Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Support tonight !!

R

reanswolf

The atmosphere was a bit flat last night but those ********s singing 'top of the league and you still dont sing' can **** right off.

Part of the reason why the atmosphere has been poor for long periods over the past few seasons has been because of their awful song choice. Clearly nobody else is interested in droning that god awful 'Wolverhampton Wandereeeeers' chant for 20 minutes straight so change it up and people might join in. They started a 'Wolves ay we' at one point, first time Ive heard it at Molineux for a while and most of the South Bank joined in, then they went straight back to one of their own ****ey chants, (something about loving to get into a scrap. Pwopa naughty) and surprise surprise nobody is interested again.
I do agree with this, I appreciate what the core lads are trying to do, but song choice can be **** - I agree "Wolverhampton Wanderers" is ****e.
Just bin it.

W

wolvesultra

We need a good "we are wolves" to be belted out. Hearing it less and less, home and away.
Yeah I've noticed that and totally agree love most the trendy new songs but nothing better than a powerful loud as **** We Are Wolves

R

reanswolf

Things will be so much better when we finally deal with the mess created in the 80's with the new stand - compared to other grounds there are acres of space between pitch and side stands.
Totally agree, this is why I'm a bit disappointed to read that expanding the South Bank will come first, when that might be good, the "real" atmosphere issue is that the Steve Bull is so far from the pitch.

R

reanswolf

Atmosphere, singing and backing the team can be three completely different things.
This season the South Bank has slightly changed from backing the team to singing/creating atmosphere and they have lost some of their great timing from the past. Nothing wrong in trying to change and trying to sing new songs, but all changes have not been improvements. Some of the changes actually kills the overall atmosphere instead of improving it. Singing "Nuno had a dream" can be great as a celebration song but when the team needs backing it is not the right time to sing it. Same thing with the forever "Wolverhampton Wanderers" song.
When the team needs a 12th player the right way to back to team is chants like "Come on Wanderers" where other stands easily can join in. Molineux (and the team) needs more getting behind the team chants and less sing-a-long-songs. Not the other way around, like too often this season. Sorry for offending some of you - nothing personal.
Good post. I agree with the bulk of what you say.
But I thought there were plenty of "C'mon Wanderers" last night from the South Bank - perhaps half a dozen times.

R

reanswolf

People can go on about the wind etc or the fact that its not been great all season anyway (both valid points when talking about the general decline in atmosphere) but the annoying thing for me specifically last night was it was actually really loud at 1-0 but then never got to the same level as that again all night (even when the team really needed it). I'd say it got to about 50% of that later on in the game even when we were chasing the winner it was only about 75% of what it had been earlier in the night.
Agree, and whilst I am one of those who thinks the fans should play their part to inspire the team, the fans were generally frustrated but patient by the slow nature of the game for the large part of both halves.
I've had it shoved back down my throat several times recently by people telling me fans cannot influence games.
Of course I disagreed :)-

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WE have been spoilt this year by our fantastic run of results and the crowd expect us to win most if not all games, so sit back and wait for the goals. The extra 10k we are attracting are coming to watch the good football they have heard about and seen on tv. The way we play, particularly in the second half of the season , is not conducive to raising the atmosphere unless we are battering teams, which hasn’t happened much recently. We don’t tend to create lots of chances - we control games , keep possession and play a killer ball. When we went 1-2 down and raised the tempo last night, the crowd responded. And there is still an element of nerves, rightly or wrongly.

R

reanswolf

Partly agree. Especially about nuno had a dream.

But 10 minutes constant of barmy army, or Wolverhampton wanderers can get the place rocking and bring momentum.

When this has happened people have enjoyed it and said how good atmosphere was. People are reluctant to sing for long periods tho unless we are well on top in a match .

The fact is , we are on the verge of promotion and the atmosphere should be great. Instead it was silent .
To be fair it wasn't always great those last matches at home under McCarthy.
Not until we got there.

R

reanswolf

We have also always had a sing when we are winning mentality sorry got shot down last time I meantioned this but last night shows it’s true. We should be like Portsmouth sing continuously but that is why they are unique I guess not every club is capable of singing all game
Easier with a tight knit atmospheric ground. It just reverberates.

L

Lycan

I tend to agree with you and singing "top of the league and you still don't sing" is not on. You must sit near them as nobody else could hear that I assure you and those in S1 aren't always the only area who start songs like they seem to think they are (I've noticed this moving around the ground this season just as many songs originate from S3/S4 area and those tend to be proper more old school Wolves songs that people will join in with).

BUT having said that I'm sure the S1 lads would say if you don't like their song choice feel free to sing something else? No point moaning about it drown them out with other songs.

I do sing other things. Doesnt seem to make much of a difference to them though. There was a point last night when they were singing 'singing songs on our own' (yet another dreadful, monotonous chant), the take us to the premier chant started up in S3/4, the whole of the South Bank were up singing along and they just kept droning on with their own ****e.

W

wolvesultra

I do sing other things. Doesnt seem to make much of a difference to them though. There was a point last night when they were singing 'singing songs on our own' (yet another dreadful, monotonous chant), the take us to the premier chant started up in S3/4, the whole of the South Bank were up singing along and they just kept droning on with their own ****e.
Fair play, yes I've been up there and witnessed similar myself just keep drowning them out obviously some have a chip on their shoulder and proclaim to want to better the atmosphere but only if its on their terms.

D

Deleted member 4023

That sayings always interested me. Do witches all have flat tits?

the other one to go with that would be 'as cold as a witches tit' - (apologies to Jadewolf for us lowering the tone of this thread) :D

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have also always had a sing when we are winning mentality sorry got shot down last time I meantioned this but last night shows it’s true. We should be like Portsmouth sing continuously but that is why they are unique I guess not every club is capable of singing all game
It helps when your stands are right up against the pitch, nice tight stadium close to the pitch helps with atmosphere. One of the reasons we need to knock the Bully down and reposition it so it's up close to the pitch, love to know the thinking of the stadium designers back in the 80s as to way the stands curve like that, I assume it was better views for everyone, did no one think of the atmosphere! Would love a steepish side stand almost over the pitch, like at the Mestella:

gettyimages-454354582.jpg

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They tried to move from the Mestella but ran out of money! Idiots.

Think the plan with the curved side stands at Molineux was partly because of the site, the corner with the Waterloo Road is tight...and obviously the ends of the stands have got a good view.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a spell in the 1st half most of the ground were signing together but when we conceded it went quiet. South bank is where you look for noise to pick the team up but they didn't do it last night.. heard a bit more when it was 2-2 but all a little too late....

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact is , wolves fans aren’t very good and only sing when we are scoring or playing very well, or getting a result in a big game (derby match, etc) . I don’t think anyone can disagree with that.

Outside of those periods the place is silent generally. Lots make excuses , but it is just rubbish.

3 games before promotion and we can’t generate an atmosphere because

- the team aren’t playing well despite being well clear at the top of the league
- they don’t like certain songs despite nearly every song getting sung
- the wind (FFS)
- so obsessed with villa they can’t get behind the wolves team

Simply, ****e

R

reanswolf

Any difference to anywhere else though?
I guess it is a reflection of the modern day football fan.

D

Deleted member 4594

Been to 100s of run of the mill games over the last 30 years at grounds all over the country and very rarely have I heard an atmosphere to put us to shame in all that time.
This idea that midweek games against hum drum opposition used to have a rocking, passionate atmosphere 10/20/30 years ago is a total myth. I thought the south bank responded well to going 2-1 down last night so I don’t buy that we only sing when we’re winning either.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Been to 100s of run of the mill games over the last 30 years at grounds all over the country and very rarely have I heard an atmosphere to put us to shame in all that time.
This idea that midweek games against hum drum opposition used to have a rocking, passionate atmosphere 10/20/30 years ago is a total myth. I thought the south bank responded well to going 2-1 down last night so I don’t buy that we only sing when we’re winning either.
This for me too....I also loved hearing the North bank have a go a couple of times!!

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
The guys next to me at the last game I went to were more concerned with cashing out on their accumulator and getting the drinks in 10 minutes before the half (we scored in the 40+ minute).

Disclaimer; I sing and clap along when I can, but I do have times of silence because I do attend on my own.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Just run into a mate of mine (a non-footie fan) who lives down by the canal in Oxley - his first comments were "Must have been a good match last night 'cos bl**dy hell yow wor half loud"

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the issue is with the 'Nuno had a dream' chant - when we are away and its belted out it certainly gets me fired up. Agreed it is never the same at home games, but its certainly not a bad song. We'll be singing it in Cardiff thats for sure

The problem is some people who don't sing think its bad for the atmosphere

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least the last 3 home games are against opposition that will more than likely bring a few , that will wake us up hopefully ...

W

wolvesultra

At least the last 3 home games are against opposition that will more than likely bring a few , that will wake us up hopefully ...
And all in the Bully lower so should help too.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
run into a mate of mine (a non-footie fan) who lives down by the canal in Oxley - his first comments were "Must have been a good match last night 'cos bl**dy hell yow wor half loud"[/QUOTE]

It was the wind cookey.:rolleyes:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is this criticism aimed at ?

How can almost 30,000 individuals be blamed for all doing the same thing !
They are not 30,000 completely different fans from those that have ,on many occasions, been brilliant.
The 10,0000 that went to Milton Keynes ,or the fans that sang as we got thrashed by Southampton 6-0 .
The same people are in among that crowd . The 17,000 hard core and more .
It's just the way it is .
I am sure that if the players had shown more desire on the pitch or played better the atmosphere would have improved.
It was almost a dead rubber and played like one.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only Wolves fans can moan with each other over noise.

All of a sudden we think we are a club of passionate, loud and loyal fans.

30 years I’ve been coming and I can count on 1 hand the games where the place has been bouncing.

In my humble opinion we should all just get on with enjoining the football and supporting the team in whatever manner we so choose too.
Compared with most English sets of fans we're pretty good imo, in the top half of the Premier as far as noise and passion goes. In terms of loyalty, we're much the same as any other club - there are some like Pompey and Newcastle who buck the trend but usually if a team are doing well people turn up, if not they turn up less frequently.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the issue is with the 'Nuno had a dream' chant - when we are away and its belted out it certainly gets me fired up. Agreed it is never the same at home games, but its certainly not a bad song. We'll be singing it in Cardiff thats for sure
My issue with it is just that once again we've borrowed a song from another club and, more importantly, it's become the anthem of the bloody season. Still better than the godawful Cavaleiro and Crystal Palace song though.

Given how well the boys are playing, this might be one of the few times in my era when Glory glory Wolverhampton and We're by far the greatest team might be appropriate.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lost my voice after last night, and I'm in the back of the Bully Upper. We sing virtually every time the south bank sings and join in, just loudest giving it "the steve bull" which gets the other stands going. In a way its good spreading out the singers.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
run into a mate of mine (a non-footie fan) who lives down by the canal in Oxley - his first comments were "Must have been a good match last night 'cos bl**dy hell yow wor half loud"

It was the wind cookey.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Must have been '72 - or Gaz's whiskey consumption :eek:

CVWolves

Reaction score
Lost my voice after last night, and I'm in the back of the Bully Upper. We sing virtually every time the south bank sings and join in, just loudest giving it "the steve bull" which gets the other stands going. In a way its good spreading out the singers.

Where abouts do you sit? Like which block

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned but was proud of the excellent reception for Nouha when he was subbed and nice to see his appreciation then and in coming out at the end of the game too, top guy well loved.
That was a lovely moment indeed. Every stand gave him a rousing send off.

One thing you can say among all this needless infighting is we never forget anybody who gave their all in a Wolves shirt.

R

reanswolf

That was a lovely moment indeed. Every stand gave him a rousing send off.

One thing you can say among all this needless infighting is we never forget anybody who gave their all in a Wolves shirt.
It was a wonderful moment with 29000 Wolves fans clapping madly, including the 5000 new fans who some people think never even saw him :)-

M

Mr Wolf

I just think the repertoire has gone down hill, I only seem to hear 3 songs. I’m not sure what’s has happened to all the others.

Back
Top Bottom