Team for the Second leg v Pyunik

Back in the 70s Leeds under Don Revie were 2/3 nil up against a Belgium
Team from the 1st leg, He put out around 8/9 reserves in the home leg and ended up getting beat 4-0 at Elland road.
there was only one sub allowed in those days but it was one big ****-up.
I am not saying that Nuno will make that mistake but we must respect the opposition.
Just saying!

For me 10 changes only Coady remains.

Neto/Jordao available.

So only question is whether Neto is one of 3 midfielders or Jota’s replacement.

If Jota’s replacement then I can see:

Ruddy
Jesus Coady Kilman
Traore Saiss MGW Jordao (or Perry) Vinagre
Neto Cutrone

If not then same team but Adama replaced by Sanderson, Neto by Adama and Jordao (or Perry) by Neto.

Team from the 1st leg, He put out around 8/9 reserves in the home leg and ended up getting beat 4-0 at Elland road.
I am not saying that Nuno will make that mistake but we must respect the opposition.
Just saying!
I remarked on that to someone on here the other day hence why I think he will keep the defence together .

For me 10 changes only Coady remains.

Neto/Jordao available.

So only question is whether Neto is one of 3 midfielders or Jota’s replacement.

If Jota’s replacement then I can see:

Ruddy
Jesus Coady Kilman
Traore Saiss MGW Jordao (or Perry) Vinagre
Neto Cutrone

If not then same team but Adama replaced by Sanderson, Neto by Adama and Jordao (or Perry) by Neto.
Can’t see that many changes

Patricio

Bennett Coady Vallejo

Traore Saiss Jordao Vinagre
MGW
Cutrone Neto
Doherty for Traore and Jimenez for Neto if they need minutes, other than that, big guns on the bench just in case there is a disaster looming

An ideal opportunity to rest some of the first team players. I hope it will be squad players who need minutes under their belt, plus some of the youngsters.

Just saying!
Lierse in 1971. They went bankrupt last year, sadly.

Ruddy, Coady, Boly, Vallejo, Traore, Vinagre, Saiss, Dendoncker, Neves, Jiminez, Cutrone.

Rui Patricio
Bennett Coady Vallejo
Traore Vinagre
Saiss Dendoncker Gibbs-White
Cutrone Neto

Nuno may give Ruddy some minutes in this one. I think he may also rest Boly, Moutinho, Neves, Jota and Raul... especially Raul! Wing backs is anyone’s guess - I often expect Adama and/or Vinagre to start but it rarely seems to happen. If Doc’s knee is ok he may play because of the lack of pre-season for him.

On a personal note I’d love to see what Neto and Jordao have to offer.

I'd quite like to see someone else tried in the Coady role. We don't seem to have any natural backup to him, and I'd rather someone was given a go there in this game than in a key Premier League or Europa tie.

I'd quite like to see someone else tried in the Coady role. We don't seem to have any natural backup to him, and I'd rather someone was given a go there in this game than in a key Premier League or Europa tie.

It's the only position we don't have any backup for whatsoever. Presume it would have to be Saiss or maybe even the Donck?

I thought Kilman was supposed to play there?

I'd be surprised if Ruddy and MGW don't start. Would like to see Sanderson and Vinagre as the wing-backs with the latter given the full 90.

If our squad isn't strong enough to make 5 or 6 changes for this game then we are probably better off getting knocked out anyway.

We have United at home (always a big game) and Torino away (arguably one of the biggest games of the season) within 7 days of this.

If we lose a key player to an injury when the kids would EASILY do the job of not letting in four goals then it’s awful from Nuno.

Apart from Jimenez and Doherty (from the best XI) they’ve all had pre season so rest the others.

We have United at home (always a big game) and Torino away (arguably one of the biggest games of the season) within 7 days of this.

If we lose a key player to an injury when the kids would EASILY do the job of not letting in four goals then it’s awful from Nuno.

Apart from Jimenez and Doherty (from the best XI) they’ve all had pre season so rest the others.

Surely Jimenez deserves a rest most of all.

Looking forward to seeing some of the new lads get a decent amount of game time , should be a different sort of game.

Surely Jimenez deserves a rest most of all.

Going from his performance at Leicester. But it might be that he was off the pace because he still is getting up to speed, in which case he needs more minutes.

Same with Doherty, that will be down to Nuno and the medical team, other than though they should have their feet up.

But it might be that he was off the pace because he still is getting up to speed

He has hardly had any rest all summer. He of all the 1st team players has the most excuse to be tired. I don't think he needs to get up to speed. I think he needs a rest to recharge his batteries.

But I will trust whatever decision Nuno makes. That's not "blind faith", as some on this forum would have it, but simply because Nuno tends to get things right.

While I am of the opinion that we can make some changes to the team that played Sunday, I would still leave at least 6 experienced players, and if by the start of the second half, we are still 4-0 up on aggregate, then there should be more changes in the second period to ensure we are in the next round against Torino. The result is not that important until the aggregate score is in our favour, but we need to avoid surprises.

I’d go

Patricio
Kilman Coady Jesus
Traore Saiss MGW Jordao Vinagre
Neto Cutrone

There’s a majority of good first team players in there, enough attacking talent down the sides and with Cutrone to keep pressure off the new back line, and gives some of the youngsters a chance to stake a claim. With the travelling and busy schedule of preseason it’d do the established 11 no harm to mainly have a decent break from Sunday to Monday from Leicester to United, and also to have reserves in the tank for Torino away shortly after.

In Nuno we trust etc etc etc but I’ll be a bit miffed if Moutinho, Jota, Raul etc start the game.

I would like
Ruddy
Kilman Coady Jesus
Traore Jordao MGW Saiss Vinegre
Neto Cutrone

I think
Patricio
Bennett Coady Jesus
Traore Saiss MGW Neves Vinegre
Jota Cutrone

Would look at the players who will expend the most energy eg our wing backs and forwards and maybe replace them and have them on the bench. So in come Traore and Vinagre plus Cutrone

Then what first teamers have experienced subs like Saiss, MGW. Personally I would rest Moutinho. Then try someone we know is of the level Vallejo.

The bench then should have experienced options and youngsters so dependent upon the score line we can bring on experience or give youth a try.

Only Coady would start for me I’d change the rest.

Ruddy

Jesus Coady Kilman

Traore MGW Saiss Perry Vinagre

Neto Cutrone

And that this was 50 years ago and you remember it, surely says something about how likely it is?

After seeing what happened to Celtic and Porto last night I'm not expecting that many changes

Doherty hasn't had a pre-season so I'd probably play him to get more minutes under his belt, I'd like to see Vallejo and Cutrone start and to get a glimpse of Jordao and Neto at some point

I would want to see
Ruddy
benett Coady Jesus
Traore Jordao donck Saiss Vinagre
Neto Cutrone

I think
Patricio
Bennett Coady Jesus
Traore Saiss donck moutinho jonny
Jota Cutrone

We’re playing some random team where we’re 4-0 up, why are people worrying. He should be making 6-7 changes & resting players, whether he does or not is a different matter.

If he can’t trust the fringe players in a game like this then he’s got his squad all wrong.

If we get to the group stages we really will have to use all of our squad so I will be disappointed if he isn’t prepared to use the whole squad now when we are 4-0 up. The only exception should be players that actually need games to get up to speed.

We’re playing some random team where we’re 4-0 up, why are people worrying. He should be making 6-7 changes & resting players, whether he does or not is a different matter.

If he can’t trust the fringe players in a game like this then he’s got his squad all wrong.

Absolutely. If you’d posted a moment earlier I wouldn’t have needed to make my post!

It's the only position we don't have any backup for whatsoever. Presume it would have to be Saiss or maybe even the Donck?

The kid from PSG (Nya or somet) plays the Coady role. How good or ready he is i have no idea, he was signed for u23.

The kid from PSG (Nya or somet) plays the Coady role. How good or ready he is i have no idea, he was signed for u23.

Played well on Monday for the u23's. Very good on the ball.

Back
Top Bottom