Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry LW not sure what you mean here
Doesn’t matter really. I meant I actually agree with JOS re the post. Being harsh, wrong and I’ll informed.

but that is that posters opinion, and he is entitled to it. There was a post made earlier about posters who went against the tide being jumped on - I didn’t see it as any different. It’s not a popular opinion, nut it’s one he’s entitled to hold.

Anyway, I meant no malice - just get a bit narked by hypocrisy

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter really. I meant I actually agree with JOS re the post. Being harsh, wrong and I’ll informed.

but that is that posters opinion, and he is entitled to it. There was a post made earlier about posters who went against the tide being jumped on - I didn’t see it as any different. It’s not a popular opinion, nut it’s one he’s entitled to hold.

Anyway, I meant no malice - just get a bit narked by hypocrisy
You're all good dude. It's a forum and if someone is offended by comments or opinions then they shouldn't be on here. Keep on keeping on brother

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance when we have Cunha, Sarabia, Semedo, Dawson just to name four. It’s as likely to do with family being settled and child at school.
Jonny contract extension that he was given when he first done his knee was around the the time we was still chucking massive money about....he won't be far off those players you mentioned.....he would off been sorted out at the time as he was one of Nuno's main men...

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Jonny contract extension that he was given when he first done his knee was around the the time we was still chucking massive money about....he won't be far off those players you mentioned.....he would off been sorted out at the time as he was one of Nuno's main men...
Granted, but he’s not on 100k which is what Cunha and Sarabia are on with Semedo and Dawson on 80k a piece

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
That actually hurts knowing dia wanted to come to us and we left it too late to get him, such a good striker. A loan with obligation is a joke offer though with so little time in the window, not sure why we didn't offer a permanent deal

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently, they paid 12m for him and we offered a 2m loan with obligation! On deadline day. They laughed.

I mean FFS!!
Too little far too late. The striker signing we must make one day is too important to leave to a panic e-mail a few hours before the Window closes. Ekitike on loan or earlier in the Window Moussa Dembele on a 'free' were the ones I was hoping for.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, it doesn't look like our approach is going to help us get him in Jan!

They are not happy at all.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After they had just paid 12m and right on the deadline!??!

What part of that offer is anything other than laughable? What are they going to do exactly with 2m with a day left?!
But they had a deal of time to think about what to do with £20m guaranteed under the obligation. Not to be laughed at surely?

binners

Reaction score
Fraser too
We're building quite the multicultural collective, here. As Chumbawumba said, "We gotta Uruguay, we gotta Paraguay, we gotta Irish guy, we gotta Futsal guy, we got Brazilians and a French-Algerian, we're no longer reliant on Iberians." Happy Deadline Day all, it's totally bat****.
For me that’s the post of the thread

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what it was. It would leave them with 2m to replace him in 1 day.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what I think. You can read for yourself their derision.

Think you should consider what might be motivating that “derision”. They have a player who’s unhappy and sulking, so it’s not surprising that they will attack the club who made an approach that the player himself seems to have been interested in. As to the loan, let’s not forget that they also had him on loan originally, so it’s not like there isn’t a precedent. The reality is that the deal on offer would have allowed them to make a profit on a player they had just bought after a loan. Sure it left them with little time to bring in a replacement, and so they declined the offer. But to now attack Wolves for having the temerity to even approach them, just because their player is now sulking, is frankly laughable.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news we got bellegarde over the line, but had a look at his numbers given people are talking about him as an attacking midfielder.They aren't great are they, especially given he's been playing in a far weaker league.

Where do we think he will slot in to the team?
Bizarre his numbers look ace

TF2Wolf

Reaction score

Well, it doesn't look like our approach is going to help us get him in Jan!

They are not happy at all.
There President seems a bit melodramatic and sounds like he’s auditioning for a starring role in a remake of the Godfather!!

“I will say that I, the President and all of Salernitana will not forget what Wolverhampton did.

Okay we tested the water and after all they would have nearly doubled their money after 12 months which they didn’t want to do. Fair enough but ffs bit over the top.

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
We can't be sure that 20m now would have even sealed the deal. He's a key player to them and I reckon without silly money (25-30m at least) they wouldn't have sold him, not because of the money but because of the time to replace him. Even with straight money we left it far too late. A shame as he would have been the best signing of the window imo

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news we got bellegarde over the line, but had a look at his numbers given people are talking about him as an attacking midfielder.They aren't great are they, especially given he's been playing in a far weaker league.

Where do we think he will slot in to the team?

Maybe your data is out of date?

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

There President seems a bit melodramatic and sounds like he’s auditioning for a starring role in a remake of the Godfather!!

“I will say that I, the President and all of Salernitana will not forget what Wolverhampton did.

Okay we tested the water and after all they would have nearly doubled their money after 12 months which they didn’t want to do. Fair enough but ffs bit over the top.
Exactly. He is getting all bent out of shape about a club putting in an offer on deadline day. It happens all the time, not a rare occurrence. He sounds very childish.

Hope we go get the lad in January as he looks a good player.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are we not able to offer £20m up front if we were willing to do an obligation in 12 months time?

£120m profit. More Premier League money this season. Saved around £30-40m a year on the wage bill. Yet can't commit to more than £2m right now?

We might have felt it a risk, and I’m fairly sure had we offered a straight purchase option, then the fee offered would have been less than 20m.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what it was. It would leave them with 2m to replace him in 1 day.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what I think. You can read for yourself their derision.

Not particularly ***** about their derision but Dia appears to be. Imagine we will revisit in January if needed, up to them if they want to turn down 20 million and have an unhappy player at the end of the day

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not surprised as he was very upset finding that horses head on his pillow. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom