Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Nige

Reaction score
I can’t stand Fosun but they’ve actually done some good business here. PL experience means nothing if those players are ****
Likewise Cheap imports mean nothing if those player are ****. Christ we have had our fair share.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably that we haven’t spunked £50m on him - but it takes all sorts!!

personally I think that he‘s looked really good when I’ve seen him play, and seems like a down to earth kid who will revel at the chance to knock in a couple of goals for us

Just making a point about posters calling out people being ‘jumped on’ for unpopular opinions and then doing the exact same thing.

greenhouses - glass - stones
He is calling him out for being unnecessarily derogatory about a young lad from our academy, not for having an opinion.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Likewise Cheap imports mean nothing if those player are ****. Christ we have had our fair share.
Yeah I think with these though they’re not being brought in with the expectation of being game changers so I think the lack of pressure helps

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we might have had a go for Origi after Southampton decided to keep Adam’s.

Not too disappointed now though.

Just hope our somewhat unknown signings hit the ground running.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Is there a correlation between the number of pages on a transfer thread and the actual number of signings?

Surely some PHD student somewhere has produced a thesis?

Just in case there is we need to start the January transfer thread now!

This transfer window is over.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ll do for me young ‘un
Keep in touch ;-)

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lots of PL experience around going to our Rivals while we again take a chance on cheap imports. Again lots of Midfield options an no striker. we just don't learn from previous mistakes. Sasa I like IF he can stay fit. Silva does not deserve Number 9 he has done nothing to earn it Disgraceful. Fosun Get out of our Club.
Yay, we have a winner of the “**** head of the window” award - there’s been some tough competition but you’ve earned it!!!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So 769 pages of mainly hard reading and we have ended the window selling 2 nailed on 1st team starters in Neves & Nunes and bought at least 3 that will be in immediate contention. Yes it’s now up to GON to shape them into a unit but I think we have not done too bad.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
So 769 pages of mainly hard reading and we have ended the window selling 2 nailed on 1st team starters in Neves & Nunes and bought at least 3 that will be in immediate contention. Yes it’s now up to GON to shape them into a unit but I think we have not done too bad.
****ing brilliant 48 hours

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Transfer window now closed not gonna be active here that much until January transfer window lets hope we have a good season and hopefully many wins and we enjoy it
That’s a shame. I was hoping you could do a match report each week and give us a bit of insight into how the squad was gelling under the new manager.

Guess you’re a busy person, Make sure you’re back in January, transfer windows will never be the same without you.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Wot no Che Adams ? How will we score….doomed we are doomed.

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Transfer window now closed not gonna be active here that much until January transfer window lets hope we have a good season and hopefully many wins and we enjoy it
Before you go..........

Please start the January Transfer Window thread! Many thanks for your insight, its very much appreciated.

Thanks again!!

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
So when I started this thread way back last February little did I expect the roller coaster of emotions we’d go through.

From the outset we were expecting a transformation of the squad, giving Julen an opportunity to reunite himself with some old Sevilla favourites and some exciting prospects from across Europe along with some Some Hobbs South American specials.

Then the exodus started and we said our not unexpected farewells to our old favourites, Moutinho, Traore, Raul, Coady, and of course Ruben. The income started to tot up. Surely incomings were due En Nesryi, Ocampos, Fati gotta be just a matter of time.

Then what’s this rumour FFP? Fosun need a £50m profit. £10m - £18m limits. So that 19 year old from Bristol became a cat and mouse race with the mighty Bournemouth, only one winner surely.

Noise coming out of the inner sanctum that Lopetegui is not happy was confirmed when he sits down with his mate Ballugue in front of a dodgy mic and it all comes out.

Still Hobbs managed to bump into our old full back goal machine on the golf course and signs him up, obviously planning to kid Shi into believing he he was only ever on loan to Spurs/Atheltico. Because by then there’s no money for even loans and free agents!

More leave, potential first teams out on loan and then what’s this Gary O’Neill? Julen’s had enough of Wolves/Wolves have had enough of Julen.

There might be some incomings but do t be surprised if a big name leaves. Sa? Air-Nouri? Fabio? Then all of a sudden Citeh pop up with a bid for Nunes. Okay hmmm gotta be worth at least £70m say the Mix. Citeh chance a low initial bid, who would ever pull that kinda stunt?

So as the Nunes strike starts to bite and Citeh mull over a second bid Shi takes the cuffs off Hobbs and at long last with three days to go we start to ping bids around left, right and centre.

Players are arriving, some very smart deals, some we miss out on, because we’ve left it so late, damn Citeh, where we’re they in June?

Last week I wrote this threads epitaph, but even up to the last minute I’m rewriting it. On a personal note I’ve never started a thread in all my years on the Mix that’s reached 768 pages, over 30,600 replies and exceeding 2m views. There’s some perverse pride in that achievement.

At points I sheepishly looked on as there were calls to close the thread now! But as Big Ben bongs I have been rescued right at the end. Ladies and gentlemen I give you the 2023/24 Summer Transfer Window Thread.

31k posts, enough to fill Molineux

Yduti

Groupie
Reaction score
That’s a shame. I was hoping you could do a match report each week and give us a bit of insight into how the squad was gelling under the new manager.

Guess you’re a busy person, Make sure you’re back in January, transfer windows will never be the same without you.
I will try to give an insight when i have time

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One last thing podence may still go in the next days saudi transfer window is still open for 20 days there is a possibility he leaves
If he does go the Saudis will be in a strong position to dictate the terms. If we dont want to keep him we will have to accept peanuts for him.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are expected to make a second offer of 175m, and it’s reported they will pay over 200m to get him. If the press know that, then I’m damn sure Liverpool do too, so they will hold out for the best deal. They still have another 7 days to negotiate a deal, so I think he will be gone by next weekend.

Yeah, i didnt realise they had longer to take players to Saudi. Agree he'll be gone.

Back
Top Bottom