Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about this Schadenfreude I've been hearing so much about from my Liverpool supporting mates since Sunday?
I've tried looking online but yet to see any details on Wolves links to Schadenfreude!!!
Any YouTube clips or info, where does he play? ;)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could anyone shed any light on Rafa Silva as a player?

What’s he like, his main attributes and position?
Winger, attacking midfielder......best asset is running with the ball.......very quick...... Got the most assist in the Portuguese league this season...and also score goals......(or be it in Portugal)......was excellent when benfica played Liverpool in the champions league...

Last edited:
Reactions: DPE

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about this Schadenfreude I've been hearing so much about from my Liverpool supporting mates since Sunday?
I've tried looking online but yet to see any details on Wolves links to Schadenfreude!!!
Any YouTube clips or info, where does he play? ;)
....they also seemed to keep mumbling something about some German fella, who's name I'm unable to use on here, for fear I'll be accused of trying to bypass the swear filter...again!
Began with the letter K, I think and rhymed with the word shunts....though I suspect there's nothing in that, as I'm sure he's well past it!
Funny bunch them Scousers!

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa rumoured to offer Tarkowski 120k a week.
People may scorn and laugh at them but that's 10 million for 2 years. 10 million for an established PL defender.

Don't get me wrong. I like our vision of going for young and talented players and don't want us to sign Tarkowski

Bur we paid 10 million for Hoever...
And 35 for Silva.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
....they also seemed to keep mumbling something about some German fella, who's name I'm unable to use on here, for fear I'll be accused of trying to bypass the swear filter...again!
Began with the letter K, I think and rhymed with the word shunts....though I suspect there's nothing in that, as I'm sure he's well past it!
Funny bunch them Scousers!
It’s an actual German name and appeared on a number one songs video, but can’t have it on here? My days it’s like being at school

I had the same issue, sad really as worse gets said at molineux

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know Villa have been on a trolley dash most windows of late but I’m telling you now that Kamara, Tarkowski and Bassey if they get them is quality early business.
Agree it is but they still have to work as a team and I honestly don’t believe the fans have the patience or the manager to do that. Might be wishful thinking but I believe in our owners and we will be above them again next season.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leon Bailey
Danny Ings
Buendia
Tzuenbebe

They were going to be ace last season too, oh add Coutinho in January as well. Ok we got lucky a bit at their place but we ****ing bossed them at ours, they were lucky to be in it at half time. Remember Serri? Fulham brought him from France, he was going to be better than Zidane!

Oh and Sanson!!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As fans I don't think we should expect to have it both ways- keep all of our players and expect new ones to just pile in on top. Doing that is a recipe for player values to dwindle and staleness to creep in.

I am happy for Ruddy, Saiss, Moutinho, Marcal and Trincao to go. A) Because it will give some of our quality, now championship-proven youngsters (MGW, Giles and Sarkic) more opportunities or B) because it frees up space for us to bring in players that will do different things and change our approach.
I disagree, if we are to progress we need improved quality in, whilst players like Boly, Saiss, Coady, Moutinho, Raul, Traore become squad players pushing hard to get back in.
The younger players like Cundle, Hoever, Silva should be going out on loan to do what MGW has done and not warming the bench at Wolves.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didnt say I wanted Saiss to stay but it is common knowledge the club offered him a new deal as they have done with Moutinho. Neither have accepted for whatever reason.

I just have the feeling there is a lot up in the air at the club and that makes me uncomfortable.

Apparently Moutinho wants a 2 year deal, but has only been offered 1 year. So he definitely wants to stay. Got to add, surely if he wants to stay, we have to keep a player of his quality?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Zander Clark the St Johnstone keeper who is also in the Scotland squad is out of contract this Summer .He is 29 ,a good keeper and is available on a free .
Middlesbrough are interested and he meets the criterion that some are advocating of us signing an experienced back up to replace John Ruddy.

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa are acting like a Newcastle but without the hype.

They’re building a fantastic squad that should be capable of pushing the top six.

The only problem I maybe see for them is Gerrard, not sure he’s at that level.

But can’t knock them for what they’ve done. The sort of owners everyone would want.
I love what they're doing from a rival club perspective. Brentford and Brighton know what they're doing. Villa are just 2002 Wolves with a bigger cheque book.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon we are trying to save on shirt fabric. Either that or go for the kids clothing market.
What's Brian Little up to these days?........................

Maybe if Bruno stays but gets the chop early next season, we could save a few pennies on the head coaches training wear with initials on and gerrimin!!!

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's Brian Little up to these days?........................

Maybe if Bruno stays but gets the chop early next season, we could save a few pennies on the head coaches training wear with initials on and gerrimin!!!
....or Brian Law or Laws!!!
The options are seemingly endless!!! Lol

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Could anyone shed any light on Rafa Silva as a player?

What’s he like, his main attributes and position?
The Benfica fans for what I could make out on their forum think he’s always on the deck and only plays when he wants, sounds just like Podence plus he’s about the same size. They do say though he’s a very intelligent player and can be absolutely class but only when he can be bothered. Not my views as I have only seen him play in one game.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When we are looking at andre almeida who is announced in the portgual u21 squad, and palinha in the portugal squad.

And a name of vitor ferreria (vitinha) is also announced in the portgual squad, goncalves and vitinha ones that got away.

Vitinha what a let down for not spending the money, when we are looking to spend 14m on hwang..

View attachment 28085
The fact whoever is in charge at our club looked at him and couldn’t see a player there (Vitinha), is the reason I have no hopes that this window will be a success, hopefully I’ll be eating my words …

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact whoever is in charge at our club looked at him and couldn’t see a player there (Vitinha), is the reason I have no hopes that this window will be a success, hopefully I’ll be eating my words …

Loads of us looked at him and said he would be a great 5-a-side player but hadn't shown enough to spend £20m on him for the premier league.

I am fairly sure a lot of said he may develop into a good player but we even now have no idea if he can cut it in the prem.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully we still have a 50% sell on clause with famalicao for pedro goncalves. They still own half of him, meaning if he is sold for 50 million we get 10 million(25% overall - profit 40 million).

Famalicão still holds 50 percent of Pote's pass, in a scenario addressed by Miguel Ribeiro, president of SAD, on Channel 11.

"Famalicão has 50% of the rights to the Pot and I have no idea if Sporting will try to acquire them before having an operation, I don't think so. When we share things, it's for good or for bad. when there is success in an operation in which we are no longer partners. If Sporting tries to acquire another 20, 30 or 40 percent, we will be here to evaluate. It is a club with which we have good relations. I am not shocked that Famalicão has half of the pass and the Sporting make a good sale", he said.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
After convincing Jeff to part with 35M for Fabio, which is looking increasingly like a mistake/con, is the relationship with Mendes as strong as it was before?
The Fabio episode has made Jeff look like a fool and the "generation wonder kid" tag which was how Fabio was sold to Jeff is past a joke. Hence Jeff's gradual withrawal from the public eye. He's lost face big time.
With the Adama and Trincao saga looking like not ending like we envisaged - has the Mendes magic ended?
Can we even get half decent players without help from Mendes?
Do we even want more Portuguese players in the squad given the recent displays of them ganging up on other players (fabio and Podence on Hwang).
These are open questions I'm looking forward to being answered soon.
This is such an important window that we must get right. I just hope we make the right decisions within the club and don't just blindly rely on Mendes.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After convincing Jeff to part with 35M for Fabio, which is looking increasingly like a mistake/con, is the relationship with Mendes as strong as it was before?
The Fabio episode has made Jeff look like a fool and the "generation wonder kid" tag which was how Fabio was sold to Jeff is past a joke. Hence Jeff's gradual withrawal from the public eye. He's lost face big time.
With the Adama and Trincao saga looking like not ending like we envisaged - has the Mendes magic ended?
Do we even want more Portuguese players in the squad given the recent displays of them ganging up on other players (fabio and Podence on Hwang).
This is such an important window that we must get right. I just hope we make the right decisions within the club and don't just blindly rely on Mendes.
If you were CEO of a PL club would you “blindly rely on Mendes?”
I know I wouldn’t, or any agent for that matter.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck with that. I don't believe we're told half of what happens at OUR club and to some degree, we shouldn't be told as confidentiality is involved - players salaries etc.... However, the problem with not being told the truth is that rumour and innuendo becomes rife and half-truths are accepted as gospel. Things become exaggerated and our relationship with the club becomes strained, especially when we aren't doing as well as we want.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have just read back a few pages and regards the Palhinha link. Haven't we been similarly linked with him for several windows now and nothing has come of it? I realise that Neves looks like he's outta the door and that changes the lay of the land, but if Palhinha has turned us down or we've rejected him or there was no approach in the past, why should there be now?
I know very little about the foreign transfer markets and that everyone here likes a good rumour, but I fail to see why a player we've been linked with in the past and for whatever reason hasn't joined, should do so now.
Are we so desperate to sign a player that may have turned us down several times? Smacks of Talisca to me!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s quite some projection of one incident!

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
That’s quite some projection of one incident!
It has been alluded to from different sources that the togetherness of the squad has weakened somewhat under Bruno. Under Nuno, it was reported that to prevent factions of Portuguese players forming (which is only natural) and possibly disrupting harmony in the team, Nuno insisted that they all had lunch together and that they spoke English. Nuno was a more domineering character and I can imagine it being true that squad camaraderie has weakened this last season under Bruno.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has been alluded to from different sources that the togetherness of the squad has weakened somewhat under Bruno. Under Nuno, it was reported that to prevent factions of Portuguese players forming (which is only natural) and possibly disrupting harmony in the team, Nuno insisted that they all had lunch together and that they spoke English. Nuno was a more domineering character and I can imagine it being true that squad camaraderie has weakened this last season under Bruno.
That all may be true but still think “ganging up” is going way too far.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does look as though there is a different relationship throughout the squad under Bruno that the one under Nuno. This seems evident by off the field 'incidences' as well as a loss of the famous never-say-die attitude we had under Nuno. Compare the number of times we battled back from a goal or two down under Nuno to this season under Bruno. Only Villa and Norwich springs to mind under Bruno whereas we were often fighting back to win games under Nuno - Man City, Southampton, Spurs etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom