Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Southampton

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t want to see Adama on the right personally. It was a breath of fresh air seeing him cut inside making runs from the left in the first couple games. Whilst somewhat effective on the right I dont want us to revert to the pass it to Traore and watch him get to the byline and cross routine we’ve been accustom to over the last year or so.
It amazes me how infrequently we see Adama actually dribbling at speed into the penalty area. That's what we need him to do more often. Reckon he'd get more shots off or win penalties. Ah ****. That's where my tactic is flawed. His shots would go into row ZZ and the pens, well need I say more!?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It amazes me how infrequently we see Adama actually dribbling at speed into the penalty area. That's what we need him to do more often. Reckon he'd get more shots off or win penalties. Ah ****. That's where my tactic is flawed. His shots would go into row ZZ and the pens, well need I say more!?

Just tell him to dribble it around in the box until someone fouls him. Or run it directly into the goal.

Gazaza1973

Groupie
Reaction score
After some bright performances tonight, I’d go with…..

Sa

Boly—Coady—Kilman

Semedo—Donk—Moutinho—Ait Nouri

Adama————Podence
Raul​
That would be the team i'd pick apart from putting Saiss into CM for Moutinho

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually baffles me how Coady still makes a lot of the teams above. Weak for the first Spurs goal and clueless on their second. Likeable person but he holds us back so much.

Sa
Semedo. boly. Killman. Marcal
Neves moutinho
Trincao. Hwang. Podence
Raul

Adama off the bench for last 30
I totally agree about coady, but it also baffles me how so many are picking neves and Moutinho as a midfield two. Any athletic midfield totally overruns them, especially when they have three in. We have seen it repeatedly over the seasons. I think no choice but to play a three in there!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I totally agree about coady, but it also baffles me how so many are picking neves and Moutinho as a midfield two. Any athletic midfield totally overruns them, especially when they have three in. We have seen it repeatedly over the seasons. I think no choice but to play a three in there!
A midfield two doesn’t have to be a problem if the rest of the team support them, it’s not as though it’s just two players taking responsibility for a third of the pitch... centre backs can push up closer, wide forwards drop back a bit etc.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A midfield two doesn’t have to be a problem if the rest of the team support them, it’s not as though it’s just two players taking responsibility for a third of the pitch... centre backs can push up closer, wide forwards drop back a bit etc.
Unbelievable that we only have 3 midfielders, all of basically the same type, and one who is 35 and struggles to keep up with the pace of the game. Yet again poor work by the Wolves.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, whilst what you say is true, Southampton don’t play with a midfield 3 and aren’t overly athletic in the middle. That’s not to say they haven’t got a decent CM just that they don’t typically play in a way that usually causes our midfield problems.

So this is a game where I could understand Neves and Moutinho as a 2, albeit I’d play Dendoncker as he did well Wednesday.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
If fit as we never get any injury updates really.

SA
Semedo Kilman Boly RAN
Neves Dendoncker
Podence
Traore Hwang
Raul

Raul for Hwang and bring in Trincao would be my only possible switch .

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Boly Coady Kilman
Semedo Neves Donk Marcal
Podence/Hwang Raul Adama

geowolf

Reaction score
.....................Sa
.......Boly....Coady....Kilman
Hoever.....Neves....Donk....Semedo
......Adama.......Raul........Pod

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Hoever
Boly
Don't mind they're all the same
Semedo

Neves
Dendoncker
Moutinho

Adama
Raul
Podence

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like we're sticking with the 5 at the back for now then.

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Boly
Semedo - Neves - Donck - Marcal
Adama
Hwang - Raul
Just let Adama roam, pick the ball up from the midfield lads and cause havoc.

geowolf

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if Marcal is anywhere near the squad after last week.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like we're sticking with the 5 at the back for now then.

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Boly
Semedo - Neves - Donck - Marcal
Adama
Hwang - Raul
Just let Adama roam, pick the ball up from the midfield lads and cause havoc.
I like that

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Podence has to start on Sunday along with Donck and Hwang?
Seems we’re sticking with a back 5 for now from Lage’s comments so on that basis who would they come in for?

I’d hope Dendoncker and Podence start, Hwang has done okay so far but Traore will start so that leaves Raul.

We need goals and from what I’ve seen of them all (given some have a small sample size of games for us) I’d say Raul (when on form), Podence and Hwang look our best finishers. Playing a back 3 means to play all of them Traore has to drop to the bench.

Unless Traore plays wingback but we’ve been down that road before and every time I convince myself it makes perfect sense yet it never really works.

Perhaps it might with Lage’s philosophy wanting to play higher with the wingbacks more attacking. You know what, we should try Traore at wingback… Great, now I’m doing it again!

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
We can’t go to 4 at the back as we don’t have the defensive quality and we don’t have enough adult midfielders in the squad.

Sa

Kilman Coady Boly

Hoever Donk Neves Ait-Nouri

Trincao Raul Podence

Thought Hoever was excellent in the second half and offers much more than Semedo going forward, even if it isn’t a lot.
As RAN is unable to play I would pick Semedo at LWB and keep Hoever at RWB.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I think this is doable

Sa
Semedo Boly Kilman Ran
Mouts Donk Neves
<------Pod Traore----->
Hwang

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Marcal and Podence will play with Semedo at RWB
Would like to see Donk in but doubt it will happen

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I saw the press conference and Bruno has said with the defenders we have then we are strongest with 5 at the back so unless he’s playing 3D chess with the opponent then we will not be moving from 5 at the back until we buy a decent centre half or two.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we play 3 at the back I'd rather see Hoever rwb and then Semedo at lwb, doesn't seem much point playing Marcal at lwb, he just isn't up to it

Back
Top Bottom