Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of people coming back from loans capable of making an impact

Cundle, Mosquera, Chiquinho, Lembikisa, maybe Podence

Otherwise the free agent market won’t hurt if we offer good wages
So much wrong with this I don't know where to start.

Cundle is on the bench for a team fighting relegation from the league below
Mosquera absolutely
Chiquinho is never going to be anything more than scraping onto the bench here, when we have injuries IMO
Lembisika is not going to impact our team
Podence, ugh

Feee agents are not free. They cost.

watts

Reaction score
I find it amusing when people talk about our players and the fact we would be lucky to get 50m for this player or 35m for the other, but when they talk about other teams the fees spoken about are huge, I heard the radio shin palace would be looking for 150m for guehi, Eze and olisse, there no better than Kilman, Neto or cunha, in fact I would say cunha is the best out of them all,

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope gazza gets what he needs in the summer otherwise he'll probably walk/go to west ham
Does anyone here see West Ham as ‘bigger’ than Wolves?

Yes they have a shiny stadium and have won a trophy recently but over all of the years l have been watching Wolves since we returned to the second tier, l have always seen them as our equal. Especially when we beat them in that Div 2 fixture back in 1991(?)

I don’t see moving to West Ham as a step up. If GON goes there we need to get Moyes in

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of people coming back from loans capable of making an impact

Cundle, Mosquera, Chiquinho, Lembikisa, maybe Podence

Otherwise the free agent market won’t hurt if we offer good wages
Absence makes the heart grow fonder !

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes they have a shiny stadium and have won a trophy recently but over all of the years l have been watching Wolves since we returned to the second tier, l have always seen them as our equal. Especially when we beat them in that Div 2 fixture back in 1991(?)

I don’t see moving to West Ham as a step up. If GON goes there we need to get Moyes in
I see their squad a much better than ours.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? We had a young England International, world cup winner, that we treated so well that he couldn't wait to leave and now shows nothing but hate and bile towards us.
Yes really. I have absolutely no doubt at all. Cunha V MGW no contest . I suppose it would have been nice to finish with him on good terms but that is more down to him and his character . I would love to know what Forest players think of him.

Last edited:

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I find it amusing when people talk about our players and the fact we would be lucky to get 50m for this player or 35m for the other, but when they talk about other teams the fees spoken about are huge, I heard the radio shin palace would be looking for 150m for guehi, Eze and olisse, there no better than Kilman, Neto or cunha, in fact I would say cunha is the best out of them all,
I'd say Guedhi is better than Max which is why he's on the edge of the England aquad and Max is no-where near.
I agree about Cunha but Eze and Olise would be fabulous additions to any squad. The only issue with all those Palace players is they're all injury prone..... we really don't need any more of those.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes really. I have absolutely no doubt at all. Cunha V MGW no contest . I suppose it would have been nice to finish with him on good terms but that is more down to him and his character . I would love to know what Forest players think of him.
OK, I should clarify, I agree with you - I also prefer Cunha to MGW. That point I was trying to make was that 'we dealt with MGW perfectly', because we obviously didn't. Something went badly wrong for him to hate us so much.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, I should clarify, I agree with you - I also prefer Cunha to MGW. That point I was trying to make was that 'we dealt with MGW perfectly', because we obviously didn't. Something went badly wrong for him to hate us so much.
I think it’s down to the fans calling him a ****er last season. I’m sure he has no animosity with the club itself.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I do understand that perception because I have for most of the last 40 odd years thought the same.

However, about 5 years ago at work I had access to some very expensive syndicated Yougov market research (I used to work in data analysis).

That research was a massive and ongoing survey of people's attitudes on a range of topics including hobbies and sports teams. You could use the statics in the research and demographics to extrapolate the level of support a club has. Obviously as a football follower I spent some time looking at who were the biggest teams using that research.

I just remember being astonished at how many people identified as a West Ham fan compared to other clubs. Overall Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, and to a lesser extent City were all where you would expect, but I was just amazed at the level of support people self reported for West ham - something like three or four times that of Wolves.

This was a few years ago, but I just was staggered because same as you I always thought they are largely the same as us. Obviously now they are pulling in 60k home crowds I think it proves their pool of supporters, I don't see any way we are pulling in crowds of 60k on a regular basis.

It was also proven using the statics that wolves had about 40% more potential support than Albion.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do understand that perception because I have for most of the last 40 odd years thought the same.

However, about 5 years ago at work I had access to some very expensive syndicated Yougov market research (I used to work in data analysis).

That research was a massive and ongoing survey of people's attitudes on a range of topics including hobbies and sports teams. You could use the statics in the research and demographics to extrapolate the level of support a club has. Obviously as a football follower I spent some time looking at who were the biggest teams using that research.

I just remember being astonished at how many people identified as a West Ham fan compared to other clubs. Overall Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, and to a lesser extent City were all where you would expect, but I was just amazed at the level of support people self reported for West ham - something like three or four times that of Wolves.

This was a few years ago, but I just was staggered because same as you I always thought they are largely the same as us. Obviously now they are pulling in 60k home crowds I think it proves their pool of supporters, I don't see any way we are pulling in crowds of 60k on a regular basis.

It was also proven using the statics that wolves had about 40% more potential support than Albion.
Very cool insight. Thank you.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I appreciate that West Ham get big crowds these days, a lot of whom I believe are heavily subsidised, but I do have a problem acknowledging a club as being 'big' if they have never won their domestic league in the whole of their history.

NE14ABJ

Reaction score

Their imprint is better since 92

Lampard, Ferdinand, Joe Cole, di Canio, Defoe, Carrick, Tevez, Mascherano, Payet, glen Johnson , harry redknapp etc

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need quality cover at GK and RB. We need two propper CF's and to replace any of RAN, Cunha, Neto or Gomes if they are sold. We should sign Doyle permanently and with our injured players back we should be good to go. I'm sure GON will also address squad balance and we could buy a couple of players with potential.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You’ve answered your own question mate, bigger stadium, they have won something, so yes, they’re bigger, add in he used to play for them, they’re in the south and he’s a southern, they spend money and we don’t!

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 goals and 3 assists from Hoever this season from RB/RWB. I wonder if there is a way back for him. I hope so, I rated him quite a bit don't really think he did much wrong (bar that Liverpool game) but needed experience which he has now.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unsurprising that a lot of people self-identify as Hammers supporters given the population distribution in the S.E.
Apart from their London base most of Essex, including biggish towns like Chelmsford, Basildon, Southend, carry large numbers of Hammers fans. Apart from Southend there's no local competition. We, on the other hand, have 4 or 5 clubs on our back door-step.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
4 goals and 3 assists from Hoever this season from RB/RWB. I wonder if there is a way back for him. I hope so, I rated him quite a bit don't really think he did much wrong (bar that Liverpool game) but needed experience which he has now.
Wasn’t Hoever a CB when we signed him? He’s probably one of those that O’Neil has to have a look at pre-season.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t Hoever a CB when we signed him? He’s probably one of those that O’Neil has to have a look at pre-season.

I think he played both in the Liverpool academy but he only played WB for us and Stoke I think. Seems like he is decent at getting forwards but he's filled out quite a bit so might be an option at CB at some point.

Would rather we get the likes of Hoever, Chiquinho and Mosquera involved than just buying cheap squad players for squad depth and then use our money to target specific players that will add quality.

Last edited:

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aaron Ramsdale our number one target with Sa off to Saudi according to Alan Nixon.

I would love both parts of this to be true but can’t see us spending £30 million plus on a keeper.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I appreciate that West Ham get big crowds these days, a lot of whom I believe are heavily subsidised, but I do have a problem acknowledging a club as being 'big' if they have never won their domestic league in the whole of their history.
Wolves won it so long ago that nobody else cares tbh. It's all about what have you done for me lately. And in wolves case they haven't won anything for 2/3 generations lol.
West ham in London, bigger budgets and just a more known club. Plus they have new stadium and big crowds and bigger support.
London being a massive factor though. Add on green street and rivalry with Millwall. Whether that matters to you or not it is culturally significant and recognised.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve long thought Ramsdale and Nketiah for Neto might be good.

But arsenal fans seem to be very negative about Nketiah, they rate him less than we rate Silva…
I don't want Nketiah...he isn't what we need for me ...nw before people jump on me , yes he may score goals at this level but for me we don't need another fast , small , not physical striker ...we need someone who will work his socks off and provide the physicality our forward line has been lacking since Raul injury...someone who can provide the space for Cunha Hwang Sarabia etc....that's is what teams at our level need ....

Coming on as a sub for Arsenal is totally different to leading the line for wolves ...they need to be physical.....I don't mean a lump ...but quick and physical....we got enough small quick players..

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So much wrong with this I don't know where to start.

Cundle is on the bench for a team fighting relegation from the league below
Mosquera absolutely
Chiquinho is never going to be anything more than scraping onto the bench here, when we have injuries IMO
Lembisika is not going to impact our team
Podence, ugh

Feee agents are not free. They cost.
Why have an academy if we don’t to use loans to make them better? Chiquinho is a good bench option? If you want big names on the bench that won’t happen we aren’t Aston Villa or Newcastle with an open cheque book hence we are using players like Chirewa at the moment who did well did he not?? Lembikisa I think has time on his side to improve.

Free agents cost but there’s no transfer fee the clue is in the term free agent paying them extra 20k a week is still better outlay for the club financially?? I trust hobbs

Rumours already circulating we have buyers for players like Sa, RAN, Neto and Guedes. Let’s hope we spend wisely if we are serious about improving the team

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why have an academy if we don’t to use loans to make them better? Chiquinho is a good bench option? If you want big names on the bench that won’t happen we aren’t Aston Villa or Newcastle with an open cheque book hence we are using players like Chirewa at the moment who did well did he not?? Lembikisa I think has time on his side to improve.

Free agents cost but there’s no transfer fee the clue is in the term free agent paying them extra 20k a week is still better outlay for the club financially?? I trust hobbs

Rumours already circulating we have buyers for players like Sa, RAN, Neto and Guedes. Let’s hope we spend wisely if we are serious about improving the team
It's not the 20k a week extra, more the signing on bonuses etc.
Chiquino was so raw when here, I need a lot of convincing there.
Lembisika currently nowhere near

I don't want big names, I am more inclined for a smaller squad but GON wants players so that is that.

I think Sa goes, gut feel. I thing Neto goes too.
RAN I hope gives us one more year.

Back
Top Bottom