Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Madmalc

Reaction score
I'm hoping it's 2 players maximum, if we sell 4 or 5 of our best players at once it would be very difficult to survive in the Premier league no matter how many replacements we get in with the money.
I'm assuming Neto will go for decent money even with his injury record. Cunha I think is most unlikely as we'd want big money for him given what he cost.
RAN might but again it will take a big offer.
Kilman is a possibility if anyone comes in with a 40m bid. Think the big boys will want to see how Gomes progresses next season before they lay big money out.
At 2 players maximum, we would have to hope that we've found some exceptional human beings as players. The hope would be that all the players have at least 5 and a half years at the top of their performance levels..
Life at the top of professional football isn't that long for most and the majority of the hankered for/ touted targets on here have already peaked elsewhere before we sign them..

Madmalc

Reaction score
Different world.

If they charge 20,000 season ticket holders and extra £50 it brings in £1m.

We spent £13m on agents. We spend £1m on Luke Matheson. We could go on. A price rise for any Premier League club is pure greed.
You're right, even 20,000 season ticket holders paying on average an extra £650 by paying for 2 seasons in one hit would only generate £13m.
Not much of a war chest these days.
Perhaps they should put the prices up more..

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You arent keeping any players once the big boys are calling. Its not really being defeatist, its just the way it is.
If that was the truth we might as well shut up shop as a football club. Yes if a Man City came in for Ait-Nouri he might grasp at it but only if he and his agent felt it was the right move at the right time. Even if much higher wages are on offer as long as the player has at least two years or more left on his contract they can play hard ball on the fee which in many cases will put predators off. Also there is a kick on effect of selling your best players. It sends out a signal that a club is going nowhere and encourages others to leave too. Also supporters turn against the club management.

To say that interest from a top six club automatically means a player is off is sheer nonsense. It all depends from a Wolves point of view what suits us. In some cases a fat fee will be just the job but repeat too many times and you find replacements are inevitably lower grade and morale tumbles along with results.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

loppers86

Reaction score
I am in no way a fan of Shi but this post exemplifies the schizophrenia of at least some Mixers... Wah, it's unfair that tickets have gone up; Wah, it's unfair that Fosun aren't investing; Wah, it's unfair that the club are making allegedly record losses...

So what you want is dirt cheap tickets, massive investment and big profits..... Right......
ideally when opportunities do arise (e.g. the chance of europe or wembley) we don’t want to blow them by not having enough players to field a half decent side.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see us getting much above £40m for Neto since his latest injury. It’s going to be a tough amount to accept but also enough to really tempt us given he misses half of every season for us. This would mean we will probably need to sell either Kilman or RAN to raise genuine rebuild money for GON.

As for Gomes, I don’t think he’s done enough to justify the fees that have been discussed on here. Sure, we’ve seen how good he is and how good he can be but we would be silly to consider anything for him until the end of next season where, hopefully, he will be worth twice as much.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would mist likely mean Rayan or Higo moving on. Rayan could move upfield but if another left back came in as first choice Hugo would probably want out.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would mist likely mean Rayan or Higo moving on. Rayan could move upfield but if another left back came in as first choice Hugo would probably want out.
Get rid of both think of the money we could save. Lembikisa can play either side. Jamaican rising star as back up.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see us getting much above £40m for Neto since his latest injury. It’s going to be a tough amount to accept but also enough to really tempt us given he misses half of every season for us. This would mean we will probably need to sell either Kilman or RAN to raise genuine rebuild money for GON.

As for Gomes, I don’t think he’s done enough to justify the fees that have been discussed on here. Sure, we’ve seen how good he is and how good he can be but we would be silly to consider anything for him until the end of next season where, hopefully, he will be worth twice as much.
I guess a lot of that would have to depend on what the medics and coaches say.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sold them now we would realise the money their potentiial could bring.
Bueno ain’t going to improve if he isn’t playing time to sell 10m

If Citeh are serious on RAN we shouldn’t stand in his way. £50m & Sergio Gomez

That’s 60m in the kitty and we have Lembiksa to cover too. We are sell to buy with self sustainability let’s look at how good the profit margins would be. New revolution. Free agent in the door?? The stadium upgrade almost paid for off two left backs. Well well well, has Christmas come early??

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno ain’t going to improve if he isn’t playing time to sell 10m

If Citeh are serious on RAN we shouldn’t stand in his way. £50m & Sergio Gomez

That’s 60m in the kitty and we have Lembiksa to cover too. We are sell to buy with self sustainability let’s look at how good the profit margins would be. New revolution. Free agent in the door?? The stadium upgrade almost paid for off two left backs. Well well well, has Christmas come early??
Lembiksa is only young but increasingly looks like he'll never make it.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lembiksa is only young but increasingly looks like he'll never make it.

I don't understand this view? Not saying he will be top level but this season he has been at two clubs and started a majority of games. Where does this look like it is increasingly like he won't make it?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fear we won't get the money we think for Neto or RAN. I just think the market this summer will be totally different to previous windows. United have a new approach, Chelsea are going to need to sell, City will have money as will Arsenal but they will have their pick of players.

I think both Neto and RAN will go, but I would not expect much more than £70m for the pair. Throw in the on loan players we might clear £100m.

That should be enough to rebuild the squad with 5 or 6 players. Add in Mosqura and Chiquinho and that dramatically increases the depth of the squad.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fear we won't get the money we think for Neto or RAN. I just think the market this summer will be totally different to previous windows. United have a new approach, Chelsea are going to need to sell, City will have money as will Arsenal but they will have their pick of players.

I think both Neto and RAN will go, but I would not expect much more than £70m for the pair. Throw in the on loan players we might clear £100m.

That should be enough to rebuild the squad with 5 or 6 players. Add in Mosqura and Chiquinho and that dramatically increases the depth of the squad.
I don't mind if we have to sell Neto, also wouldn't want stand in RANs way if he wants to go to City. But only if we use the money to BUY A ****ING STRIKER!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still wouldnt mind Nelson from Arsenal in the summer. He isnt getting much game time and is a talented player ONeil could get a lot out of. Neto swap for Nelson and Nketiah if they would come?

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand this view? Not saying he will be top level but this season he has been at two clubs and started a majority of games. Where does this look like it is increasingly like he won't make it?
In the heads of folk who know a lot less about football than their conceited heads think they do

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would simply say if the players are worth more to us then keep but if the price offered is more then maybe and if its a lot more then sell. Simple as.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading through all this it seems there is an inevitability some of our big guns will go in the summer. How depressing is that as we will not match RAN, Neto, Semedo or Cunha; Gomes possibly we could imo. I don't know all the finances at Wolves but I'd do everything to keep these 4/5 and build a new side around them. We could raise funds by selling our loanees and say Hwang, Kilman and H Bueno. That should give us enough cash to bring in a host of £10-15 mil players, some experienced and some youngsters that GON can develop.

loppers86

Reaction score
If we sell Neto, Gomes, RAN & Kilman we are looking at decent money maybe £200m when you add in the likes of Fabio,Podence, Guedes and others that we actually want to sell on….

Unfortunately that would really rip the quality this out of this team. We would have to buy quality or be tipped for the drop again.

That’s where hobbs and his crew make their money proving us wrong.

South American market we could do whatever we wanted which would be rather interesting
if this is our game we may well survive a season or two but sure as eggs is eggs we’ll be looking at another 20-year stretch in the chump shortly after.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but that's the kind of defeatist rubbish that makes my hackles rise. Neto's injury record makes him possibly expendable as long as we get a bare minimum £60m and ideally more. Ait-Nouri is an £80m + player who we need to keep for at least one or two more seasons. Cunha and Gomes likewise have huge upward potential.

What is so depressing is people idly talking about us selling the crown jewels and replacing them with the likes of dross like Che Adams. Why can't we aim high and at the least be a top 7 team? Villa have managed it this season thanks to a very good manager and some astute signings.

Such small time thinking here sometimes. Of course the big six have lots of dosh but they also waste a lot and both Man U and Chelsea for instance are there for the taking by ambitious clubs with astute transfer policies and good managers such as the one we possess.

Of course much depends on Fosun's investment attitude - O'Neil's excellence got them out of a hole of their own making this season. But why should he or our better players stay around if they sit on their hands this summer? The occasional big sale may be necessary but only for absolute top dollar with ALL the money used to strengthen the squad.

First step is ridding g ourselves of the Guedes and SIlva disasters this summer and taking the financial hit. Along with Podence that should be £25m in the kitty with us accepting the heavy losses that implies and at last moving on from that idiocy.

Not defeatist….. realist!
I’m not saying I like it or advocate Wolves selling off the Crown Jewels, it’s just the way things are.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me Nketiah is exactly the type of forward we don't need....We need a physical presence as an option for Cunha to work off........we already have hwang who is quick a nippy and can get another one for free in Che Adams...... Nketiah coming on as sub for Arsenal is totally different to leading the line for us...and he would be too much money for what he offers us..

Quick , mobile , physical forward is what we should be looking at...maybe out of reach but Guirassey is type of player we should be looking at ....

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not defeatist….. realist!
I’m not saying I like it or advocate Wolves selling off the Crown Jewels, it’s just the way things are.
I’d like to keep RAN and Neto, but unless we start getting in Europe & winning trophies losing top players is a reality. More to the point, these young prospects won’t join us in the first place if they know they can’t move on. They come to Wolves for a first team chance, knowing they won’t be trapped.

Back
Top Bottom