Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Kilman went to Man United he would be straight into the England squad purely because he plays for United.
All the more reason of putting a clause in the sale for International appearances.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If RAN keeps progressing and stays next year you’re talcuming 65m plus for him ne t summer .we are who we are and we should appreciate the talent we have while we have it as it won’t always be here

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have around 10 million to play with even if we don't sell anyone. You could keep the squad together, renew Semedo and Sarabia and sign 3 or 4 free agents for 10 million. Welbeck, Adams, Brownhill and O'Hare would all bulk the squad out nicely.
No chance Wellbeck and Adams are good enough to be our number one striker.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All of the guessing and double guessing on money, amortisation, wages, PSR, FFP etc is interesting and draws people, including myself, in.

But it is all pretty futile. These are all just billionaires playthings.

If Guo wants to spend, Shi will open the cheque book and Hobbs and O'Neil will spend whilst the finance bods keep their mouths shut. Just like if Wes Edens or Evangelos Marinakis or David Gold or Sheikh Mansour want to spend, their Clubs will spend.

Guo has allowed high spending plenty of times in the past and if he wants to he will again this Summer. However, if Guo doesn't want to spend, we won't be spending much, as we also haven't done plenty of times in the past.

So, will this year be a year of high net spend like 18/19 (£89mill), 19/20 (£92mill) or 22/23 (£115mill)? Or will it be a year of low or no net spend like 20/21 (£8mill), 21/22 (£5mill) or 23/24 (profit £75mill)?

No-one knows at this stage- I would hazard to guess, not even Shi.

As fans, I think most hope that Guo will dip his hand in his pocket, back Hobbs and O'Neil and add players that will improve us. I hope it is one of those Summer's and if it is, that the money is spent well.

But if it isn't one of those Summers, so be it- that's Guo's prerogative and Wolves is his thing to do with as he likes.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pavlidis has only 1 year left on his contract in the summer....we tend to look at those sort of players who contract are running down..

Were jumping the gun a bit with free transfer because as of yet the likes of Welbeck and Che Adams haven't left on free transfers yet.... anything can happen between nw and June....

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t believe everything in the media.

I’m sure Hobbs will have irons in the fire
Kaput, Finito, End.....it was an article about FFP, figures the lot.... obviously had some brief off the club.......he knows more or gets told more than me and you ..

I would guess Dia was a lopetugui target , especially with the prior stint at Villareal...we are a club watching it's finances who are clearly short of options...we ain't gonna spend on a player who thinks going on strike is an option...would be madness..

Last edited:

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
That's probably easier said than done in South America, it's a bit more complicated with agents owning stakes in the player as well as their clubs.
I'd imagine there are also some very shadowy/dodgy agent practices going on in the background in South America, making it incredibly difficult, or impossible, for these players to change agents. It goes on with young players in Scotland, so it will no doubt go on over there.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s why we won’t be back in for him
Had we been.100% convinced with him anyway...we would have A moved earlier for him or B coughed up the extra agent fee I would guess.

I seen it at the time as a last ditch attempt to boost the options with someone we hadn't got to pay for and probably from off the list O'Neil didn't really think would help us.....

We will have different targets in the summer..the January list is probably in the bin .

Madmalc

Reaction score
Had we been.100% convinced with him anyway...we would have A moved earlier for him or B coughed up the extra agent fee I would guess.

I seen it at the time as a last ditch attempt to boost the options with someone we hadn't got to pay for and probably from off the list O'Neil didn't really think would help us.....

We will have different targets in the summer..the January list is probably in the bin .
For all we know there may be a potential ownership issue that would not be acceptable with the FA or Premier League, which is why the Agent could successfully scupper the deal.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If RAN keeps progressing and stays next year you’re talcuming 65m plus for him ne t summer .we are who we are and we should appreciate the talent we have while we have it as it won’t always be here
I don't think RAN will be here after the summer if he stays fit . Anything over £40 million and they will cash in .

We don't have a strategy to push on and build a squad or team imo . It's more about player turnover and profits on them . The reinvest little on the odd up and coming players that hopefully come good and we sell for profit.

Imo that way doesn't ever get you moving forwards very far at all . Just the odd good season say top half . Then 2/3 seasons lower half of prem scrapping. Appreciate we have FFP but no other teams have sold lots of their so called better players and have a paper thin squad have they really . Everyone said in January it will bite teams and they will be selling lots of players and nothing happened .

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all we know there may be a potential ownership issue that would not be acceptable with the FA or Premier League, which is why the Agent could successfully scupper the deal.
Yes possibly...but surely that would have been checked out before we agreed a loan with option then buy...

It was very last minute....not particularly saying the Brazilian lad wasn't fancied just not convinced we had any long term intentions with ANY of the January targets.....Ings Etikike and we have already said we didn't want to pay the lottery and fee for Broja as we hadn't got much interest in it being any longer....

January was about what we could get with limited funds.... probably not necessarily what we wanted ...hence ending up with nowt ......

The exception being Che Adams but we didn't fancy actually paying a fee for him , when we had the chance of getting him for nowt ..

Totally different market in the summer, with different circumstances...

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think RAN will be here after the summer if he stays fit . Anything over £40 million and they will cash in .

We don't have a strategy to push on and build a squad or team imo . It's more about player turnover and profits on them . The reinvest little on the odd up and coming players that hopefully come good and we sell for profit.

Imo that way doesn't ever get you moving forwards very far at all . Just the odd good season say top half . Then 2/3 seasons lower half of prem scrapping. Appreciate we have FFP but no other teams have sold lots of their so called better players and have a paper thin squad have they really . Everyone said in January it will bite teams and they will be selling lots of players and nothing happened .
Tbf no one said lots of players will be sold in January,its this summer we will see that
January is a notoriously expensive window,no one wants to sell good players half way through a season,even us lol

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have around 10 million to play with even if we don't sell anyone. You could keep the squad together, renew Semedo and Sarabia and sign 3 or 4 free agents for 10 million. Welbeck, Adams, Brownhill and O'Hare would all bulk the squad out nicely.
Not Sarabia. Get a decent striker and he can feed him all day.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Podence will probably go so that is another 5 million.
As per yesterday, he's worth over £3m on the books and that's the most we'll get for him IMO. There's no significant profit in him, Guedes or Fabio.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If those are the replacements we are doomed. All poor, low grade signings. Welbeck is 33 or more isn't he? You want to create an OAP squad with lots of injury prone players on top.The kinds of player we need are McAtee and similar- talented, young but experienced in the Prem who have a lot of upside potential and who would not cost a fortune. We will have far more than £10m to play with, that is absolutely nothing these days and your scenario would guarantee a relegation struggle especially as we are bound to lose at least one of our crown jewels (probably Neto).

Back
Top Bottom