Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fofana is down as a centre back, we were talking about a centre forward.
We didn't sign a centre forward as there was no movement on affordable centre forwards in January.
Both Broja and Fofana are recovering from ACL injuries, only Broja moved and hasn't scored a goal yet.
He's the only one of those 2 who is listed as a centre forward.
Wesley fofana is the centre back out with ACL... Chelsea signed from Leicester.

David fofana is the striker at Burnley on loan from Chelsea..

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your last para the counter argument is that without the loanees neither of those teams would have gone up. Your proposals would bring the EFL a world of FSP hurt.
I’m not sure how it does? Three teams would get promoted from the championship regardless of who they have on loan? It leaves a bad taste when teams get promoted with the best players in the league - none of whom belong to the promoted team.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure how it does? Three teams would get promoted from the championship regardless of who they have on loan? It leaves a bad taste when teams get promoted with the best players in the league - none of whom belong to the promoted team.
You mean like Willy Boly?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we signed him permanently, same with Jota. Deals were clearly in place and they were our players in all but name.
I believe that the deals were loans with definite purchases if we were promoted. Pretty good idea.

Reactions: Ned

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fofana is down as a centre back, we were talking about a centre forward.
We didn't sign a centre forward as there was no movement on affordable centre forwards in January.
Both Broja and Fofana are recovering from ACL injuries, only Broja moved and hasn't scored a goal yet.
He's the only one of those 2 who is listed as a centre forward.
Think there are 2 Fofana’s at Chelsea the centre back and the forward out on loan??

Easy to confuse neither have set the world alight in blue!!

Wesley Fofana & David Datro Fofana

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume the clubs still seduce the parents with all sorts of gifts. If I had a son who was at a relatively established PL club and settled id be advising him to stay put for the time being.

Sadly parents are seduced by the big name of the other club and thinking it makes the career more likely for their kid, when in reality it isn’t!!

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sadly parents are seduced by the big name of the other club and thinking it makes the career more likely for their kid, when in reality it isn’t!!
To be fair, most youth players don't make it at the top level. If they get offered more money somewhere that's a chance to be financially secure I find it hard to blame them for moving. Anyone leaving wolves under such circumstances remains a turncoat, moneygrabbing ****, of course.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree. Look at lower and non league, it’s littered with players who got released by top clubs and just went downwards rapidly.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree. Look at lower and non league, it’s littered with players who got released by top clubs and just went downwards rapidly.
.... and those are still the more successful discards....

Reactions: Ned

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, most youth players don't make it at the top level. If they get offered more money somewhere that's a chance to be financially secure I find it hard to blame them for moving. Anyone leaving wolves under such circumstances remains a turncoat, moneygrabbing ****, of course.

Yes, very true. But you have a better chance of making it at wolves than man united…..

Look how many kids we named on the bench today! That isn’t going to happen in an FA cup quarter final at Arsenal, city, United or Chelsea.

I don’t blame any player for getting their best pay package, football is a short career….. make hay while the sun is shining.

But when you are an academy player, you have be more strategic than just chasing the money to get to the ultimate prize of a career in footy

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling Kilman, Neto, Hwang, Fabio and RAN should get us what, £150m+?

Hopefully Hobbs can find us some more gems.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell the entire back line we need a new one.
Safe to say that some very big and blunt decisions need to be made by Gary in the Summer regarding the defence.

Even despite the massive increase of productivity at top, the back line is still leakier than a drain pipe and this afternoon showed it.

Perhaps it is Max who is sacrificed and Santi takes over from Dawson?

Huge task in the gaffer’s intray post this season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera back to play in defence will be a start. Sorry to say but I would sell Kilman in the summer. Dawson isnt going to be playing much either. Two new centre backs will be needed to add to the attackers we clearly need.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Safe to say that some very big and blunt decisions need to be made by Gary in the Summer regarding the defence.

Even despite the massive increase of productivity at top, the back line is still leakier than a drain pipe and this afternoon showed it.

Perhaps it is Max who is sacrificed and Santi takes over from Dawson?

Huge task in the gaffer’s intray post this season.

We concede three or more goals far too often, under Gary.

The fact we have done this against two championship teams this campaign is a significant concern we need to resolve.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We concede three or more goals far too often, under Gary.

The fact we have done this against two championship teams this campaign is a significant concern we need to resolve.
That’s the risk we take being a more exciting team this season unfortunately. Finding the balance is extremely tough.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d rather watch the edge of your seat stuff we have this season than the turgid **** we have the last 3 seasons.

Was today edge of your seat?

We have lost games by three or more in multiple games where we were crap, not entertaining or in a thriller at all

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have no problem with signing youth players if our academy is superior to the club they're coming from. Young players will only improve with a better set up, investment and coaching. I don't agree however with clubs who've an equal calibre youth set up signing our players, that's what the rules should protect against.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the defence today. There was a mix up on the line with the inexperienced sub involved which led to the cross and their brilliant winner. Playing loads of players out of position because of injuries to our 4 senior attacking players leaving very little threat up front.
So in summer 2024 we need to sign at least two proper strikers, big mobile centre forwards, bring Fabio back and give him a chance. The cost is not much with an astute signing of free agent, and a little known overseas striker with premier attributes. We only need to sign two strikers! All the rest are like for like replacements for any who leave.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to say concede 3 or more not lose by….

Sorry again.
No worries just making the point that we have scored more goals ourselves than last season with 10 games to go this season has been far more entertaining than the last 3. Yes we on occasions concede a few but it’s not that often TBF.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No worries just making the point that we have scored more goals ourselves than last season with 10 games to go this season has been far more entertaining than the last 3. Yes we on occasions concede a few but it’s not that often TBF.

I agree with you we are scoring more goals and that is awesome! A massive step forward and achievement for GON.

But the point I am making is when we have conceded 3 or more, they have seldom been in games where we played well.

So it isn’t like we have had them in exciting end to end fixtures

Back
Top Bottom