Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interviews are pretty normal - if an interviewer asks if a loanee would like to stay, “I’d love to, but I’m committed to my parent club and they will decide” is the standard answer.

He can’t exactly say “**** no, this is a ****hole and I can’t wait to get back to wolves” can he?
He doesn't have to say it the way he did. Sounds disrespectful to me. Imagine the **** Guedes or Fabio would get if they came out with the same statement. Like I said, if he wants out, say it privately. If he is answering questions he needs to be smarter about how he words things to not leave things open to interpretation. It's not like these blokes don't get extensive media training.

el gringo

Reaction score
probably an opinion which wouldnt be supported.

But if luton go down and with barkleys contract.

Ross barkley? on the cheap, provides another interesting midfield option and prevents lemina burn out
Wait, is this where this whole Ross Barkley thing came from? I've just wasted ages scrolling back. Did I miss a valid Ross Barkley link?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
there’s no credible links the vast majority of the time, doesn’t stop them being posted or discussed!
True but people treat these stories, in or out as gospel. Any source is speculative and should be seen as such. Many are put out by agents and even if there's truth to them there are many things that can go wrong.
To me the stories are a bit of fun and add interest to close season but I wouldn't be foaming at the mouth, good or bad.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True but people treat these stories, in or out as gospel. Any source is speculative and should be seen as such. Many are put out by agents and even if there's truth to them there are many things that can go wrong.
To me the stories are a bit of fun and add interest to close season but I wouldn't be foaming at the mouth, good or bad.
Do we? I take most things on this thread with a pinch of salt.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He doesn't have to say it the way he did. Sounds disrespectful to me. Imagine the **** Guedes or Fabio would get if they came out with the same statement. Like I said, if he wants out, say it privately. If he is answering questions he needs to be smarter about how he words things to not leave things open to interpretation. It's not like these blokes don't get extensive media training.
He hasn’t said he wants out - you’re looking for drama where there isn’t any.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
absolutely. 99.9% are *******s and then posters get annoyed because we aren’t being linked with anyone!

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Neto to Saudi for big cash?
I don’t think Neto would go tbh, regardless of the money - he wants to be the best in the world, so playing champions league is more important to him

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
are you reading the same article as me?

loppers86

Reaction score
Well of course, there had to be something you’d find ‘non-negotiable’.
Just how many have we scored this season compared to the last few seasons…
We ceased to have an attack just prior to the Cov game and we have been terrible ever since. We don’t look like scoring now.

It’s just so frustrating that we put in so much effort and had so much success playing great football only to throw the whole situation away by playing 18-year olds regularly.

How can a premier league club get itself into this position? Pretty much any striker from league 1 would have been better than what we have now.

Gary O’Neill: We need to strengthen in January.

Jeff Shi: I disagree. I think we need to weaken.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neto to Saudi for big cash?
"Sources say his agent Gestifute, run by Jorge Mendes, have met with several clubs over the last few months to talk over a potential deal. Clubs in the Premier League, Europe and Saudi Arabia have made contact over signing him in the summer."

Cynically reading between the lines - "Sources say Jeff Shi has told Jorge Mendes - go and get the best price you can for Neto".

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Sources say his agent Gestifute, run by Jorge Mendes, have met with several clubs over the last few months to talk over a potential deal. Clubs in the Premier League, Europe and Saudi Arabia have made contact over signing him in the summer."

Cynically reading between the lines - "Sources say Jeff Shi has told Jorge Mendes - go and get the best price you can for Neto".
There is a plan I am sure we are building on last summers successful sales. Which may upset many on here

surreywolf

Reaction score
In Hobbs and O’Neil we have finally stumbled on a good recruitment/implementation team

There will be a fire sale of all the castoffs and loanees to scrape together as much as we can to support them, plus one or two big sales

FOR SALE
neto 60m (slightly damaged) or
Gomes 80m

BARGAIN BUCKET
Podence 4m
Guedes 7m
Silva 8m
Hoever 3m
Cundle 1m

Etc etc

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
absolutely, all about the club for him.
I dont think any player is all about the club anymore
If the right offer comes in they go and i dont blame them
A footballers career is a short one, you make your money where you can, and if theres a chance to go to a trophy winning team you take it
Loyalty is a thing of the past if it ever was a thing tbf

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think any player is all about the club anymore
If the right offer comes in they go and i dont blame them
A footballers career is a short one, you make your money where you can, and if theres a chance to go to a trophy winning team you take it
Loyalty is a thing of the past if it ever was a thing tbf
Bang on!!

I think Mendes clients / players are sold to us as a stepping stone club to progress their career. Jota a fine example. Nunes, there will be more to follow with our new model.

Being a selling club isn’t a bad thing when done right. Look at Brighton, Brentford, Leipzig so and so on.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was open to leaving, not ‘trying’. Same with Jota (who was happy to stay initially)
From what I know first hand from a personal at arsenal who worked on the collapsed neves deal…..

Neves never pushed to leave, he was very particular that the deal suited him AND wolves.

It is why there was the first summer it was close but didn’t happen and then the second summer a collapsed Xhaka sale stopped it happening as the first year. I don’t know the finer details of why year one it didn’t get as far along as when it collapsed. As the sums of the agreed fee weren’t too far apart.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Here comes the money....

Do hope he doesn't go to Saudi in the prime of his career like Neves did, would be a waste but as long as we get the best deal possible, that's the main thing.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Here comes the money....

Do hope he doesn't go to Saudi in the prime of his career like Neves did, would be a waste but as long as we get the best deal possible, that's the main thing.
Tbh i dont care once he leaves us
I do agree its a waste,but for us all that matters is the highest bid,if he wants to leave ofc

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And it also keeps things fresh and exciting if done right.
Absolutely. I hope we don’t sell every decent player we have. That would be crazy. Clubs will hold us to ransom for higher fees. Leeds and forest found it hard to gel too many. But they did sign 15+ I can’t see us signing more then 8/9 at the very most. However squad depth is required to stop this situation reoccurring.

We need a nucleus to build around. The Spine may change Sa, Kilman are up in the air. Gomes, Neto too.

So that leaves Toti, Lemina, Cunha to build around which is good because they also offer experience for new heads to come.

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Here comes the money....

I hope he goes to Saudi so we get an extra 20 million.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City or Arsenal would be my choice of suitor. Have a look at their young players and see who we could ask for in an exchange. Another one like Cole Palmer would do very nicely, or Nketiah to solve our no.9 issue!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance gibbs-white gets an England cap before forest sell him so we get an extra 5 million.

Not with the form of Foden, Bellingham and palmer as it is only a 23 man squad I think for the euros

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not with the form of Foden, Bellingham and palmer as it is only a 23 man squad I think for the euros

I think Morgan will play for England one day, maybe just once, maybe more, but I think he will. But definitely not this summer. Even if the squads are expanded to 26 which a lot of the managers have asked UEFA to consider, if you haven't played for them yet, can't see anybody getting a fresh call up out of nowhere for a tournament.

So agreed we'll likely miss that extra payment if Forest sell this summer.

Back
Top Bottom