Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't be against Andre Gomes if Neves and Joao Moutinho leave. For depth, he's nice on the ball and can add something next to Joao Palhinha

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i dont know if you saw the spiers article, quoting bruno

Wolves reporter for The Athletic Tim Spiers, has given an insight on what supporters of the club can expect from the summer transfer window.

Writing in an article for The Athletic based on Lage’s impact and vision for the squad, Spiers confirmed that the publication had been told that Wolves want a younger and fresher squad for 2022-23, something Lage instigated in his time at Benfica.

That would scream to me, that they might not be established players we buy.

MGW obviously part of youth,

we have already culled ruddy,saiss,marcal.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
What the ****? In games I have seen I think he has been awesome, in games you have seen you think he has been terrible

Truth is probably somewhere in between, but don’t patronise me.
Not intending to patronise you brother. Sorry if you felt hurt. Appreciate the feedback to a genuine question and banter though

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see that a few posters are getting a bit anxious regarding possibly missing out on Palhina.
But after studying him a few time this last season in the champions league to see what the fuss was about, I've got to say I can why he's still playing in the Portuguese league.
What I've seen is that he is slow, not very mobile, not creative, not very good in the air and weak in the tackle for a big guy and doesn't like to bust his gut. A good analogy would be a poor man's Dendonker with Donk being more mobile and a better passer too.
He is no where near being Neves quality and is the complete opposite of Mouts.
I just don't see how he's going to improve us. Putting Coady in front of the defense would offer us more than putting the Palhina I witnessed there.
I hope to god that if we end up buying him is that he's just had a few off games when I watched him and that he really is a good player in reality.
Would be good to hear of other views of him from other posters to put my mind at ease.

There's a good spec-savers in Wolverhampton. o_O

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Speaking to a Barca fan yesterday and he is adamant that after signing Kessie that they won't go for Neves as well.. In addition, out of the three "makeweights" or loan options that have been touted he reckons only Nico would hack it in the Prem.

He said he plays in a similar way to Yaya Toure in the way he plays as a box to box midfielder who carries the ball well.

I have no clue as I don't watch Barca but sounds good to me...
I love this Coleshill, gone are the days of 'speaking to a Portsmouth fan yesterday, and he reckons Jed Wallace would do a decent job for us'.

I realise I've added to the discussion here, it just amused me.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not intending to patronise you brother. Sorry if you felt hurt. Appreciate the feedback to a genuine question and banter though

Not hurt just don’t tell me what I should and shouldn’t think

And I’m not your ‘brother’

Palhinha would be a tremendous signing. End of

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite interesting that Gattuso (a Mendes man) has just got the Valencia job.

I think we might see quite a few movements between our clubs this summer.

Maxi Gomez and Guedes to us with Podence going the other way maybe?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WOW, that would be some fine negotiating if we pulled that off:D

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Que a meltdown

I doubted anything would happen until after the internationals etc tbf

Think Lage was a bit over optimistic to expect all deals to be done before preseason
I can’t remember the interview at the time, did he say “like” or “expect”? I imagine all managers would like transfers done by pre season but that’s pretty rare.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, agreed. But for the wages he's on (£112k at Everton apparently), we can make do with better value options.

It's why I think Everton will want him gone. Probably will take him for nothing, pay a couple million sign on few to make up for loss of. Earnings and give him 40/50k a week.

I don't want to see a midfield of Donk and Palhinha either are good enough on the ball.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can’t remember the interview at the time, did he say “like” or “expect”? I imagine all managers would like transfers done by pre season but that’s pretty rare.
I’m guessing it was “like” but I guess it hinges on who need to be replaced from outside the club etc

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Would be good but I've seen Roma are interested in Guedes as well.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watch him versus Ajax where Sporting lost 5-1 and I hope youll see what I mean.
If you watch the highlights its very clear that Ajax targetted Ruben Vinagre at left back - 4 of their 5 goals came down that flank. You can hardly blame Pahlina for that.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you watch the highlights its very clear that Ajax targetted Ruben Vinagre at left back - 4 of their 5 goals came down that flank. You can hardly blame Pahlina for that.
Sporting must feel that’s £10m well spent for half of him

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's more of a joke is that they allowed Messi to run his contract down instead of selling him, how much of that would have wiped off their debts?
You are rather assuming that Messi wanted to go....

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see that a few posters are getting a bit anxious regarding possibly missing out on Palhina.
But after studying him a few time this last season in the champions league to see what the fuss was about, I've got to say I can why he's still playing in the Portuguese league.
What I've seen is that he is slow, not very mobile, not creative, not very good in the air and weak in the tackle for a big guy and doesn't like to bust his gut. A good analogy would be a poor man's Dendonker with Donk being more mobile and a better passer too.
He is no where near being Neves quality and is the complete opposite of Mouts.
I just don't see how he's going to improve us. Putting Coady in front of the defense would offer us more than putting the Palhina I witnessed there.
I hope to god that if we end up buying him is that he's just had a few off games when I watched him and that he really is a good player in reality.
Would be good to hear of other views of him from other posters to put my mind at ease.
Interesting that you've seen a bit of him, I had exactly the same view of him as you but I'd only seen him in one and a half games.....I was hoping he was better than I initially thought. Everyone else seems to think he's top drawer so hopefully he's a good signing (if he comes)

T

TheConcourse

I wouldn’t be going anywhere near Barcelona for any player at the moment tbh. They’re going to be grossly overvalued. We shouldn’t be paying brand Barca prices.

Feels that way with most ‘big clubs’ in the major European leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom