Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any info on Bellegarde? Any good? Can’t say I’m up with French football.
A comparison of his attributes compares to Nunes from Sofascore (Nunes is in blue) and obviously not a direct comparison as different leagues but they have similar attributes except Bellegarde is more creative and attacking. He predominantly plays on the left but pops up all over the pitch.

1693558319072.png

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see Harrison Reed happening now that Palhinha is going to Bayern. That would just be plain stupid of Fulham.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bellegarde, Adams and Reed would be good business. Feel a lot more confident about staying up now by virtue of having a lot more depth for these 100+ minute games every week.

If I’m being picky, would love another out-and-out winger as I’m not that convinced by our current options, but I expect Bellegarde will occupy the same role as Nunes on the right.

Reactions: Ned

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Someone posted a Twitter link about the possibility on the previous page to this one.

Edit. Here you go:

Post in thread 'Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread' Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread
Thanks, Talking Wolves repeating a tweet from a guy in Saudi about a bid from Qatar. I miss the old days sometimes!

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean that's kinda my point. I am not saying he is comparable to Kante in talent, I'm just saying you can be a short **** CM
He doesnt look like that kind of player

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
it's quite public these days how clubs agree terms with players even before clubs can agree a deal. I thought that was tapping up?

Yeah this has baffled me, remember when Chelsea were tapping up Ashley Cole and it was a whole **** storm? Seems to be the norm now which seems odd.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Ez Abde would depend on selling Podence today?

Still not a single Mendes player in this transfer window, I expected at least one despite the change in strategy… (I don’t count Doherty!)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreeing personal terms with a player despite his club rejecting a bid from us a couple of days back, with player trying to force their hand before the deadline.

How dare Man City, agents are ****s, tapping up, etc.

Yea. It’s common practice to speed moves up. Teams don’t usually complain because they’re doing it to others at the same time.

It’s more that Nunes seemingly got advised to go on strike when there was literally no reason for it at all as we would have sold him regardless.

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
he'll be a wide forward / 10
Where are you getting that from?

Data I can find says of 159 games (not all his games, admittedly, but ones that have been recorded) just under a third were as CM (51), another almost third were as DM (49), 26 were RM, 15 LM and just 12 as an AM (with 5 as LW and one as SS).

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never

I never said they were robin hood, just that they destabilised the cost set up the top group had going. That disruption has been a positive force in my view.newcastle benefitted from it and wolves could have been in Newcastle's position now if fosun had been more ambitious.

Also city under Guardiola have set new standards that the rest have to work out how to challenge. Their success hasn't all been about money at all. That's just a fabrication by humiliated Utd fans, upset that their billions spent on transfers have not worked out.
You made out like they have done football a favour, exposing the to the world how the others behaved. When everyone already knew

How hasn’t it been built on money?? They can buy any player they want and offer money that is only bettered by the Saudi league.

Newcastle are doing it honestly and properly so far! Because they know because of city every sponsorship deal will be forensically analaysed, they also have had to cut their cloth accordingly due to FFP this summer.

City are also one of the big pushers of all the new financial rules!!!! They are hypocrites of the highest order!!! They cheated (allegedly) to get there and now want to close the door behind themselves to keep others out.

They haven’t helped anyone but themselves….

They lost one right back and bought two for huge sums jn one season!!!! They lose KDB for a few months and spend 50m on nunes but only after going up to £80m on paquetta….. everything about them is built
On shadily and cheated finances….. (allegedly)

They are only where they are because they cheated the rules, no and ifs or buts mate.

They only have the money to spend to refresh the squad and give guardiola what they want because they are playing the game with near untold wealth due to shady and corrupt deals (allegedly).

Pep is a great manager, but he has needed vast sums of money everywhere he has gone after Barca and not having messi to replicate only ONE champions league win.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is ez abde the player who was incredible during last world cup?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well where do you think he's gonna play? What's wrong with a 5 foot 6 cm if their job is to push forward, as opposed to win aerial battles which we have Lemina etc. for?

Plenty of great CMs have been short arses
Including some bloke called Moutinho, or something!

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does Adams get in the team over Kalajdzic, Fabio or Cunha? No.
Does Doyle get in over Lemina, Gomes or Boubacar? No.
Does S. Bueno get in over Dawson, Kilman or Toti? Perhaps.
Does Gonzalez get in over Neto
Not sure the “nos” are that cut and dried.

I am certainly hoping that Fabio comes good but for me, despite the number of times you see glimpses of a good player, they are probably equalled by the times you see a lack of experience and confidence.

Taking everything into account, I don’t think there’s much between him and Adams.

I really like Gomes but he is still learning and does have games where he struggles to be effective. I don’t think he can be expected to be a guaranteed starter and will almost certainly get suspended from time to time so Doyle is a decent option.

I would like to think S. Bueno can challenge Dawson, at the very least, as I can’t see him playing week in week out.

Gonzalez is more for the future and will take a while to adapt but you have to buy players like that, in the hope you uncover a gem.

We’d all love 4 superstars of the highest quality to drop straight into the first 11, (just like every club would) but we have to cut the cloth accordingly and although not breathtaking, it doesn’t look too bad.

You have to remember, we have tried the big money purchases on the “oven ready”, (Semedo, Guedes, Fabio, Nunes, Cunha) and whilst some have done okay, it could be argued that we could have got equal talent for £100,000,000 less? Perhaps we are trying to be more astute in the transfer market and not so wasteful.

I am not saying it will work but totally understand the different approach.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
End of the Doyle video. "This is only the beginning"

Guess they're hinting at more signings

Back
Top Bottom