Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coleshill Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Speaking to a Barca fan yesterday and he is adamant that after signing Kessie that they won't go for Neves as well.. In addition, out of the three "makeweights" or loan options that have been touted he reckons only Nico would hack it in the Prem.

He said he plays in a similar way to Yaya Toure in the way he plays as a box to box midfielder who carries the ball well.

I have no clue as I don't watch Barca but sounds good to me...

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mended has said Barca won't sell Nico.
Speaking to a Barca fan yesterday and he is adamant that after signing Kessie that they won't go for Neves as well.. In addition, out of the three "makeweights" or loan options that have been touted he reckons only Nico would hack it in the Prem.

He said he plays in a similar way to Yaya Toure in the way he plays as a box to box midfielder who carries the ball well.

I have no clue as I don't watch Barca but sounds good to me...

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Sepulveda is ‘100%’ certain that Wolves for sign Palhinha as Neves replacement.

On SSN now, Portuguese football expert.

I am also 100% convinced, very similar to the Patricio and Sa situation. Whether it is before or after Ruben goes remains to be seen.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Sepulveda is ‘100%’ certain that Wolves for sign Palhinha as Neves replacement.

I am also 100% convinced, very similar to the Patricio and Sa situation. Whether it is before or after Ruben goes remains to be seen.
If palhina wants to leave he's not just going to sit around waiting on the off chance we sell Neves, if we end up selling Neves in the last week of the window or summat there's a good chance that Palhina will already of joined someone or signed a new contract or whatever. If we are going to sell Neves it needs doing ASAP

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need Palhinha as well as all our existing midfielders. If it’s one in one out we are in just as ludicrous situation as we entered this season, just with inferior players.

It’s ok though, Luke Cundle might get a few more minutes before heading off to MK Dons and a career muddling around division 3 and 4.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I see that a few posters are getting a bit anxious regarding possibly missing out on Palhina.
But after studying him a few time this last season in the champions league to see what the fuss was about, I've got to say I can why he's still playing in the Portuguese league.
What I've seen is that he is slow, not very mobile, not creative, not very good in the air and weak in the tackle for a big guy and doesn't like to bust his gut. A good analogy would be a poor man's Dendonker with Donk being more mobile and a better passer too.
He is no where near being Neves quality and is the complete opposite of Mouts.
I just don't see how he's going to improve us. Putting Coady in front of the defense would offer us more than putting the Palhina I witnessed there.
I hope to god that if we end up buying him is that he's just had a few off games when I watched him and that he really is a good player in reality.
Would be good to hear of other views of him from other posters to put my mind at ease.

Last edited:

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see that a few posters are getting a bit anxious regarding possibly missing out on Palhina.
But after studying him a few time this last season in the champions league to see what the fuss was about, I've got say I can why he's still playing in the Portuguese league.
What I've seen is that he is slow, not very mobile, not creative, not very good in the air and weak in the tackle for a big guy and doesn't like to bust his gut. A good analogy would be a poor man's Dendonker with Donk being more mobile and a better passer too.
I just don't see how he's going to improve us. Putting Coady in front of the defense would offer us more than putting the Palhina I witnessed there.
I hope to god that if we end up buying him is that he's just had a few off games when I watched him and that he really is a good player in reality.
Would be good to hear of other views of him from other posters to put my mind at ease.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But after studying him a few time this last season in the champions league to see what the fuss was about, I've got say I can why he's still playing in the Portuguese league.
Take it you dont like aggressive ball winners.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weak in the tackle? Poor mans Dendoncker? That is the last way I'd describe him tbh...

Coady who struggled in the Championship and said himself wouldn't be able to play in midfield in the Premier League as he is to slow at reacting compared to a Portugese international...

With the greatest respect think you must have watched one of his worse ever games if you think Coady would do a better job in midfield..

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
Okay so let's say we get Palhinha who is by most accounts a defensive powerhouse (great on pressures and tackles according to his fbref - João Palhinha Stats, Goals, Records, Assists, Cups and more | FBref.com).

Who then is the creative force in midfield? Neves doesnt offer that much defensively, but losing his passing range is going to be a problem as Palhinha clearly doesn't have that.

I'm not complaining by the way! Just wondering if we've been linked with any creative CMs in the past however many hundred pages. I know Mout can string together a pass, but we can't be relying entirely on him surely?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But after studying him a few time this last season in the champions league to see what the fuss was about, I've got to say I can why he's still playing in the Portuguese league.

absolute rubbish. palhinha is a tank and the CDM we've been crying out for years for

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I'm notb
Take it you dont like aggressive ball winners.

Weak in the tackle? Poor mans Dendoncker? That is the last way I'd describe him tbh...

Coady who struggled in the Championship and said himself wouldn't be able to play in midfield in the Premier League as he is to slow at reacting compared to a Portugese international...

With the greatest respect think you must have watched one of his worse ever games if you think Coady would do a better job in midfield..
Watch him versus Ajax where Sporting lost 5-1 and I hope youll see what I mean.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jorge will sort Jorge out.. Thankful so far that has benefited Wolves...

I wasn't having a dig by the way I'm positive so not sure what that last sentence is about just putting a thought out there that's all...
Nothing personal mate, that was a general comment (winking emoji was an attempt to convey that).

There might well be cause for negativity later on, but let's hope not!

Sidaway

Reaction score

He's Fabrizio's Portuguese right hand man, as reliable as they come.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
watch him when he came on for portugal in the euros and you'll see what i mean
He hasn't even joined us yet so no need to get too excited. I'm not seeing it but hope you're right about him.
Just wondering why none of the "bigger" teams have taken a punt on him if he's so good. He's no longer a "youngster" at 26.
But I hope you're right if we end up buying him.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not to be taken too seriously, but it made me smile.
Portugals Fotmob player rankings after two Nation League games:

1​
Joao Cancelo
8.18​
2​
Nuno Mendes
8.10​
3​
William Carvalho
8.10​
4​
Diogo Jota
7.66​
5​
Cristiano Ronaldo
7.63​
6​
Raphaël Guerreiro
7.35​
7​
Pepe
7.25​
8​
André Silva
7.22​
9​
Danilo Pereira
7.21​
10​
Bernardo Silva
7.16​
11​
Otávio
7.13​
12​
Rui Patricio
7.10​
13​
Bruno Fernandes
6.69​
14​
Ruben Neves
6.65​
15​
Diogo Costa
6.56​
16​
Goncalo Guedes
6.45​
17​
Ricardo Horta
6.45​
18​
Rafael Leao
6.36​
19​
Joao Palhinha
6.10​
20​
Joao Moutinho
5.83​

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
We'll be linked with every Portuguese player and centre midfielder going.
Not a clue what's going to happen, always love the potential but as the window goes on most of our possible links go to a bigger club.
Where's Botman going now, linked with everyone!?
From what I've read Botman has agreed a 5 year contract for AC Milan, no fee agreed yet as Lille are hoping a Prem team comes in with a high offer.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn't even joined us yet so no need to get too excited.

What the ****? In games I have seen I think he has been awesome, in games you have seen you think he has been terrible

Truth is probably somewhere in between, but don’t patronise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom