each 45.
Chiwome seems far more pacy so will probably be a greater threat if we end up playing counter attacking football.
Think I’d start Fraser then bring Chiwome on for the second half.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman, S Bueno, Toti
Semedo, Gomes, Traore, Lemina, H Bueno
Sarabia, RAN

Although I reckon it’ll be Doyle and Doherty instead of Traore and H Bueno.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman, S Bueno, Toti
Semedo, Gomes, Traore, Lemina, H Bueno
Sarabia, RAN

Although I reckon it’ll be Doyle and Doherty instead of Traore and H Bueno.
If Doc plays today we will lose by at least three. Jonny was more effective!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Kilman
Beueno
Toti
 Bueno

Lemina
Gomes
Traore

Nouri
Chiwome

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Cunha is still out, I think RAN has to start up top. Bring Hugo in at left wing back. Villa love to press high so I'd start Chiwome so we have some pace up top and runners for Sarabia to find.

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes Bueno
Sarabia Chiwome RAN​

Very unfortunate to still have four forwards out injured. You can usually deal with an injury crisis, but not when it's all in one area. Awful situation.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Cunha is still out, I think RAN has to start up top. Bring Hugo in at left wing back. Villa love to press high so I'd start Chiwome so we have some pace up top and runners for Sarabia to find.

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Sarabia Chiwome RAN​

Very unfortunate to still have four forwards out injured. You can usually deal with an injury crisis, but not when it's all in one area. Awful situation.
Yeah, I think it’s either that team or Doyle for Hugo in a 352.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha not involved tomorrow according to Dave Azzopardi.

I think we could lose by four or five.

We are absolutely stuffed in attack. Gutted. It could be a stroll for Vile. May aswell use Chiwome anfd hope he comes good as we have virtually nothing else. Front three of RAN, Chiwome and Sarabia with Bueno at left wing back.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Sarabia Chiwome RAN​

This is the team I would go with and pray.

Back
Top Bottom