Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Support tonight !!

S

Shifnal Wolf

Only Wolves fans can moan with each other over noise.

All of a sudden we think we are a club of passionate, loud and loyal fans.

30 years I’ve been coming and I can count on 1 hand the games where the place has been bouncing.

In my humble opinion we should all just get on with enjoining the football and supporting the team in whatever manner we so choose too.

R

reanswolf

I didn't think it was too bad, considering we really didn't play well. In fact 2-2 flattered us really.
Wolves do play this patient pass it back, pass it across game which really isn't conducive to continuous passionate support. And we only had just 2-3 shots on target all game.
I am often the first to complain about complacency in the crowd, and yes a few South Bankers were indeed singing "top of the league and we still don't sing", but overall I thought the atmosphere was passionate in the South Bank, with some good chants.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which hasn’t sung in decades, same as north bank.
South bank was good tonight.
It wasn’t mate. Nowhere was.
I heard the North Bank chant loud and clear on two occasions, must say I was pleased to hear them

It was a bit flat tonight but to be honest so was the football

Onto the next
felt NB was quiet too.

It struck me as a game where we just expected to turn up and win.
Only when we equalised did the noise turn up. Need more from all stands, not getting into a stand by stand debate yet again.

W

wolvesultra

****in atrocious !!! Could here a pin drop until we equalised at 2-2 !! Tonight’s atmosphere was like we were midtable with nothing to play for not a side sitting pretty at the top 9 points off promotion !!
Also don’t want to hear any ******** about away fans being up in the gods , tonight was a night when we shouldn’t have needed anything to bounce off ...
I’m not one of these that thinks it’s better when 17k are in the ground but **** me come on it must have felt like a training ground atmosphere to the players for most part of the game ...
I thought when we were up early it was great and for the late push picked up but when the players really needed it agree it was awful.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm surprised Stu, but its weird, maybe its the way the wind blows in Molineux's wide open spaces.
Some of the songs, to me, genuinely sounded as loud as they have been all season. Bar the Villa game.
It may help if I stood in there one game and vise versa. The noise doesn’t travel at all it seems

R

reanswolf

It may help if I stood in there one game and vise versa. The noise doesn’t travel at all it seems
This is why I'm such a stickler for getting the ground hemmed in structurally, ok its not original but it makes it more like a pressure cooker and it helps others stands join in.
I admit that for the middle part of the game it was fairly quiet and nervy. Though fairly patient thankfully.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must have been at a different game to some because that atmosphere was pretty good to me, even when we went down 2-1.

Odd few whingers behind me but they're part of the Molineux furniture.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t rxpect an atmosphere when the play isn’t exciting. The players looked like they expected to turn up and win. The fans turned up to be entertained. After first 20 minutes there was very little to get excited about.
There’s everything to get excited about!! We are on the verge of promotion ffs ... it was as flat as a witches tit last night ...

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****in atrocious !!! Could here a pin drop until we equalised at 2-2 !! Tonight’s atmosphere was like we were midtable with nothing to play for not a side sitting pretty at the top 9 points off promotion !!
Also don’t want to hear any ******** about away fans being up in the gods , tonight was a night when we shouldn’t have needed anything to bounce off ...
I’m not one of these that thinks it’s better when 17k are in the ground but **** me come on it must have felt like a training ground atmosphere to the players for most part of the game ...
The supporters (and the team) thought just turning up would gaurantee 3 points. This is not over yet and we are not up yet but collectively we are guilty of massive complacency

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
One of those games when we never really had anything to sing about, team was flat, crowd was flat.

Away end was bouncing on Friday though at Middlesbrough and I bet it will be again on Friday in Cardiff. We can get ourselves going for the big games.

D

Deleted member 4594

Yes I am. Does this matter? I can clearly hear the south bank on a good day and have commented so on several occasions this season.
Last night wasn’t one of those for any stand.
My point is mate that, as Reans has said, I’m honestly surprised you couldn’t hear much last night. Honestly thought it wasn’t bad. Even did a song for the ball boy!

L

Lycan

The atmosphere was a bit flat last night but those ********s singing 'top of the league and you still dont sing' can **** right off.

Part of the reason why the atmosphere has been poor for long periods over the past few seasons has been because of their awful song choice. Clearly nobody else is interested in droning that god awful 'Wolverhampton Wandereeeeers' chant for 20 minutes straight so change it up and people might join in. They started a 'Wolves ay we' at one point, first time Ive heard it at Molineux for a while and most of the South Bank joined in, then they went straight back to one of their own ****ey chants, (something about loving to get into a scrap. Pwopa naughty) and surprise surprise nobody is interested again.

D

Deleted member 4257

Blame the fans blame the fans blame the fans

Northbank, Billy Wright stand, Steve Bull Stand? Feel free to make the noise when Southbanks quiet....

D

Deleted member 4023

It was a party that went flat because the visitors didn't stick to the script. They had the audacity to take over the dance floor & many of our partygoers didn't like that. Many of them turned up expecting Wolves to wallop the whipping boys from the east coast - it was always going to be a difficult task after the Boro game - especially without the wizardry of Ruben & the energy of Doc.
As much as I admire Nuno had a dream, it doesn't really inspire the team on the pitch - If anything the Nuno chant galvanizes the opposition - lets shove that chant back down their throats.
My earliest memories of Molineux were listening to Come on you Wolves - it was loud & intimidating - like the fans trying to suck the ball into the goal - it always lifted the players & left away fans in awe of coming to Molineux.
Lets get back to basics & get behind the team, who need us more than ever.

W

wolvesultra

People can go on about the wind etc or the fact that its not been great all season anyway (both valid points when talking about the general decline in atmosphere) but the annoying thing for me specifically last night was it was actually really loud at 1-0 but then never got to the same level as that again all night (even when the team really needed it). I'd say it got to about 50% of that later on in the game even when we were chasing the winner it was only about 75% of what it had been earlier in the night.

D

Deleted member 4023

People can go on about the wind etc or the fact that its not been great all season anyway (both valid points when talking about the general decline in atmosphere) but the annoying thing for me specifically last night was it was actually really loud at 1-0 but then never got to the same level as that again all night (even when the team really needed it). I'd say it got to about 50% of that later on in the game even when we were chasing the winner it was only about 75% of what it had been earlier in the night.

TBF, Wind tends to stop me from singing - which is why I never have beans before a game.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A draw was the right result in my opinion. Hull's time wasting didn't allow the game to run freel which led to frustration on the terraces.
Looking forward to Cardiff on Friday when I expect that passion to return helped by the return of Ruben and the Doc.

W

wolvesultra

The atmosphere was a bit flat last night but those ********s singing 'top of the league and you still dont sing' can **** right off.

Part of the reason why the atmosphere has been poor for long periods over the past few seasons has been because of their awful song choice. Clearly nobody else is interested in droning that god awful 'Wolverhampton Wandereeeeers' chant for 20 minutes straight so change it up and people might join in. They started a 'Wolves ay we' at one point, first time Ive heard it at Molineux for a while and most of the South Bank joined in, then they went straight back to one of their own ****ey chants, (something about loving to get into a scrap. Pwopa naughty) and surprise surprise nobody is interested again.
I tend to agree with you and singing "top of the league and you still don't sing" is not on. You must sit near them as nobody else could hear that I assure you and those in S1 aren't always the only area who start songs like they seem to think they are (I've noticed this moving around the ground this season just as many songs originate from S3/S4 area and those tend to be proper more old school Wolves songs that people will join in with).

BUT having said that I'm sure the S1 lads would say if you don't like their song choice feel free to sing something else? No point moaning about it drown them out with other songs.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can blame the Stands or 'Nuno had a dream' but in reality all that happened is we got too comfortable once we went 1-0 up and everyone started nattering about their weekends.

B

Benson

Atmosphere, singing and backing the team can be three completely different things.
This season the South Bank has slightly changed from backing the team to singing/creating atmosphere and they have lost some of their great timing from the past. Nothing wrong in trying to change and trying to sing new songs, but all changes have not been improvements. Some of the changes actually kills the overall atmosphere instead of improving it. Singing "Nuno had a dream" can be great as a celebration song but when the team needs backing it is not the right time to sing it. Same thing with the forever "Wolverhampton Wanderers" song.
When the team needs a 12th player the right way to back to team is chants like "Come on Wanderers" where other stands easily can join in. Molineux (and the team) needs more getting behind the team chants and less sing-a-long-songs. Not the other way around, like too often this season. Sorry for offending some of you - nothing personal.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Atmosphere, singing and backing the team can be three completely different things.
This season the South Bank has slightly changed from backing the team to singing/creating atmosphere and they have lost some of their great timing from the past. Nothing wrong in trying to change and trying to sing new songs, but all changes have not been improvements. Some of the changes actually kills the overall atmosphere instead of improving it. Singing "Nuno had a dream" can be great as a celebration song but when the team needs backing it is not the right time to sing it. Same thing with the forever "Wolverhampton Wanderers" song.
When the team needs a 12th player the right way to back to team is chants like "Come on Wanderers" where other stands easily can join in. Molineux (and the team) needs more getting behind the team chants and less sing-a-long-songs. Not the other way around, like too often this season. Sorry for offending some of you - nothing personal.
Totally agree.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans respond to the game, simple,and many on here are right we get complacent
We have been top for what seems forever,the fans are expecting the team to just turn up and the opposition to roll over,the team sometimes does the same
We go a goal up and everyone starts checking the other games,and talking about the next match ,or who we will buy in the Prem
People say you could hear a pin drop,well that means you arent singing either doesnt it?
You need something happening on the pitch,whether thats brilliant football and goals,or tackles flying in and a poor ref,anything to give the crowd a reason to sing
Sometimes you get games like last night where the team didnt perform as they should,and that meant there was less to make a noise about,its not rocket science,its human nature

W

wolvesultra

Yeah spot on this

CVWolves

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the issue is with the 'Nuno had a dream' chant - when we are away and its belted out it certainly gets me fired up. Agreed it is never the same at home games, but its certainly not a bad song. We'll be singing it in Cardiff thats for sure

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The atmosphere in the south bank all season has been poor barring about 3/4 games

Sorry bandwagon jumpers half season ticket holders must be kids without a voice. It appears many day trippers go in the bull upper which seems more lively than it ever had before. No swipe at the south bank just saying this season in terms of atmosphere it has been poor no getting away from that. The villa game was amazing but that was October last year

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Partly agree. Especially about nuno had a dream.

But 10 minutes constant of barmy army, or Wolverhampton wanderers can get the place rocking and bring momentum.

When this has happened people have enjoyed it and said how good atmosphere was. People are reluctant to sing for long periods tho unless we are well on top in a match .

The fact is , we are on the verge of promotion and the atmosphere should be great. Instead it was silent .

W

wolvesultra

I'm not sure what the issue is with the 'Nuno had a dream' chant - when we are away and its belted out it certainly gets me fired up. Agreed it is never the same at home games, but its certainly not a bad song. We'll be singing it in Cardiff thats for sure
Its a great song and was belted out when 1-0 up but is it the kind of song we need when 2-1 down? Think that's all people are saying.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have also always had a sing when we are winning mentality sorry got shot down last time I meantioned this but last night shows it’s true. We should be like Portsmouth sing continuously but that is why they are unique I guess not every club is capable of singing all game

Back
Top Bottom