Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger......but I've heard Lloyd Kelly is very much on the agenda this summer.....

Thought he may be…although GON took the captaincy off him last year and gave it to Neto.

Would be really pleased with Kelly though. Think he’s very good.

Jacob Greaves at Hull is another very good centre-half.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he may be…although GON took the captaincy off him last year and gave it to Neto.

Just passing on what I heard from someone today......they went a stage further and seemed very confident....

Could just be the first test from Gary to see if he gets who he wants ....but that's bit me just sumising as such ..

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Like pretty decent to me!…
Soon to be 28 years old interesting way of growing the fan base in South Korea

Hope he isn’t our Joao Gomes replacement!!

Interesting that we sold Kawabe last summer I think. Now has 7 goals and 7 assists in Belgium for Standard Liege from 32 games who is a similar age….. Hopefully this Hwang is better than the current Hwang??!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question; if we were to do a deal with City for RAN where it was, for example, RAN in exchange for McAtee, Harwood-Bellis and Sergio Gomes, would that get around us having to give Angers any cash?
Unsure. However, regardless there are would still be a significant net cost - those three are doubtless on much more wages in total than RAN.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Genuine question, why has he not been playing for Bournemouth (15 starts)? Injured or deemed not good enough?

Greaves I really like.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question, why has he not been playing for Bournemouth (15 starts)? Injured or deemed not good enough?

Greaves I really like.

Injured. Whenever he's fit he's started or saw minutes.

As good as he might be. Missing 41 games in two seasons, doesnt fill me with hope

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need to pull me up on it - I agree with everything you say here. I just left it out of my post, but had the same thoughts about not getting a run of games. Notice that I did not say to get rid of him. :) I'm interested to see how Gary can improve some of the more raw aspects of Traore's game...
Was just commenting, didn't mean you to think I was pulling you up on it. Sorry if it came across that way. You didn't say sell Traore and I'm glad:)

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am going to find it incredibly hard to go through another season where we try to play any system that accommodates not having natural goalscorers in the team.
Since our latest arrival in the Premier League ( over 200 matches) I hardly recall a performance that could have ended with us scoring 4 or 5 goals .
This is the thing that gets me. Even some of the really bad teams look like and do score plenty of goals.

I would suggest that if we keep going on with this trajectory we will get caught out and get relegated.

We have to sort this and get an out an out and out striker in the team

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Small squad with key injuries, fatigue and loss of form has killed off our season. Need at least 5 more new players next season. Ability to be able to score goals is essential more than ever with VAR being so prevalent. VAR can't disallow all our goals so we need to score more for "security" sake. It's where we're at.
Looks like this team is done for this season. We've been way off it since we secured survival.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the thing that gets me. Even some of the really bad teams look like and do score plenty of goals.

I would suggest that if we keep going on with this trajectory we will get caught out and get relegated.

We have to sort this and get an out an out and out striker in the team

Reminds me of Villa under the last years of Lerner as owner. He didn't invest and it wasn't really noticeable at first but eventually as the better players were slowly replaced with players of lower quality it caught up with them.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reminds me of Villa under the last years of Lerner as owner. He didn't invest and it wasn't really noticeable at first but eventually as the better players were slowly replaced with players of lower quality it caught up with them.
Is that reality though? Guedes, Nunes, Cunha, Sarabia, Lemina, Gomes, Bellegarde, Sasa - all big money or big wage signings over last 18 months. Had to sell for FFP last Summer but still invested what we could.

Might be gearing for a sale/part-sale or to become self-sufficient but not obvious to me they’ve pulled up the drawbridge.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am concerned about GON’s demeanour. He seems like a man that doesn’t expect support this summer . If he was told he was getting support why does he verbalise our shortcomings. It looks like he is trying to convince the owners .

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am concerned about GON’s demeanour. He seems like a man that doesn’t expect support this summer . If he was told he was getting support why does he verbalise our shortcomings. It looks like he is trying to convince the owners .
Last night Judah quoted him

Gary O’Neil “You don’t see too many managers walking out on Premier League football clubs very often

“So it gives you a clue as to some of the issues that we’ve had to deal with this season”

Something doesn’t add up

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Gary O’Neil “You don’t see too many managers walking out on Premier League football clubs very often

“So it gives you a clue as to some of the issues that we’ve had to deal with this season”

Something doesn’t add up
Yes that’s a pretty strong reminder . And why raise it now , if he thought we had learnt from the problems ?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes that’s a pretty strong reminder . And why raise it now , if he thought we had learnt from the problems ?
It’s definitely sending a strong message. If the owners / Jeff ignore it then the meltdown and chaos will follow

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Something doesn’t add up

Maybe he was just referring to Lopetegui leaving because he didnt want to deal with our issues.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have got to admit I am seriously considering not renewing next season. All my mates have stopped going years ago and my son and daughter are not interested, so for the last four years I go by myself.

If he is not supported in the summer we are in for a very long hard season. Leeds and Leicester will be much stronger next season than those relegated, I know Leicester may start the season with a points deduction but I think even now you have to put us in those six or seven teams at risk of relegation. If we lose two or three of our better players like Neto, Gomes, and RAN and don't buy well (or they struggle to settle) then we are right in the mix.

You will have the three coming up from the championship, Wolves, Palace, Forest, and Possibly Brentford if they loose Toomey and don't replace well. I think Everton will be much better next season and Bournemouth and Fulham look to good to get caught up in it.

This is not because we lost last night, I just think we put on a lot of points when Neto was firing and now when we have not had his quality we have looked a much poorer side.

There is just so much to do with this squad I am not convinced they will replace the two big money sales (probably Neto and RAN) with sufficient quality and bulk the squad out with the extra five or six players we obviously need.

I hope I am wrong, but I can't see them finding the right quality over the course of one window.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will see. Shi and Fosun are hopefully not stupid and will realise that the squad badly needs reinforcing. If we can't get a very good fee for Neto however, nor for Guedes, Podence and Silva you wonder how much the club is willing to spend in order to get the four or five extra bodies we need plus Mosquera for next season. And that assumes Neto is the only senior quality player who goes. We need two strikers but even one good quality centre forward, who is not injury prone,
would make a huge difference and allow Cunha in particular to express his considerable abilities. Then there is the question of replacing the oldies- Dawson, Doc, Sarabia with fresher blood,,,

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goalies, centre backs, wing backs, defensive midfielders- its strikers I want to see us associated with - we need two as an absolute priority. Everything else is secondary. I think Sa is perfectly adequate and just needs a more challenging GK behind him. Hoever and/or Lembikisa may be able to act as reasonable wing back cover and Mosquera will be challenging Dawson and co for a place. Our midfield options are fine and Bouba, given a chance recently has shown he can add something useful. Doyle will be signed and as long as we hold on to Gomes we are ok for midfield. Bellegarde can do a job as an attacking midfielder.

If Neto goes we need two wingers. Chiquinho might be one and perhaps McAtee could be prised form Man City to link up with Doyle. If RAN is still here he is a brilliant option too if a new quality LB can be found.

The two strikers- I would be perfectly happy with a target man like Broja and a fast, skilful fox in the box like Amoura.....it should not be impossible to finally get these striker options sorted this summer.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news if we can offload Podence. Pays for Doyle and leaves a bit of change.

Dia seems like a bit of a no brainer to be honest, obviously fits the profile of what we want in a forward, has been cast aside (admittedly I don’t like that he downed tools) and his team are going to get relegated… Sounds like a bargain to be had.

Back
Top Bottom