Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v Leicester City

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to change to two forwards playing off each other. Our current formation creates absolutely zilch unless adama does something.

I did noticed first half yesterday we did try to move the ball faster and sometimes even down the middle. Second half same old problems though.

We don't have anyone who can play the lone forward role so why persist with it once we have a new manager?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to change to two forwards playing off each other. Our current formation creates absolutely zilch unless adama does something.

I did noticed first half yesterday we did try to move the ball faster and sometimes even down the middle. Second half same old problems though.

We don't have anyone who can play the lone forward role so why persist with it once we have a new manager?
The decision to switch to 4-3-3 with our squad was the most baffling decision Bruno made. We had 3 midfielders at the time of the switch, and a bunch of inside forwards that don't score many. Plus a main striker that's fitness was dubious.
We've bought in 2 midfielders, 2 strikers a new centre back a winger.
Got rid of our captain and a few other squad players. And for what?
Before we get to the issues at striker 5 of these players are not gonna score many goals.

Traore Podence
Moutinho Neves Nunes

Neves is the biggest goalscoring threat of the lot of them and he has been pushed back.

Problem is we now are pretty stuck down that route. No option to bring Coady back(which I'm not sure would be the right thing to do anyway) No option to sign any goalscoring midfielders.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman RAN
Neves Traore Nunes
Guedes Costa Podence

Subs Sarkic Bueno Toti Moutinho Hwang Adama Campbell Hodge Semedo

Adama and Semedo rested but to come on after hour, assumes RAN back (Bueno did well).

geowolf

Reaction score
...........................Sa
Semedo....Collins....Kilman......RAN
........Hodge......Nunes......Neves
.........Adama......Costa.....Podence

That team should get the job done.

Last edited:

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need something radical like this:

Screenshot_20221020-000053~2.png

If that's not possible then...

Screenshot_20221020-000738~2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221020-000738~2.png
    Screenshot_20221020-000738~2.png
    441.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reaction score
.................................Sa
Semedo. . . Collins...Kilman...Bueno
...................Nunes.......Neves
....Adama..........Guedes.........Podence
............................Costa

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO neither palace goal would have happened if we d had 5 at the back , they cut thru Collins and kilman like a knife through butter , so let's stick Neves in the middle of them ..and drop podence

Sa
Semedo Collins. Neves. Kilman bueno

Nunes. mout ( then traore )

Adama RAN

Costa

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO neither palace goal would have happened if we d had 5 at the back , they cut thru Collins and kilman like a knife through butter , so let's stick Neves in the middle of them ..and drop podence

Sa

Adama RAN

Costa
Neves at the back is a big no no for me! Plus we are really struggling for goals that side would struggle to have a single shot at goal imo...

Way to defensive for me sorry!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been awful recently
He hasn't been great, you're right but he's still a pretty solid defender IMO. Definitely a case for Bueno after his performance at Palace, but a left side of Bueno and RAN is a bit too inexperienced for me.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa

Adama RAN

Costa
Wonderful, copying the "tactical genius" (good ****ing riddance) by wasting our best player. That two man midfield would be totally overrun by Leicester too. I do, though, sort of support your comments re 5 at the back.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonderful, copying the "tactical genius" (good ****ing riddance) by wasting our best player. That two man midfield would be totally overrun by Leicester too. I do, though, sort of support your comments re 5 at the back.
I'm NOT copying anyone , it's how I think the game should be played..but I forgot that no one else is allowed an opinion on here apart you Mr slagoffwolves.
A) best player or not, he doesn't venture forward much anyway
B) when defending it's a 4 man midfield, Adama mouthinio Nunes RAN ( with 5 behind them ) ....when attacking it's a 7 man midfield with Neves , Semedo , Bueno all moving forward.
C) our main priority at the moment is to concede 0 , and get at least 1 point out of a game..so it has to be 5 at the back

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves at the back is a big no no for me! Plus we are really struggling for goals that side would struggle to have a single shot at goal imo...

Way to defensive for me sorry!
Costa Adama RAN bueno semedo Nunes would all get forward to shoot

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So many picking that prolific goalscorer Hee Chan, so he must be good for a hat trick or 2!

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure it makes a scrap of difference atm. You can polish a turd and roll it in glitter…

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Boubacar,Adama and Diego Costa still ain´t fully matchfit for 90 minutes of football,then we must find a way to manage this that is better than what we saw after an hours play against Palace.
I would still opt for five at the back against Leicester.
This means Jonny-Semedo-Collins-Kilman-Bueno and Neves-Nunes in midfield.
It should make us stronger defensively and it would provide a natural way of manage that Boubacar Traore isn´t up for 90 minutes yet.
Adama starts for me...hope is that we might be able to squeeze 70 minutes out of him.
Diego won´t last the full match either.I would start with Hwang as the alternative to start with Costa feels less optimal.

I would like us to start the match with five at the back.Depending on the way the match develops,and depending on which of our players gets tired,gets a knock or perform to a subpar standard,we could easily switch back to a back four when introducing players like Boubacar Traore,Jose Moutinho,Rayan Ait Nouri,Chem Campbell,Goncalo Guedes from the bench if we need to second half.
Together with the natural substitution of Hwang for Diego Costa..it gives us firepower benchside.

We score very few goals.This fact will not change for the immediate future which starting eleven or which system we opt to play from first whistle.
If we fall behind,we find it very hard indeed to get on even terms goalwise.
Going five at the back,will enable us to minimize the risk of us getting behind in the scoring.
I think we must go like this,with the added plus that it should enable us to manage not fully matchfit players better than was the case against Palace.We need points on the table more than anything.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Jonny
Traore Nunes Neves Bueno
Costa Hwang

Probably not fair on Bueno to play there but we need to get some crosses in and stretch the pitch out somehow.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Killman RAN
Neves Traore
Traore Podence Hwang
Costa
Maybe Campbell instead of Hwang if he and Costa need to share the central striker duties due to neither being up to a full 90.

I'd quite like to see Costa AND Hwang play through the middle.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno
Boubacar
Nunes Neves Moutinho
Adama Costa

Logic?
One fullback is always pushing forward, Boubacar covers.
Whoever we play as third forward is always useless, so why bother?
Tell Adama to roam, which should confuse him enough to prevent him standing to wait until ball to feet.
Costa's job is to get it to Adama

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno
Boubacar
Nunes Neves Moutinho
Adama Costa

Logic?
One fullback is always pushing forward, Boubacar covers.
Whoever we play as third forward is always useless, so why bother?
Tell Adama to roam, which should confuse him enough to prevent him standing to wait until ball to feet.
Costa's job is to get it to Adama
Good thinking

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Ait-Nouri
Traore, Neves, Nunes
Adama, Costa, Guedes

Subs: Sarkic, Jonny, Bueno, Mosquera, Moutinho, Ronan, Campbell, Podence, Hwang

Reaction score
Sa

Jonny
Collins
Kilman
Bueno

Nunes
Neves

Adama
Podence/ Guedes
Guedes/ Campbell

Costa/ Hwang

Pick 2 out of the 3 (podence, campbell, guedes)

Costa and hwang to share the minutes

Moutinho and traore to come on if we’re winning

Edit: if Davis makes changes like he did on Tuesday he’ll lose whatever support he has from the fans pretty quickly.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ait Nouri and Traore as more traditional left and right mids in a 4-4-2 would make this a possibility. Especially now Bueno has proven he can do a job at left back if needed.

Would also drop Nunes a bit deeper alongside Neves, which probably suits him more and is closer to where he played for Sporting.

Any combination of Costa + Podence or Hwang could work at the moment.

And maybe Costa and Raul when he's fit again.

Sa

Semedo---Collins---Kilman---Bueno

Adama---Neves---Nunes---Ait Nouri

2 Forwards​

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just please, please, please play Matheus Nunes as a central midfielder.

In fairness to Davis, whilst he got the subs wrong, the XI initially, aside from Nunes, was spot on. He knew the physicality of Palace needed Traore and Semedo was the right choice to deal with Zaha over Jonny, with his mistakes nothing to do with that.

But the Nunes thing is baffling because when Hodge and Moutinho came on it seemed like Hodge was deeper and it was a 4-3-3, whereas with Nunes it seems 4-2-3-1 and even then he's really advanced.

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Ait-Nouri
B. Traore, Neves, Nunes
A. Traore, Costa, Hwang

I think Bueno did well but his performance was slightly overegged IMO. For instance he should have done a lot better in stopping Olise cross for the equaliser.

This is a huge game and Maddison plays from an inside right position now, so he will be up against their best player. So, I'd lean towards the slightly more experienced Ait-Nouri but I don't have a problem with Bueno starting and he should be used this season as his debut was positive on the whole.

I wouldn't use Jonny at LB because whilst Maddison is a threat, we also need to make him a weakness. I would expect our left-back to be an out ball quite often, so need them to be able to travel with the ball.

Semedo is considerably better as a one vs one defender than anyone we have, so he simply has to start in my opinion against someone like Harvey Barnes. Yes he was bad in the week but this is an easy decision.

B. Traore did enough to warrant another start and looks good at what he does. Get Nunes back to make it a three and that has plenty of quality I feel.

Thought Podence criticism in the week was excessive but Maddison and Tielemans down the right side of the pitch means we need to be wary, so I would go with Hwang as think he offers more off the ball than Podence.

Back
Top Bottom