Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love my football and watched a lot of it pre pandemic but I’m always amazed how many fans can pass opinions on every foreign player we are linked with. Surely not that many are watching the french, Spanish and Portuguese match of the days every week?

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So I'm now feeling gutted that a player I'd never heard of until last night, might go to Sevilla instead of us because West Ham have signed a centre back off Chelsea and the one I was happy about yesterday afternoon on a deal from Marseille seems like a poor consolation prize even though he is a decent player and I've seen him play for his country. Even though we may not even be in for him.
Sounds like standard multiple rumour response syndrome to me.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Jérôme Boateng has had a lack of offers since being released by Bayern. Surely this is an absolute no brainier for a team that requires an experienced defender with a glittering career? Wages we could offer up to 80/100k a week? 1/2 year deal would suit us perfectly along side Coady & Max we would certainly look a lot stronger at the back? Maybe I am just day dreaming thinking we could pull this off haha.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
youd think we should/would have got at least one of the 3 or 4 over the line by now ?!!!

all we seem to read is we like a player but no bid yet...or we are interested in them etc etc- getting very annoyed/worried now

surely someone somewhere isnt doing their job properly
Or we're just waiting to catch a domino when it falls our way. Prime example being centre back. Yesterday we get quite heavily linked with Botman and Caleta-Car, but they're waiting on options too. Then today you have Chelsea and West Ham finally agreeing the Zouma deal and Chelsea go after Kounde, meaning Sevilla want to replace him with Botman, so we shift to Caleta-Car (although @Cornwall Wolf says Spurs are also in for him). And that's the kind of chain of events that causes most of the movement to come late in the window.

We'll have our top targets, players will also have their preferred moves, and while players might be open for a move to us, the level of player we want will usually prefer to go to a club playing in Europe. If and when it becomes apparent that that can't happen, that's when we have to step in

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Jérôme Boateng has had a lack of offers since being released by Bayern. Surely this is an absolute no brainier for a team that requires an experienced defender with a glittering career? Wages we could offer up to 80/100k a week? 1/2 year deal would suit us perfectly along side Coady & Max we would certainly look a lot stronger at the back? Maybe I am just day dreaming thinking we could pull this off haha.

Not the greatest injury track record. A history of muscular skeletal issues.... Was being linked with ManUre earlier in the summer.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the players we're supposedly interested in surely don't meet the quest for quality that we're supposedly after?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the greatest injury track record. A history of muscular skeletal issues.... Was being linked with ManUre earlier in the summer.

Same could be said for Marcal suppose your right. Rather spend the money on Botman or Dickie

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or we're just waiting to catch a domino when it falls our way. Prime example being centre back. Yesterday we get quite heavily linked with Botman and Caleta-Car, but they're waiting on options too. Then today you have Chelsea and West Ham finally agreeing the Zouma deal and Chelsea go after Kounde, meaning Sevilla want to replace him with Botman, so we shift to Caleta-Car (although @Cornwall Wolf says Spurs are also in for him). And that's the kind of chain of events that causes most of the movement to come late in the window.

We'll have our top targets, players will also have their preferred moves, and while players might be open for a move to us, the level of player we want will usually prefer to go to a club playing in Europe. If and when it becomes apparent that that can't happen, that's when we have to step in
Good post. Still amazes me how some posters think you can just nip to Tesco’s and pop a centre half and midfielder in the trolley and self checkout!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any point asking if we have any new leads today?

Also, didn't experts say that Euro deals wouldn't be able to get completed in the last week due to paperwork so we would see a lot of movement last week? Didn't see a lot of movement last week.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I've had a good think and I think that, due to the conditions of the market, we have been unable to get one or two potential deals over the line. Nonetheless we are more happy with the business we have done in this window, and the squad we have got, and look forward to supporting Bruno.

Do I win a prize?

C3BZGMCRJNAYTGWZSYNZMGLIYM.jpg

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I'm now feeling gutted that a player I'd never heard of until last night, might go to Sevilla instead of us because West Ham have signed a centre back off Chelsea and the one I was happy about yesterday afternoon on a deal from Marseille seems like a poor consolation prize even though he is a decent player and I've seen him play for his country, and we may not even be in for him, or the lad from Fulham
Welcome to Transfer Window.

Now tell me: do you have your own aspirins or would you like to buy them from this friendly agent?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love my football and watched a lot of it pre pandemic but I’m always amazed how many fans can pass opinions on every foreign player we are linked with. Surely not that many are watching the french, Spanish and Portuguese match of the days every week?
Can only speak for myself but I wager I watch 10 games a week over multiple leagues. Love the french one

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot can change in a month, especially when a few competitive games have been played.

Maybe Lage and Shi have decided Traore and Neves are too important to the team to sell.

Maybe the likes of killman and MGW are exceeding expectations.

These things may lead to a conclusion that not so many signings are needed?

Perhaps we’ll just get 1 or 2 with the Mir and OO money.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling Gilkes arrived in the January of the year he arrived and not later in the season when we signed the glut of players mentioned previously
Gilkes came on deadline day March 1997, before the windows came in.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As he wants a move to an Italian club involved in the Champions League a certain amount of subterfuge might be involved on our part or a B A Baracus-style drugging to get him on the plane.

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot can change in a month, especially when a few competitive games have been played.

Maybe Lage and Shi have decided Traore and Neves are too important to the team to sell.

Maybe the likes of killman and MGW are exceeding expectations.

These things may lead to a conclusion that not so many signings are needed?

Perhaps we’ll just get 1 or 2 with the Mir and OO money.

Yeah, agreed. Things aren't anywhere near as bad as they maybe seemed earlier in the window and stuff is starting to settle down a bit.

But that said, we are still short of bodies. Any injury to key players and we will be in big trouble again if we don't have reliable understudies.

Back
Top Bottom