Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v Leicester City

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what I would like to see:

Sa
Bueno-Collins-Kilman-Semedo
B.Traore-Neves-Nunes
Campbell-Costa-A.Traore

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to try something different IMO.

Sa
Semedo - Collins - Kilman - Jonny
Adama - Nunes - Neves - RAN
Costa - Guedes​

Only way we will score goals is get more players in the box , said last night watching it I'd play 2 central and drop to a basic 4 4 2 and just get balls into the box we need goals and it will confuse the opposition as its rare we do it.

As for the central pair it should be Costa plus 1 of Guedes or Hwang and fine them 2 weeks wages if they drift wide.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only way we will score goals is get more players in the box , said last night watching it I'd play 2 central and drop to a basic 4 4 2 and just get balls into the box we need goals and it will confuse the opposition as its rare we do it.

As for the central pair it should be Costa plus 1 of Guedes or Hwang and fine them 2 weeks wages if they drift wide.
Yep. We need a back-to-basics approach, IMO. Simple football. Get the ball into the box. There is a player in Guedes and we need to try and get that out of him too. I think pairing him with Costa is our best chance of that.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pep described him as one of the best in the world (as AM). He won best midfielder in the league two months running whilst at Sporting. Only at Wolves, it seems, do players turn rubbish in their ‘natural’ positions.
He didn't play AM at Sporting he played in centre midfielder with Palhinha.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Killman RAN
Neves Traore
Traore Podence Hwang
Costa
Maybe Campbell instead of Hwang if he and Costa need to share the central striker duties due to neither being up to a full 90.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would play B Traore in front of Neves and Nunes.

He's not disciplined enough to play a deeper role or set position (not right now anyway).
And he looks like he might give a few fouls away (through sheer enthusiasm). better to do that further from our goal.

And Leicester will have watched that last night and Maddison will play in the hole where Saha and others started to drift into second half which caused us no end of trouble.

But boy can Traore press and cover the ground. I could see him winning a lot of balls higher up the pitch against a passing side like Leicester and just disrupting their game playing there.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Sa; Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Bueno; B. Traore, Neves, Nunes; Traore, Costa, Podence.

MontyR

Reaction score
Same team as last night if they’re fit enough.

NorthWolf

Reaction score
1666176913527.jpeg

I can guarantee these guys would play with more hunger, pride, and desire to wear the shirt. Probably a better team over all as well....

Spencer Bourton, Archie Prescott, Casen Vaughn, Jayden Murphy, Luca Jones, Treyvan Campbell, Ezekiel Welch, Lincoln Riley, Ricco Ritchie, Eddi Coldicott, Jake Bates, Jack Tyler.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would play B Traore in front of Neves and Nunes.

He's not disciplined enough to play a deeper role or set position (not right now anyway).
And he looks like he might give a few fouls away (through sheer enthusiasm). better to do that further from our goal.

And Leicester will have watched that last night and Maddison will play in the hole where Saha and others started to drift into second half which caused us no end of trouble.

But boy can Traore press and cover the ground. I could see him winning a lot of balls higher up the pitch against a passing side like Leicester and just disrupting their game playing there.
I agree, switch Nunes with B Traore. We need more pressing further up the pitch. Nunes is better sitting deeper anyway.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4-1-2-2-1

However you want to suggest it

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman (Bueno/Ran)

B Traore

Neves Nunes

Traore Guedes/Campbell
Costa

Unless podence is playing 10 hes on the bench

1666178708052.png

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn't play AM at Sporting he played in centre midfielder with Palhinha.

I’ve often wondered what a midfield 2 of Neves / Nunes would be like.

I think they’d complement each other.

Nunes is currently playing the Dendoncker role - floating around not doing much. He couldn’t hide in a midfield 2 (not that I’m accusing him of hiding).

I do like the look of Boubacar too, but I think we only need a midfield 3 against top 6.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea who to pick tbh!
Too many of them playing who are not fit and can’t make it past 60 mins.
Sa playing with a broken wrist (and that was clattered by Ward last night), Boubabcar knackered after 58 mins, Adama carrying a knock; Guedes, Costa, Semedo, Jonny all unfit. WTAF!?

I would quite like to go back to 3/5 at the back but no idea who we would play in the “Coady role”

Best guess given current (fit ish) options:

Sarkic
Lembikisa Collins Kilman Bueno
Neves
Nunes Ronan RAN/ Hodge
Costa Campbell

I give up.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny-Semedo-Collins-Kilman-Bueno
Neves-Nunes
Traore-Hwang-Campbell

We are too vulnerable playing four at the back IMHO.
The easiest way to avoid getting relegated is through strenghtening our defence.
Even with four at the back we are simply not scoring enough..and it remains to be seen if going back to five at the back will hurt us in attack in any shape or form the way it has looked thus far this season.I think that Semedo can cope well in a central three and with Jonny and Bueno as wingbacks it should mean a better balance.
Neves and Nunes with clearcut defined roles at central midfield.I am not at all convinced that Nunes isn´t an attacking midfielder worth his salt.I think he played reasonably well yesterday.
The attackingline seems strange.The idea behind it is to be able to bring on Diego Costa and perhaps Podence as well against an opposition with at least 45 minutes of football allready in their legs.
I´d tell Hwang and Campbell to treat their first half as being a whole match.Run and run and run.

Subs will be of the utmost importance.I want us to be able to be stronger the longer the match continues and we stop playing badly latter half of games.

I would certainly plan for entrances by Diego Costa,Daniel Podence,Boubacar Traore at the start of or very early second half.
That might enable us to be strong the whole match through.
RAN and Ronan or the hopeless Guedes might also be alternatives from the bench second half.
When/if Jonny get´s tired we can always also slip back into four at the back if needed.

It is not only picking the strongest starting eleven any more.We have to manage what we got til last whistle IMO..and for example starting with Hwang is a reflection of a desire to manage just this.We go five at the back and we hold on first half.
We can then make our move second half,where most matches is won(we saw it yesterday for example)

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ideally,we should be able to bring Adama Traore into the equation at halftime and not starting with him.
I do think there is too much of a risk to start the match without him.
You can bet your life that Leicester will pay close attention to Adama when he´s on the pitch..and starting with Guedes for example might mean that Leicester can go all out from first whistle.
I´d squeeze every available minute out of Adama from the start..and when/if needed bring Guedes on against what hopefully is somewhat battleworn opposition in the second half.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
-----------------Sa---------------------
-Jonny---Collins-----Kilman--Ait-Nouri-
---------Neves------Nunes------------
-Traore--------Guedes-------Podence-
---------------Hwang----------------

Subs: Sarkic, Mosquera, Bueno, Semedo, Traore, Moutinho, Campbell, Hodge, Costa

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
-----------------Sa---------------------
-Jonny---Collins-----Kilman--Ait-Nouri-
---------Neves------Nunes------------
-Traore--------Guedes-------Podence-
---------------Hwang----------------

Subs: Sarkic, Mosquera, Bueno, Semedo, Traore, Moutinho, Campbell, Hodge, Costa
Swap podence and guedes and im good with that

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman Toti Bueno
Adama Neves Ronan Ait-Nouri
Costa

Back 3 & double wing backs to attack on the fast paced counter

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As great as Bueno was on Tuesday I do think RAN should come back in if fully fit/well.

Though I do now think that position should be between those 2 left footers , and Jonny can compete with Semedo for the right side.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa, Kilman, Collins, Neves, B.Traore, Adama.

The remaining 5 doesn't matter. Be the same old crap regardless. Sick to death of them.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 30863

I can guarantee these guys would play with more hunger, pride, and desire to wear the shirt. Probably a better team over all as well....

Spencer Bourton, Archie Prescott, Casen Vaughn, Jayden Murphy, Luca Jones, Treyvan Campbell, Ezekiel Welch, Lincoln Riley, Ricco Ritchie, Eddi Coldicott, Jake Bates, Jack Tyler.

Where's Podence?

T

TheConcourse

Sounds like Beale prefers a 433

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno
Traore Neves Nunes
Traore Costa Guedes

T

TheConcourse

No-one who watched Semedo's "tracking back" for Zaha's goal last night could have him anywhere near the team
Was excellent too, but I agree. At fault for both goals. Perhaps a bit rusty too, he hasn’t played too much football recently.

Wouldn’t close the door on him just yet, simply because the alternatives are poor.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
As long as everyone is just out there having fun

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d go 442 like a few others have said.

Back
Top Bottom