Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s an accounting transaction. Fosun invested 126m into Wolves. That was carried as debt on Wolves books, which means that Fosun could probably claim a tax deduction against it, and in the event Wolves went bankrupt, they would get priority in getting that money back. They wrote it off. That means it’s now effectively an extra 126m of equity Fosun have in the club should they sell it. On their accounts, it just moves from one entry to another. For Fosun and Wolves, it’s simply an accounting transaction. There was no transfer of cash. Wolves now look slightly more attractive to a potential buyer.

It’s not the same as the example you gave. If I wrote off the tenner I lent you, I don’t get to sell you for a tenner more in the future ;)

And lets be honest, that is the plan here. Fosun get a proper offer and they will bail 100%

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So relegation then is financial suicide.
We would have the parachute payments and would probably have to sell several players on decent wages (Neto, Jonny, Raul, Neves (if hasn’t already gone), Dendonker, Semedo). Players like MGW, Giles, Sanderson, Toti, Chiquinho, Cundle, Hoever etc would probably become important members of the squad. All in my opinion only.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And in that situation, you then might be annoyed if there were nonsensical comments on the internet saying "Brockmoorwolf is a right tightwad, he didn't even buy Flump a drink the other day".

You'd be banging your head on the table saying "I know, but I said he didn't have to pay me back the £10, surely that's worth more?!", but the Flump fans would just keep saying "where's Brockmoorwolf's money going, he's creaming it off, taking money away from Flump".
Is this tenner going free?

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If this is us then they have completely lost the plot

We just need 2 x cb, 2 x cm, 1 x cf

Anything else is a bonus .

Given the talk of limited funds, this would be a disaster if this transfer was instead of a cb or cm

Depends which forwards are off. Traore out the door, Trincao leaves and I could see Podence going too. That would leave us needing more than just Neto, Hwang and MGW.

Reactions: Ned

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's either MGW, Minamino or Guedes. 1 of 3, not all of them. And that requires Podence, Traore to go. Guess there's a fine line between having a slim squad and being paper thin?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me who rates Seferovic? He's an entirely midtable premier league striker....considering we have no depth up top, I'd be fine with it

Reminds me of Luke De Jong who spent last season onloan to Barca.

Scores for fun in the Dutch league but dreadful in England and Germany. Been meh in Spain.

I think the is a reason he's so cheap.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reporter from the sun. I know its the sun. Jordan Davies tweeting that there will be a story in the paper today regarding Palhinha in which he indicates delays in the transfer to us as Fulham trying to hijack the deal and it seems we wont commit to buying until Neves future resolved. It is the sun of course but again points towards not being able to buy until we sell anyone.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reporter from the sun. I know its the sun. Jordan Davies tweeting that there will be a story in the paper today regarding Palhinha in which he indicates delays in the transfer to us as Fulham trying to hijack the deal and it seems we wont commit to buying until Neves future resolved. It is the sun of course but again points towards not being able to buy until we sell anyone.
Or another way of reading that could be we won’t buy another expensive DM if our existing one is going to stay…
Maybe Barca don’t have the cash and he doesn’t fancy Utd.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Its quite disastrous if our whole transfer plan for the summer hangs on when/whether Neves is sold...

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or another way of reading that could be we won’t buy another expensive DM if our existing one is going to stay…

1) He's not going to stay. He might go late and for less money than expected, but he wouldnt stay
2) We've 2 PL midfielders if Moutinho doesnt renew. We need a good midfielder even if Neves stays.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We need a centre mid, even if neves stays!!!

If palinha isn’t signed this week you really do begin to worry.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I realise we won’t get the full picture until the end of the window but we get no rumours or genuine links to players ,we don’t appear to be talking to anyone .It is all heresay and gossip .Can we have any good news ?
If the Palhina news is to be believed then what ?
Fans have renewed their season tickets in good faith or should that be blind faith ?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Trouble is mate, who is replacing Moutinho if he doesnt sign a new deal? I'd argue even if Neves stays we need someone new to play alongside him as Moutinho wont play every game now and even Dendoncker is being linked with moves away.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1) He's not going to stay. He might go late and for less money than expected, but he wouldnt stay
2) We've 2 PL midfielders if Moutinho doesnt renew. We need a good midfielder even if Neves stays.
1) IF it’s that certain and we want Palhinha then I can’t imagine for a second that we can’t finance the deal whilst we wait for Neves to complete
2) Again IF - I don’t understand why people are expecting us to forward buy replacements for people who might be staying. Have deals lined up yes - complete no. It’s like a house move.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble is mate, who is replacing Moutinho if he doesnt sign a new deal? I'd argue even if Neves stays we need someone new to play alongside him as Moutinho wont play every game now and even Dendoncker is being linked with moves away.
I completely agree Jos - my point is whilst you’d have those deals lined up, would you complete them before knowing for certain Moutinho & Donk ARE leaving?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm fairly confident that Palhinia will be a wolves player, and that we don't need to wait to sell Neves before we can spend anything (that would be ludicrous), but if he somehow ends up at Fulham instead of here then the meltdown is going to be an all timer. Absolutely off the scale

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1) IF it’s that certain and we want Palhinha then I can’t imagine for a second that we can’t finance the deal whilst we wait for Neves to complete
2) Again IF - I don’t understand why people are expecting us to forward buy replacements for people who might be staying. Have deals lined up yes - complete no. It’s like a house move.

In Palinhia's case I would have thought he'd be worth signing whether keeping Neves or not? He's available for a fairly decent price too.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It really isnt like a house move...
We're already a midfielder short. We should have some cash to spare. There really is no reason to wait until Neves departs,

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not like we're overstocked in midfield is it! We currently have Neves and Dendoncker, with a ? over Moutinho. Even if they were all to stay, we still need a midfielder! A full Portuguese international for €20m should be absolutely no problem for a club in our position, Neves or no Neves.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, surely having Neves' "replacement" in before we sell him strengthens our hand in any sale negotiation? If people are aware we're waiting to sell him before buying anyone, they'll just string it out until we start to panic and accept a lower fee.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

£20M is hardly overleveraging ourselves even if the Neves deal falls through.

If it was like a £40M player or something i'd understand it a bit more but £20M should be easily achievable. Moutinho will re-sign though, easiest PR win in the world for the club, try to get another 38 games out of him knowing that the fanbase will basically never criticise him irrespective of his level of performance.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£20M is hardly overleveraging ourselves even if the Neves deal falls through.

If it was like a £40M player or something i'd understand it a bit more but £20M should be easily achievable. Moutinho will re-sign though, easiest PR win in the world for the club, try to get another 38 games out of him knowing that the fanbase will basically never criticise him irrespective of his level of performance.
Not sure about the last part, he gets loads of stick on here.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Not sure about the last part, he gets loads of stick on here.
Not as much as other players who perform at a similar level, but mainly the match-going fans will stick with him always (which is fair enough given his credit in the bank).

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only a few days ago it was reported that Fulham were going to hijack our deal for Al Musrati from Braga. Large pinches of salt required, methinks.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Giles too. Dion Sanderson follows him on Twitter but has a different agent.

Bassey and Max Kilman went to the same futsal academy.

It's all just info, who knows what it all means. But, the photo was definitely of our training ground.

I'm pretty sure Max has never played Futsal.
If he had I'm sure someone would have mentioned it by now, but nothing.
Even in TV commentary you'd think it would get a mention but not a sausage. Unless of course I've missed it in their avalanche of Max Kilman anecdotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom