Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sunderland - SoL upper tier closing next season - Will we get more tickets for May 6th?

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stadium of Light: Sunderland to close the upper tier from the 2018-19 season

They're closing the upper tier from next season to 'improve atmosphere' but perhaps most pointedly, to reduce costs.

Reason for the thread - Who knows what the next 10 matches will bring, but hopefully from our perspective our final away game will be one to celebrate. If their financial situation is as dire as it sounds, I wonder if there's a chance of getting a bigger away ticket allocation for the final game.

As it stands, I'm really not confident of getting a ticket as I think demand will far outstrip supply.

Any early indications from our ticket office? I'm off to search for other teams' allocations over there this season.

D

Deleted member 4453

good idea this regardless of costs.
Think it's horrible seeing big grounds empty at the bottom pitch side.
It's not that there's no one there, they're all just hiding like pigeons in the upper tiers...

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ticket allocation this season seems to range from about 2700 for Preston next weekend, to 2900 for Leeds earlier in August.

Unfortunately the way the fixtures have fallen means the likes of Villa have played them midweek so difficult to find a comparison.

Either way, hope we get offered more.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

9000 tickets I heard

Celtic took 9,000 for a friendly there in the summer, so clearly it's allowed.

I presume they'll be relegated by then so we should be able to ask for at least that and they'd probably consider accepting as the result won't matter and we'll be giving them loads of money.

W

wolvesultra

Stadium of Light: Sunderland to close the upper tier from the 2018-19 season

They're closing the upper tier from next season to 'improve atmosphere' but perhaps most pointedly, to reduce costs.

Reason for the thread - Who knows what the next 10 matches will bring, but hopefully from our perspective our final away game will be one to celebrate. If their financial situation is as dire as it sounds, I wonder if there's a chance of getting a bigger away ticket allocation for the final game.

As it stands, I'm really not confident of getting a ticket as I think demand will far outstrip supply.

Any early indications from our ticket office? I'm off to search for other teams' allocations over there this season.
Aren't away fans in the upper tier anyway? and the whole of it (approx. 3k) so can't see us getting more.

W

wolvesultra

Celtic took 9,000 for a friendly there in the summer, so clearly it's allowed.

I presume they'll be relegated by then so we should be able to ask for at least that and they'd probably consider accepting as the result won't matter and we'll be giving them loads of money.
Didn't Celtic have the whole side though? I'd imagine season ticket holders are in there.

M

Mr Wolf

I would guess they would have to move the regulars so it needs to be done now if we want an extra large allocation.

They will need all the income they can get because they’re down so I would hope they do this for us.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Didn't Celtic have the whole side though? I'd imagine season ticket holders are in there.

Ah yeah it certainly wasn't where away fans sit this season anyway, good point.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When will we hear about this I wonder?

Sunderland look like they will be gone and it could be we need 10k plus tickets !

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It'll be like MK Dons all over again.

We'll take as many as they'll allow us. It'll be somewhere around the 9k/10k mark. Should be great fun :)

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I spoke to James Davies (Ticket office manager) after the Fans Parliament and we are getting 3000 initial and they will look to see how things pan out re relegation etc and they could give us upto 9000 !

Thanks for that

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most shocking thing about that is Darron Gibson is only 30... That can't be right surely.

Jeez. He looks about 40.

At least we won't be the only ever double dippers. Sunderland are making our team under Saunders look like absolute world beaters. Something very rotten going on up there.

D

Deleted member 4453

how long is the trip up on coach for this? I'd get the train but don't feel like having my balance raped.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope what ever the allocation if they are relegated we act with a bit of dignity.

Always had a warm welcome at Sunderland and it would be embarrassing if we took the ****

I have a feeling we might end up joining their fans in a few songs ripping their players/owners. Kinda like Brighton did with us when we got relegated. I quite like Sunderland personally, their fans must be in bits.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope what ever the allocation if they are relegated we act with a bit of dignity.

Always had a warm welcome at Sunderland and it would be embarrassing if we took the ****

Me too

I'm going with some Mackem mates, very soft spot for the club and them with Wolves

They will make us very welcome so hope we can act accordingly

I'm sure they might be pretty angry on the day against owners eg protests, so hope our lot are sympathetic

N

Northamptonwolf

how long is the trip up on coach for this? I'd get the train but don't feel like having my balance raped.
Long id imagine!

We booked hotels back in October for the weekend. Decent prices just outside newcastle

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's around a 4 hour drive each way with no stops, for a car. We're thinking of an overnight stop but as it's a Sunday it means a day of work. I wouldn't enjoy that coach trip , it will be 5-6 hours on the official transport.
I also hope we support Sunderland fans in their protests. Always good fans plus it's not long since it was us, but we are also an example of how quick it can turn again.

N

Northamptonwolf

It's around a 4 hour drive each way with no stops, for a car. We're thinking of an overnight stop but as it's a Sunday it means a day of work. I wouldn't enjoy that coach trip , it will be 5-6 hours on the official transport.
I also hope we support Sunderland fans in their protests. Always good fans plus it's not long since it was us, but we are also an example of how quick it can turn again.

Its a bank holiday on the monday. Im aware a lot of people work them still but just incase anyone has forgotten!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeez. He looks about 40.

At least we won't be the only ever double dippers. Sunderland are making our team under Saunders look like absolute world beaters. Something very rotten going on up there.
Yes, we got 51 points. No one in the bottom 3 will be on anywhere near 50 points

Lofty wolf

Reaction score
The wife's from Sunderland so we've got 8 traveling up for the weekend. She'll stop in a pub somewhere with her family while me and how ever many of my daughter's and boyfriends wanna go, go to the game.
We've already booked a house in Roker that sleeps 8 !
I'm quite prepared to go in the home end with the brother in law, but just hoping it won't come to that.

E

E is for idiot.

Me too

I'm going with some Mackem mates, very soft spot for the club and them with Wolves

They will make us very welcome so hope we can act accordingly

I'm sure they might be pretty angry on the day against owners eg protests, so hope our lot are sympathetic

This for sure. We've been there, we know better than most how it feels.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Myself and nephew are planning on going up on the Saturday morning on the train and stopping the night in a hotel.Got in touch with a few mates who work for Virgin so will get it a bit cheaper.:cool:

Ebbo

Reaction score
Hotel rooms booked for the Sunday night, four of us going up. Booked it weeks back. Looking forward to celebrating up there, even trying to persuade my teetotal mate it would be a perfect time to have a few beers! Agree though, let’s show some class with the long suffering Mackems.

N

northbank1967

we got day at the races saturday then onto newcastle for the night then a party at sunderland

wolvesandbooze

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are booked into the Hilton for 2 nights right by the ground. I have no doubt we will show proper dignity to Sunderlands demise...we as much as anyone should know how it feels...I really feel for them I have a Sunderland mate who lives over here in Perton who absolutely loves his football and it's destroyed him because of what' happening to his club

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If it wasn’t just common decency, this should be a sticky.

In our PL relegation season there wasn’t a single ‘going down’ type chant. They were more concerned with chanting against their own stewarding. Was a dire 0-0 but memorable for us doing ‘Let’s pretend to score a goal’, getting to about 4-0 with the chant.

They then went very close (may have hit the post) and then started signing 4-0 and you ****ed it up :D

Much better fans than Newcastle’s IMO and I wish them the best after this season. Unfortunately they could replicate our triple fall from the 80s if they don’t restructure.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This would be a horrible end of the season for them, going down and another club potentially celebrating going up. If this was the other way round I'd probably just stay in the pub!

D

Deleted member 3518

Great set off fans, a group of them used to come in the Red Lion (now closed) every year and have a drink and reciprocate when we went the SoL. This season @HowfenWolf recruited a couple of their fans on the train journey down and we had a great day. Looking forward to a great weekend with a great set of fans who deserve better and we more than most should empathise with that.

Back
Top Bottom