Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Southampton

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I don’t want to see Adama on the right personally. It was a breath of fresh air seeing him cut inside making runs from the left in the first couple games. Whilst somewhat effective on the right I dont want us to revert to the pass it to Traore and watch him get to the byline and cross routine we’ve been accustom to over the last year or so.
Spot on. With him on the right he hugs the touch line and whips a cross in (1 in 3) been accurate to a lone striker which has resulted in 0 goals for us.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donk starts. He scored and assisted so he keeps his place.
Hee-chan starts. Nicking the ball high up the park for podences goal was great.

Sa
Boly Coady Kilman
Hoever Neves Donk Ait-Nouri
Podence Hee-Chan Traore

Raul can come on with 30 minutes to go.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to shake it up.

-----------------------Sa-----------------------
-Semedo-----Boly----------Kilman-----Marcal-
-------------Neves (c)---------Dendoncker----------
-Trincao-----------Podence------------Traore---
------------------Jimenez------------------------

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
That would be my team. Only seen Saiss in the Coady position once, but thought he moved the ball better and quicker than Coady.

Both Raul and Trincao were completely ineffectual vs Brentford. Fail to see how either of them start.

And if we only learned one thing last night, it's that free kicks and corners are better without Moutinho
Yeah I believe Saiss is the better passer out the two and can also offer us more of a goal threat from corners etc. The only worry would be giving away cheap free kicks in dangerous positions, but overall think he would be fine in that position and would let Ruben take over captain duties.

Moutinho taking a short corner after we scored from a routine one in the first half was so frustrating!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
-Semedo-----Boly----------Kilman-----Ait-Nouri-
-Trincao-----------Moutinho------------Traore---

* If Ait-Nouri isn't available after his injury then has to be Marcal.
Think that l'd move Trincao infield and play Pod wide personally. Can't see Lage not starting Mouts though

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really don’t think we’ll start games with a back 4 until we’ve bought a new centre back.
If that was going to happen it would surely have happened in the cup games.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really don’t think we’ll start games with a back 4 until we’ve bought a new centre back.
Agree with this. I don't think we should start with a 4 yet simply because we need another midfielder and another centre back to actually be effective with the formation.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would go 4 at the back. We look hopeless with 3 centre backs in the last two games so we may as well have more attacking threat on the pitch. Pair Kilman and Boly with Semedo and I would play Marcal for solidity in a back 4.

Neves and Donck as the two in central midfield. Podence as no10 with Hwang, Raul and Adama in attack.

T

TheConcourse

Changed my mind.

Sa
Semedo Boly Kilman RAN
Donk Neves
Adama Trincao Podence
Raul

Pressure on Donk to get up and down the pitch, plenty of pace at the back to recover.

Pace at the back should allow us to play much higher up the pitch and recover.

Go for it, Bruno. Be bold or fade into mediocrity. Something has to change.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Assuming RAN is unavailable makes it the time to go 4 at the back for me.

..................................Sa
Semedo......Boly..........Kilman........Marcal
.................Donk........................Neves
......Trincao.............Hwang.............Podence
.................................Raul

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the goals conceded are anything to go by we don't play with a back 5 anyway.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We also need the right sort of full backs.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Coady and Adama together. Rather play neither personally

Sa
Semedo Boly Kilman RAN
Neves Donk
Trincao Hwang Podence
Raul

Or if we has to play Coady

Sa
Boly Coady Kilman
Semedo Donk Neves Moutinho RAN
Hwang Raul

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence absolutely deserves his start - in my opinion replacing Trincao.

This is controversial but I think Hwang has probably shown more in his cameo appearances than what Raul has - so I think he deserves a start up top but I cannot see this happening.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Agree with this. I don't think we should start with a 4 yet simply because we need another midfielder and another centre back to actually be effective with the formation.
Long term probably, but short term I think we can see with what we have with a Kilman/Boly CB pair and Donk can play next to Neves and we can either do 442 or 4231 with Podence as the 10

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence absolutely deserves his start - in my opinion replacing Trincao.

This is controversial but I think Hwang has probably shown more in his cameo appearances than what Raul has - so I think he deserves a start up top but I cannot see this happening.

Hwang to me looks like he needs to play in a two. Podence looks the brightest attacker. Trincao I'd want to see in a smarter and more fluid attack.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Long term probably, but short term I think we can see with what we have with a Kilman/Boly CB pair and Donk can play next to Neves and we can either do 442 or 4231 with Podence as the 10

I agree with this but Hwang as the 10/9 as he can change depending on what is happening in the game, same way Joao Felix did for Bruno at Benfica.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
I agree with this but Hwang as the 10/9 as he can change depending on what is happening in the game, same way Joao Felix did for Bruno at Benfica.

I was thinking for 4231 Hwang can play on the left. Then you're right, depending on how the game goes he could potentially move into the 9 or we go 352/442 and he can play up top next to Raul

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly i want to see us play with a back four, but i have doubts about Kilman and Boly, if its a back three then its Kilman on the left and Boly on the right, Coady is our weakest defender but we dont really have a replacement. The other important move i would like to see is Rayan be considered as a forward Thats where i think his long term future will be, he has the natural instincts to beat a man and can deliver a cross probably better than any of Traore, Trincao and even Neto he also likes to have a dip at goal when he gets in the box, it would also solve our problem with corners as proven last night so RAN to start if fit even if it means he replaces Trincao or Traore, Midfield i havent a clue as to what we can do here given our very limited options any 2 from 3, up front i think Podence deserves a start which leaves 2 from the 4 of Raul, Adama, Hwang, Trincao, Im inclined to go with Raul because the only way he is going to get up to speed is with game time.

I firmly believe Bruno has been badly let down by our penny pinching attitude from above, and it all stems from splashing the cash on players that were not worth what we paid for them ie Cutrone, Semedo, Silva thats the best part of 100 million there and for very little improvement in the team if any.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be brave Bruno and go with a back 4 of Semedo, Boly, Kilman and Marcal. RAN would be unlucky but with a back 4 Marcal would be more solid.

Lets get more attacking players on the pitch and really take the game to Southampton. Play a no10 in Podence and lets offer Raul more support up top.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be brave Bruno and go with a back 4 of Semedo, Boly, Kilman and Marcal. RAN would be unlucky but with a back 4 Marcal would be more solid.

Lets get more attacking players on the pitch and really take the game to Southampton. Play a no10 in Podence and lets offer Raul more support up top.
We really need to get out of the losing habit and fast. Hard luck stories win you nothing. Against that context l'm really not sure that high risk is the way to go. Another defeat, and against a team expected to struggle, would be little short of disastrous.

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Time to shake it up.

That's the team I'd play.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really need to get out of the losing habit and fast. Hard luck stories win you nothing. Against that context l'm really not sure that high risk is the way to go. Another defeat, and against a team expected to struggle, would be little short of disastrous.

I dont think we will win playing 5 at the back, at Southampton. Our wing backs arent contributing enough and we have little or no threat through the middle.

My hope would be playing a no10 would make us more fluent and better through the middle and offer Raul more support up there.

I also think a pairing of Boly and Kilman could be good.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruddy
Hoever Kilman Boly
Traore Dendoncker Neves Ait-Nouri
Hwang Raul Podence

Let’s go full throttle!!

Sa & Coady deserve to be dropped for poor defending and giving away pens
Sa was a little rash but Alli jumped into him and VAR should have overruled the on-field decision. Three games later you are still bothered by it to the extent you want to replace him with a bloke who nearly made the howler of the season last night. Talk about holding a grudge!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa was a little rash but Alli jumped into him and VAR should have overruled the on-field decision. Three games later you are still bothered by it to the extent you want to replace him with a bloke who nearly made the howler of the season last night. Talk about holding a grudge!
Sa is an ok keeper just makes Patricio look even better than we thought

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think we will win playing 5 at the back, at Southampton. Our wing backs arent contributing enough and we have little or no threat through the middle.

My hope would be playing a no10 would make us more fluent and better through the middle and offer Raul more support up there.

I also think a pairing of Boly and Kilman could be good.
My concern with Boly and kilman is the lack of leadership they possess. Both strike me as someone who needs a voice next to them

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to shake it up.

Agree it’s topi me to shake it up but I wasn’t too convinced by the performance of any of the second string last night, that said I would go with (& normally I am happy with 3 at the back!)

4-3-1-2
Sa
Semedo, Boly, Kilman, Marcal
Moutinho Donk Neves
Podence
Hwang Traore

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far too early to make that judgemen but it is already clear that his distribution is streets ahead.
That kind of goes without saying. Rui better talker and shot stopper didn’t give away ridiculous penalties

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was hugely critical of Donk last season, there were matches where he simply didn't have the heart, but he just scored an excellent goal and then provided an assist. When a player contributes like that, at a time when we're struggling for goals, they deserve a place in the team for the next game. Podence too, if fit. If Ait-Nouri is recovered, then him too, without question.

I'd go for Sa - Semedo, Boly, Kilman, Ait-Nouri - Dendoncker, Moutinho, Neves - Traore, Podence - Jimenez. And I'd like Traore and Pod deeper and tucked in behind Raul rather than pushed out wide, as I think both are more effective when running from more central instead of wriggling on the line and looping in crosses.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo Kilman Boly Ait Nouri

Dendoncker Neves

Trincao Podence Traore

Jimenez

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
------------Ruddy----------------

Semedo—Boly—Kilman—Ait Nouri (Marcal if RAN not fit)

------Neves—Donk------

--------Podence----------

--Hwang---Raul---Adama------

Last edited:

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was hugely critical of Donk last season, there were matches where he simply didn't have the heart, but he just scored an excellent goal and then provided an assist. When a player contributes like that, at a time when we're struggling for goals, they deserve a place in the team for the next game. Podence too, if fit. If Ait-Nouri is recovered, then him too, without question.

I'd go for Sa - Semedo, Boly, Kilman, Ait-Nouri - Dendoncker, Moutinho, Neves - Traore, Podence - Jimenez. And I'd like Traore and Pod deeper and tucked in behind Raul rather than pushed out wide, as I think both are more effective when running from more central instead of wriggling on the line and looping in crosses.
I've been hyper-critical of Donk but you have to play him, based on last night. Same goes for Podence, who last season was also getting criticised for lazy/weak performances. They both have goals in them, which, in the PL, is a scarce commodity for the old gold.

Back
Top Bottom