Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member drgr12429

It’s hard going trying to get this across to some posters! A good example is our operating profit / loss… So despite making a book 144m profit, of that 126m was an accounting transaction where Fosun wrote off debt and converted that to equity. Then excluding player sales and interest, we make an operating loss of 37m, which was an improvement on the 45m loss the prior season. So the only money the club made out of a declared profit of 144m, was entirely due to Fosun writing off debt, and net player sales. Still, that makes us better than most PL clubs.

You're wasting your time SW. We are not doing bits NOW!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What does fosun writing off the debt mean ?? If you owed me a tenner, and i said dow bother mush its only a tenner. Thats me writing off the debt of a tenner.

It’s an accounting transaction. Fosun invested 126m into Wolves. That was carried as debt on Wolves books, which means that Fosun could probably claim a tax deduction against it, and in the event Wolves went bankrupt, they would get priority in getting that money back. They wrote it off. That means it’s now effectively an extra 126m of equity Fosun have in the club should they sell it. On their accounts, it just moves from one entry to another. For Fosun and Wolves, it’s simply an accounting transaction. There was no transfer of cash. Wolves now look slightly more attractive to a potential buyer.

It’s not the same as the example you gave. If I wrote off the tenner I lent you, I don’t get to sell you for a tenner more in the future ;)

T

TheConcourse

It’s hard going trying to get this across to some posters! A good example is our operating profit / loss… So despite making a book 144m profit, of that 126m was an accounting transaction where Fosun wrote off debt and converted that to equity. Then excluding player sales and interest, we make an operating loss of 37m, which was an improvement on the 45m loss the prior season. So the only money the club made out of a declared profit of 144m, was entirely due to Fosun writing off debt, and net player sales. Still, that makes us better than most PL clubs.

Stop wasting your life.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't stop it from sticking Lego up its bum”

Gandhi*

*Or The Inbetweeners. I forget.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the limited times I’ve seen him to me Seferovic looks very similar to Willian Jose in nearly all aspects of his game such as pace, stature and ability.. Be interested in other views on how he compares?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What i'm seeing on here is people are saying "why aren't we signing anyone now?" And that's the issue. How does anyone know on here that we aren't in the process of signing someone now? People are assuming based on what? A few ITK posters in Twitter with 10 followers?
It's madness. It would be much better for people's mental health if they actually trusted the process, which btw isn't just rock up and flash the readies with a cab in readiness to whisk the player away.
Wolves under Fosun have never been forthcoming with their transfer business, and that's is a good policy being as we are competing with quite a few clubs that have a different style of owner who are prepared to just throw cash at it.
I'd rather us get the right player, than just any player to satisfy the craving of fans who just want to "sign some ****ing players".
I'd agree in general but it seems obvious to everyone that Palhinha is the player.

If he is, he should be in. We shouldn't have to wait until Neves is sold it's just potentially creating more issues such as a rival coming in for him or Sporting having an excellent offer for someone else meaning they don't need to sell Palhinha. Just get it done when you can to avoid any issues.

As you say, we could be doing deals in the background and if they come off we'll be delighted.

As it stands though, we're a backup keeper, starting centre-back, backup winger down & there are doubts over a starting central midfielder (Moutinho) in an area that was already short.

So, we're a club that needs to be busy.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Palhinha and Matheus Nunes will be sold to a "rental belly" club for miserable values! Within a year we will see how much Sporting was robbed!...

Never forget this!!

3F460A09-A056-428D-B135-6577B1267C72.jpeg

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What does fosun writing off the debt mean ?? If you owed me a tenner, and i said dow bother mush its only a tenner. Thats me writing off the debt of a tenner.

And in that situation, you then might be annoyed if there were nonsensical comments on the internet saying "Brockmoorwolf is a right tightwad, he didn't even buy Flump a drink the other day".

You'd be banging your head on the table saying "I know, but I said he didn't have to pay me back the £10, surely that's worth more?!", but the Flump fans would just keep saying "where's Brockmoorwolf's money going, he's creaming it off, taking money away from Flump".

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I'd agree in general but it seems obvious to everyone that Palhinha is the player.

If he is, he should be in. We shouldn't have to wait until Neves is sold it's just potentially creating more issues such as a rival coming in for him or Sporting having an excellent offer for someone else meaning they don't need to sell Palhinha. Just get it done when you can to avoid any issues.

As you say, we could be doing deals in the background and if they come off we'll be delighted.

As it stands though, we're a backup keeper, starting centre-back, backup winger down & there are doubts over a starting central midfielder (Moutinho) in an area that was already short.

So, we're a club that needs to be busy.
Who says he has to be though? WWFC or ITK twitter? If the latter let's see what occurs in the next few days. Remember Palhinha has been on international duty up until yesterday.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha and Matheus Nunes will be sold to a "rental belly" club for miserable values! Within a year we will see how much Sporting was robbed!...

Never forget this!!

View attachment 28360
A summary of Sporting's financial position attached. Despite a good year in Europe they do need to sell players. Preferably to us.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who says he has to be though? WWFC or ITK twitter? If the latter let's see what occurs in the next few days. Remember Palhinha has been on international duty up until yesterday.
Yeah fair point but all the noise is that we will have to wait, hence the comments.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And in that situation, you then might be annoyed if there were nonsensical comments on the internet saying "Brockmoorwolf is a right tightwad, he didn't even buy Flump a drink the other day".

You'd be banging your head on the table saying "I know, but I said he didn't have to pay me back the £10, surely that's worth more?!", but the Flump fans would just keep saying "where's Brockmoorwolf's money going, he's creaming it off, taking money away from Flump".
I'm greatly confused and mildly entertained.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely in addition to whatever money we raise through sales this window, we also have the money that we were prepared to spend but didn’t last summer?
We were going to spend £25m on Trincao this year. Surely we could use that money to buy Palhinha and have change for someone else.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still struggling with this tbh an established premier league club has no money to buy 2 full internationals for £25 million (seferovic palhinha)

To do this we have to sell our best player, for the funds.

Where is all the money
I admit that I can’t remember the exact details but istr we made a small profit last year, and a small loss the previous year, and a small profit the year before that, ie 2 years out of 3 we have made a small,profit. Therefore, if we are not being bank rolled by the owners. those small nett profits are all we have to play with unless we sell to buy.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh well another day has been and gone.

No signings and no friendlies but tomorrow is a new day. At least if we don’t sign anyone there will be no need for warm up matches

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I admit that I can’t remember the exact details but istr we made a small profit last year, and a small loss the previous year, and a small profit the year before that, ie 2 years out of 3 we have made a small,profit. Therefore, if we are not being bank rolled by the owners. those small nett profits are all we have to play with unless we sell to buy.
So relegation then is financial suicide.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I've just got back from a friend's get together.One of the lads passed away in january,and it would have bin his birthday today.All off my village and 95% wolves fans.I can tell ya the natives ay a happy bunch at the moment.We definitely need a signing of two.And bloody quick.All renewed their season tickets though,which was a bit of a surprise.Think we could get a good following away in Portugal for the last friendly,if they hurry up with the proper dates and where it will be played.A lot of them very interested.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't get into this, but surely it's the whole basis of an investment group.

You could say Fosun made a big loss on Wolves, spending far more than they recouped. However in fact they invested £124m and turned a club they paid £45m for into one probably worth £300m+. So they can easily write off the money they loaned to the club as they now have a far more valuable asset.

Apart from Chinese foreign policy the problem comes when someone says 'just spend another £100m and we *might* finish a couple of places higher in the league, that's not economic sense.

Anyway 10 blokes will turn up in Gold (and one in some hideous colour) in August and we'll get behind them if they do their best. All the rest is just waffle.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't get into this, but surely it's the whole basis of an investment group.

You could say Fosun made a big loss on Wolves, spending far more than they recouped. However in fact they invested £124m and turned a club they paid £45m for into one probably worth £300m+. So they can easily write off the money they loaned to the club as they now have a far more valuable asset.

Apart from Chinese foreign policy the problem comes when someone says 'just spend another £100m and we *might* finish a couple of places higher in the league, that's not economic sense.

Anyway 10 blokes will turn up in Gold (and one in some hideous colour) in August and we'll get behind them if they do their best. All the rest is just waffle.
Precisely.

The point being bypassed is that football clubs are not generally bought and run to make annual profit, but can generate significant profit for a venture capital or investment company looking to increase the value of the asset as a whole. See AC Milan where Eliot management have just sold for effectively 1.8 billion whilst also writing off loans along the way.

They have more than made that loan money back now. Anybody can read up on it.

The key thing is that even investors like Eliot, whilst making tough decisions, have still spent money on top young players , recognising that the investment in the playing staff will likely (yes of course no guarantees etc but generally players do cost actual money) propel the club up the table which in turn will make the brand, asset, spectator product and players more valuable, which in turn makes the club worth more. This has worked.

This approach can lead to a massive payout at the end which makes much more money than adopting a frugal approach along the way.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signings will come, but Wolves never sign players early in transfer windows..we're on the mendes carrousel and have to wait for all the pieces to fall into place..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom