Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we just sold the loanees we wouldn’t make much book value profit even though we would bank 40 million cash. Mosquera would go for 15 million but big losses on Fabio and Guedes.
We could sell them all and fund most of the John Ireland and south bank refurb which was costed at 62 million two years ago. Hey, you want a 38,000 capacity .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have a look at the squad available to GON on WWFC official website and I reckon only 15 can be relied upon to play at Premier League standard. Thats very fragile.
And only a handful cost us over £10 million . Now considering the summer sales of £140 million , add to hat we sold Jota for £40 million and MGW for £45 million, I find it difficult to see how we got here, if we cant afford to significantly restructure in the summer .

Last edited:

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm going to stick my neck out here, in the past we've held onto players too long and not cashed in on them at the optimum time. Players such as Neves, Traore, Raul, jump to mind immediately. On the flip side we've done well with Jota and Nunes.

All that in mind (and my heart bleeds to say this) I do think that we may need to take the money and run on the following as they are at their peak with us in terms of value right now.

Chunha - c£65m
Hwang - c£25m
Neto - c£60m
Kilman - c£30m
Ait-Nouri - c£40m
Gomes - c£50m

We could twist and go again but who knows what's around the corner.

The sentimental fan inside me would be in pieces to see these go, but as Brighton have shown its all about succession planning and as long as we have replacements lined up in a similar way to how we've recruited these players (no repeat of 2020) then that's over around £270m if there are buyers out there.

Stands back and awaits incoming.........
The only one for me would be Neto, as great as he is but constantly injured. I think Hwang would stay, and sure Cunha will stay. He's done the big club thing and hasn't worked out for him. With us, he's scoring goals and in the Brazil squad. RAN and Gomes could go, but would need a mind spinning transfer fee at the mo. Couldn't really see Kilman going.

However we have a lot of deadwood to get rid of which would also generate a chunk. Podence, Silva and Guedes to name a few.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I like the idea of Matt Hobbs hot footing it to South America with 150 million in his suitcase and going on a spending spree ,bringing us back a player of the ilk of joao Gomes.
Yeah, let's get a few more in the Gomes mold. Incredible player.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry but this guy and Hugo Bueno are definitely not at the same level.

I take it you haven't seen Gomez play ?
Genuinely not sure if you're saying Gomez is significantly better, or if Bueno is. I'm going to assume you don't mean the latter. So how much do you think Gomez is worth, and how much do you think Bueno is worth?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves don't sell players that fit in, until they have contributed to the cause for at least three years and for good reason . So I dont expect Cunha or Gomes to leave.
May be a couple out of RAN, Neto , Hwang and Kilman could go .

Last edited:

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to stick my neck out here, in the past we've held onto players too long and not cashed in on them at the optimum time. Players such as Neves, Traore, Raul, jump to mind immediately. On the flip side we've done well with Jota and Nunes.

All that in mind (and my heart bleeds to say this) I do think that we may need to take the money and run on the following as they are at their peak with us in terms of value right now.

Chunha - c£65m
Hwang - c£25m
Neto - c£60m
Kilman - c£30m
Ait-Nouri - c£40m
Gomes - c£50m

We could twist and go again but who knows what's around the corner.

The sentimental fan inside me would be in pieces to see these go, but as Brighton have shown its all about succession planning and as long as we have replacements lined up in a similar way to how we've recruited these players (no repeat of 2020) then that's over around £270m if there are buyers out there.

Stands back and awaits incoming.........
Oh and I missed Hwang at 25 million. No chance any club offers anywhere near that.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best ones we could sell and it not have a huge impact assuming we replace them this time of course would be Hwang Neto and Kilman. Could get around 80-90 mill if lucky. Hwang 12-15, Neto 35-40, Kilman 30-40. Though not convinced anyone would pay those fees currently for any of them

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best ones we could sell and it not have a huge impact assuming we replace them this time of course would be Hwang Neto and Kilman. Could get around 80-90 mill if lucky. Hwang 12-15, Neto 35-40, Kilman 30-40. Though not convinced anyone would pay those fees currently for any of them
Surely we would get more for Neto?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing learnt with Nunes and Doyle ,is the ability to swop players with the top six is essential.
The top six attract the cream of the youth but cant use them (unless exceptional) in their pursuit of Champions League glory .
So the top six can use them to strengthen their bids.
Neto to Arsenal ? Kilman to Man Utd ? Alt - Nouri to Man City ? We should demand a swop and cash.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100%. RAN's adaptability really does fit the modern playstyle that big clubs are desperate for, especially full-backs who are expected to step inside (inverted) and become makeshift midfielders. Man City would love him.
Sad but the reality. Haarland would love him

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno now. The injury thing is a clear red flag at this stage. Clubs are more careful on that front now.
I think 50 is the max given his injury record but we may have a Doyle type trade if City are the buyers for him with Mcatee this time .

Still represents good business and will also be in line with what appears to be the Fosun business model now. I have said it before, enjoy stars while they are here as we cannot compete with the sky 7 if they come knocking or Saudi moneybags . It’s football 2024 I am afraid

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do deal with City again they do have players that would suit us pretty well. McAtee and Harwood-Bellis for starters. I don't know much about the left back to be honest and I would hate to lose RAN.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Ait-Nouri and we are buying a replacement for £10-20m then Sergio Gomez would be nowhere near the top of the list of players I would want.

Only do a deal with the big clubs if it's ridiculously cheap, such as Tommy Doyle.

Take the full money for Ait-Nouri. If they don't pay it, someone will. We're not talking about a decent player, he's outstanding and one of the best in his position in the world for his age.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Ait-Nouri and we are buying a replacement for £10-20m then Sergio Gomez would be nowhere near the top of the list of players I would want.

Only do a deal with the big clubs if it's ridiculously cheap, such as Tommy Doyle.

Take the full money for Ait-Nouri. If they don't pay it, someone will. We're not talking about a decent player, he's outstanding and one of the best in his position in the world for his age.

In this post PSR world clubs will be doing more deals like this. Part exchange or giving a promising young player cheap with a nod and a wink that we'll knock off the difference on the selling player.

It suits Wolves too. Our future is picking up players like Doyle and selling them for profit a few years down the line.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep the squad together, buy another forward, use the massive squad that is out on loan. Replace anyone that wants to leave. Don't to anything that is going to cripple us for the next 3 year cycle.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City are good to deal with they have loads of players who maybe good enough for us but won’t make it at Citeh

Issa Kabore - RB if Semedo goes
James McAtee - MF if Gomes goes
Sergio Gomez - LWB if RAN goes
Callum Doyle - CB
Harwood-Bellis - CB

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We paid 8.5 million for Santiago Bueno. He came from a sister club of Man City’s as part of a makeweight in the nunes deal.I think he is worth what we paid for him, no more no less. I am not feeling we got a bargain from Man City like we did with Doyle. Doyle is worth a lot more than 5 million.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep the squad together, buy another forward, use the massive squad that is out on loan. Replace anyone that wants to leave. Don't to anything that is going to cripple us for the next 3 year cycle.
The only players I want recalled out on loan are chiquinho and Mosquera. How they feel about wolves is another matter.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love that to be honest, just to see what we could achieve with this same group of players with a decent striker added to the mix. Ideally an upgrade on Sa too since keepers don't tend to be expensive.

GK - New GK/Sa
RWB - Semedo/Doherty
CB - Kilman/Mosquera/Toti/Bueno/Dawson
LWB - RAN/Bueno
CM - Gomes/Lemina/Doyle/Traore
RW - Neto/Sarabia/Chiquinho
LW - Cunha/Bellegarde/Chiquinho
ST - New ST/Hwang
Is it financially feasible for us to sign a decent striker and a keeper without selling anyone? I'd like to think so given we can technically match losses of 21/22 (£46m), and our amortisation costs and wages are significantly decreased now.

I get the feeling Hobbs and GON will want to do more significant business though, which will require a big sale, as Hobbs hinted to.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love that to be honest, just to see what we could achieve with this same group of players with a decent striker added to the mix. Ideally an upgrade on Sa too since keepers don't tend to be expensive.

GK - New GK/Sa
RWB - Semedo/Doherty
CB - Kilman/Mosquera/Toti/Bueno/Dawson
LWB - RAN/Bueno
CM - Gomes/Lemina/Doyle/Traore
RW - Neto/Sarabia/Chiquinho
LW - Cunha/Bellegarde/Chiquinho
ST - New ST/Hwang
Is it financially feasible for us to sign a decent striker and a keeper without selling anyone? I'd like to think so given we can technically match losses of 21/22 (£46m), and our amortisation costs and wages are significantly decreased now.

I get the feeling Hobbs and GON will want to do more significant business though, which will require a big sale, as Hobbs hinted to.
If only. We have to sell to buy these days

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but if we lost all these I can't see us managing to replace all of them with players as good. We may be able to source 2 or 3 hidden gems, but I can't see us having to bring in 6 players to replace 6 of our best and maintain the quality. Our beat gamble is replacing maybe 2 with 1 quality player and a couple with potential
I think we'd get relegated. It takes a while for players to settle. I think the prices mentioned are cheap by premier league standards too.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the idea of Matt Hobbs hot footing it to South America with 150 million in his suitcase and going on a spending spree ,bringing us back a player of the ilk of joao Gomes.
If only that was guaranteed though... Our next South American signing could easily flop....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing learnt with Nunes and Doyle ,is the ability to swop players with the top six is essential.
The top six attract the cream of the youth but cant use them (unless exceptional) in their pursuit of Champions League glory .
So the top six can use them to strengthen their bids.
Neto to Arsenal ? Kilman to Man Utd ? Alt - Nouri to Man City ? We should demand a swop and cash.
I give you Jota and Hoever as a counterpoint. There is absolutely no guarantee that every such deal works out.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We paid 8.5 million for Santiago Bueno. He came from a sister club of Man City’s as part of a makeweight in the nunes deal.I think he is worth what we paid for him, no more no less. I am not feeling we got a bargain from Man City like we did with Doyle. Doyle is worth a lot more than 5 million.
Man City has a 50% sell on clause with Doyle which is why he was so cheap.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barring insane bids in the £90m plus range we have to keep Ait-Nouri (in particular), Cunha and Gomes as the core of a team that could actually achieve something. Neto's injury record means that if we got good money (£60m plus) we would probably be tempted to take it. That is sad as he is such an exciting player but if he, on average, only plays 50% of a season that would be good business. If Man City came in for him then I would insist on McAtee as part of the deal, say £55m minimum plus McAtee (value £10m?)

With Dawson ageing its vital to keep Kilman too. Above all, we need two strikers and a winger imv. One striker tall and powerful, a proper target man, and the other fast and skilful, a fox in the box. That Mexican youngster that's been mentioned perhaps or Amoura alongside a Broja or Wind. If Mosquera is the real deal we should be ok at CB as long as Dawson is still up for it. Sa will do for now in goal but a better reserve than Bentley would be handy. Also an experienced full back/wing back who can play left or right. But Hoever or Lembikisa both have plenty of potential and have played consistently for Stoke and Hearts respectively this season. So perhaps one or both could be decent cover? Chiquinho also may be a useful squad member.

Podence, Guedes and Silva all to go. But Silva is failing to impress at Rangers so how much could we get back of that ridiculous £35m? We would be lucky to get £10m right now. Guedes perhaps £15m if he is fit and doing ok at Villareal. Podence perhaps £5m although he is worth twice that. So £30m hopefully to put towards those strikers.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score

Chunha - c£65m
Hwang - c£25m
Neto - c£60m
Kilman - c£30m

Ait-Nouri - c£40m
Gomes - c£50m

I’m with you, reluctantly.
I’d do the deals on those in bold to protect the other three.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good interview with J Phillips;

Says we want a centre back and a centre forward. Interested in Che Adams and Conway (Bristol). Possibly will look to change the keeper.
Doesnt think Wolves were close to FFP limits
More in the interview.
Looked at Vinicius in Jan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom