Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does look as though there is a different relationship throughout the squad under Bruno that the one under Nuno. This seems evident by off the field 'incidences' as well as a loss of the famous never-say-die attitude we had under Nuno. Compare the number of times we battled back from a goal or two down under Nuno to this season under Bruno. Only Villa and Norwich springs to mind under Bruno whereas we were often fighting back to win games under Nuno - Man City, Southampton, Spurs etc...
That attitude was lost last season though. We tried really hard against burnley ….

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa supposedly after Calvin Bassey, Tarkowski and Oxlade Chamberlain. Saw someone suggest Tammy Abraham on twitter too. Not messing about.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa supposedly after Calvin Bassey, Tarkowski and Oxlade Chamberlain. Saw someone suggest Tammy Abraham on twitter too. Not messing about.
You should see who Fulham are after ;)

Seriously though - I rate Tarkowski very highly but, as @jwolfie91 says, he's one of these defenders who's never played in a 'good' team at PL level so I understand the Roger Johnson comparisons. I still think he'll end up at Newcastle.

Amassing a collection of Premier League 6/7 out of tens rarely works but, who knows! I thought they'd do better than us this season and they massively failed.

Palhinha would be a good signing. At this point, I'm willing to offer to go into CM for us myself, such is our need for a new face there.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One good season in a shocker of a league and some good European displays.
29, limited and we have better alreasy
AOC - more injury prone than Boukari

Let’s take a step back. Every season we have this.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I like the look of Bassey personally, but take your point. Not so sure I’d be offering Tarkowski 120k per week and AOC’s injury record/wages would put me right off too. Can’t see Abraham going there either. Kamara looks a good signing though tbf. Shame he wouldn’t come here. Hope Coutinho does a James Rodriguez

Comment was more about them acting very quickly and (unsurprisingly) throwing the cash about. I hope it continues not to work out particularly well for them.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abraham is currently godlike in Roma and has just won silverware- he isn't leaving for Villa.
Their fans do have a tendency to get a bit ahead of themselves. I’d imagine bigger clubs might get involved if he were available. Not cheap either, albeit they are quite willing to throw some cash about.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Loads of us looked at him and said he would be a great 5-a-side player but hadn't shown enough to spend £20m on him for the premier league.

I am fairly sure a lot of said he may develop into a good player but we even now have no idea if he can cut it in the prem.

Been the best player in Portugal this season, always looked great in the Portuguese Under 21s side and now getting regular call ups to the National side.

The few games he got a run in the team towards the end of the season he was one of our better players, although that wasn’t saying much.

My worry is the people who are running the club are supposed to see something we don’t, they spend the day around footballers watching them analysing etc. We wouldn’t spend 20 mil on him yet we’ve jumped at the chance to spend 12 on Hwang. Somethings not right there for me.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the look of Bassey personally, but take your point. Not so sure I’d be offering Tarkowski 120k per week and AOC’s injury record/wages would put me right off too. Can’t see Abraham going there either. Kamara looks a good signing though tbf. Shame he wouldn’t come here. Hope Coutinho does a James Rodriguez

Comment was more about them acting very quickly and (unsurprisingly) throwing the cash about. I hope it continues not to work out particularly well for them.
good points and agree - I encourage them to act quickly if they continue to sign as so!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine watkins and mings will want pay parity too. Their wage bill will sky rocket so will need to make europe.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been the best player in Portugal this season, always looked great in the Portuguese Under 21s side and now getting regular call ups to the National side.

The few games he got a run in the team towards the end of the season he was one of our better players, although that wasn’t saying much.

My worry is the people who are running the club are supposed to see something we don’t, they spend the day around footballers watching them analysing etc. We wouldn’t spend 20 mil on him yet we’ve jumped at the chance to spend 12 on Hwang. Somethings not right there for me.

You make some good points, but I still maintain that many on here including me didn't think he was worth the £20m to us at that time.

I do think the Hwang situation is different. Clearly the lad has suffered a collapse in confidence and has looked poor. But his five goals this season is actually better than some fairly big names.

When you look at his career he has 50 goals and has played 50 internationals. He is strong enough for the premier league and his early form and career history suggested £12m was a good deal.

Now of course we are dealing with human beings and his form has dipped after his back injury, but it looks to have really killed his confidence to me.

I know he is 26, but he looks a young 26. He lives with his mom I think, he is not like Neves who is a mature family man with three kids.

If we are not careful we are in danger of losing a potential valuable asset because we sap his confidence.

I hope he gets a nice holiday, gets himself fit, and with better more attacking players around him can regain his confidence.

A back up player that can score 1 in 4 throughout his career is going to really useful and worth the £12m.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abraham is currently godlike in Roma and has just won silverware- he isn't leaving for Villa.
He would be insane to leave, Roma are a huge club, one of the most amazing cities in Europe and by all accounts Tammy is adored universally by their fanbase and will continue to do so as he won them their first silverware in what, 19 years?

For a club of Roma's size that seems ridiculous to think. He is not moving back to play for mid table Villa, not to even mention the Mourinho effect where he seems to have found himself at Roma.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think with Bassey, given his age, there is undoubted raw potential given his performances this season that would actually justify a pat on the back should Villa sign him, even in the EL final he was very commanding for a young cb.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.
For me there really was nothing to suggest Vitinha was worth an 18m punt…that was his option figure.

Think there was a similar shown from vitinha to hwang, for 14m.

Vitinhas goal in the fa cup was wonderful but importantly he showed glimpses similar to trincao, and was what 6 years younger than hwang?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha looked a year off challenging for the first team and I think many of us thought the money should have been spent on a player ready to play a major part last season and naively thought if we didn’t sign Vitinha we’d sign somebody else. You could see glimpses if his ability for us and more so for the Portugal U21s but was still a little lightweight for the PL. I think most of us would have signed him if the alternative was nobody!

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Roma, one note, how good was Chris Smalling.
Another slap in the face of United that even Chris Smalling looks quality in another team... just shows they will make pretty much anyone look poor such is the toxicity there... hopefully that continues with Ten Hag

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He would be insane to leave, Roma are a huge club, one of the most amazing cities in Europe and by all accounts Tammy is adored universally by their fanbase and will continue to do so as he won them their first silverware in what, 19 years?

For a club of Roma's size that seems ridiculous to think. He is not moving back to play for mid table Villa, not to even mention the Mourinho effect where he seems to have found himself at Roma.
He also is on massive money from a net perspective, because of the tax laws in Italy being set up to give foreign workers big tax breaks in the first few years. 21% effective top rate of tax vs 43% here when you take deductions into account.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If you were CEO of a PL club would you “blindly rely on Mendes?”
I know I wouldn’t, or any agent for that matter.
What worries me about the Mendes alliance is that we need players from a football perspective he moves them on /brokers deal from a financial perspective and Jeff Shi who knows little about football decides yes or no
I release Fosun have a financial stake in Mendes’ company but in the grand scheme of things how important/relevant are we to him these days?

T

TheConcourse

What worries me about the Mendes alliance is that we need players from a football perspective he moves them on /brokers deal from a financial perspective and Jeff Shi who knows little about football decides yes or no
I release Fosun have a financial stake in Mendes’ company but in the grand scheme of things how important/relevant are we to him these days?
We don’t just accept players though Jonzy. All of our data will be in place to say yes or no.

T

TheConcourse

I would love to know what the data was for Silva ,Hwang and William Jose
Hwang I can accept. I’m not a fan, but at the start I think I called it a no brainer, and at £12m you get what you get.

Jose was a punt. We were staring a potential relegation battle in the face, and taking any striker in January from any club who is valuable is very very hard.

Silva - way too early. He’s got a lot of growing up to do. Terrible decision as of now.

All I would say is that we don’t have an attacking player that looks good in the squad at the moment. Slight green shoots of recovery between Neto and Raul, but to a man they’ve been dreadful all season - all of them.

Is that the individuals or is it the system?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Hwang I can accept. I’m not a fan, but at the start I think I called it a no brainer, and at £12m you get what you get.

Jose was a punt. We were staring a potential relegation battle in the face, and taking any striker in January from any club who is valuable is very very hard.

Silva - way too early. He’s got a lot of growing up to do. Terrible decision as of now.

All I would say is that we don’t have an attacking player that looks good in the squad at the moment. Slight green shoots of recovery between Neto and Raul, but to a man they’ve been dreadful all season - all of them.

Is that the individuals or is it the system?
I don’t disagree and yes Silva still has time to come good but at the time he was the only alternative to Raul which was way before he was ready .
This season he has played more of a back seat role behind Hwang but we can’t escape the fact he ended the season without a goal
Do we keep him here or send him out on loan but whatever happens we have to find a goal scorer from somewhere.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Xander Clark the St Johnstone keeper who is also in the Scotland squad is out of contract this Summer .He is 29 ,a good keeper and is available on a free .
Middlesbrough are interested and he meets the criterion that some are advocating of us signing an experienced back up to replace John Ruddy.

Whilst I love the big bearded *******, and he'll always be a St Johnstone legend after what he's done over the last 12 years at the club, I'm not convinced Zander's quite good enough for the Premier League. Absolute top bloke though, who my son idolises - as do most of the young Saints fans, as shown by this article from a few days ago!

Young St Johnstone fan in tears as she says goodbye to hero Zander Clark

He's been first choice at his loan clubs and Saints for the last 9-10 years, so he doesn't want to go somewhere to sit on the bench and not play (straight from the horses' mouth that quote).

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Whilst I love the big bearded *******, and he'll always be a St Johnstone legend after what he's done over the last 12 years at the club, I'm not convinced Zander's quite good enough for the Premier League. Absolute top bloke though, who my son idolises - as do most of the young Saints fans, as shown by this article from a few days ago!

Young St Johnstone fan in tears as she says goodbye to hero Zander Clark

He's been first choice at his loan clubs and Saints for the last 9-10 years, so he doesn't want to go somewhere to sit on the bench and not play (straight from the horses' mouth that quote).
Fair enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom