Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm delighted to see us taking proper action now to get Gary a squad he's happy with, however I am a little confused with the players we've been targeting. Lots of midfielders we seem to be bidding for when I feel like that's an area we're quite well stocked in. Perhaps 1 more at most, specifically an attacking mid although that doesn't seem to be what we're bidding for? Che adams if it's a loan I wouldn't be against that, would be a good addition to rotate with fabio and sasa without spending a lot of money. Absolutely need another wide player too although I trust they know that

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
oh my god, links, links everywhere...

An entire window's worth in 2 days, keep em coming

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm delighted to see us taking proper action now to get Gary a squad he's happy with, however I am a little confused with the players we've been targeting. Lots of midfielders we seem to be bidding for when I feel like that's an area we're quite well stocked in. Perhaps 1 more at most, specifically an attacking mid although that doesn't seem to be what we're bidding for? Che adams if it's a loan I wouldn't be against that, would be a good addition to rotate with fabio and sasa without spending a lot of money. Absolutely need another wide player too although I trust they know that
Diarra and Hugo fit that box-to-box midfielder hole left by Nunes. Seems to be the profile we’re looking for.

Not sure where Reed has come into the equation though, can’t understand that interest at all.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Neves wanted the Barca move and Mendes was doing everything to keep his client happy. Are you surprised?
He'd have made a lot more commission brokering the Saudi move as one of the first big names to go over.

I think you are correct….same with the Traore / Barca debacle. Mendes works for his clients not Wolves. In my book Barca are the flaky untrustworthy ones ….don’t think Fati wanted to go but Barcas financial problems probably compounds their desperation And the terrible way they treat players.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the current last minute panic mode Che Adams on loan is uninspiring but acceptable as cover. As long as we don't buy him and get in someone much better next summer. All very predictable and never a good idea to leave things so late for important decisions. Still waiting for a serious striker one day. Why aren't we in for Ektike who might also be available on loan currently being chased by Palace and West Ham.? We are going to travel second class under O'Neil it seems even with this sudden injection of Nunes money..

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big if true.
I was cynically wondering if Mendes had a hand in this; as some form of sweetener for Nunes departure. But it seems his agent is Javi Garrido so no obvious links to Gestifute. That said - Mendes probably works with every Iberian football agent.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might not be a straight loan...... option or obligation I reckon....

Yeah my thoughts too. Loan with an obligation which triggers just before his current contract expires, or he signs a year long extension to prevent him from signing a pre contract in January. All designed to shift our spend to next year.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a loan, that is a good deal…..

Gives us cover and a season to save up for a much better option next summer or if the right deal pops up in Jan on a free on the continent for the next season!!!!
Agreed although an option just in case he has a purple patch with us would be sensible.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hardly. I stand by what I’ve said all summer. They will be gone by next summer, likely by Christmas, and they will have made a healthy return on their investment.
Money has been spent after selling nunes. Asset stripping involves not spending money, so therefore your argument falls down

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're already on 23 first team squad -
Sa, Bentley
Semedo, Doc, Jonny, Hugo B, RAN
Dawson, Santi B, Max, Toti
Pitbull, Boubs, Lemina, Hodge, Doyle
Neto, Sarabia, Enso
Hwang, Sasa, Fabio, Cunha.

Assuming no loans (Hodge? Unlikely given his injury?) or sales, room for 2 more max - only 1 more if, say, Fraser joins the squad, which some of us would like to see.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're already on 23 first team squad -
Sa, Bentley
Semedo, Doc, Jonny, Hugo B, RAN
Dawson, Santi B, Max, Toti
Pitbull, Boubs, Lemina, Hodge, Doyle
Neto, Sarabia, Enso
Hwang, Sasa, Fabio, Cunha.

Assuming no loans (Hodge? Unlikely given his injury?) or sales, room for 2 more max - only 1 more if, say, Fraser joins the squad, which some of us would like to see.

U21s don’t need to be counted, so Fraser and Enso can be removed from the number.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until the deadline day will be rumours and bids for many players
Forgive me Ytudi but your postings put me in mind of the aphorisms uttered by Chauncey Gardner (Peter Sellers) in the film "Being There".
He would come out with inanities which were seized upon by gullible followers.
Here is an example,

"First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.”

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
... here's one, there are plenty of others!
Well… all I can say is that people are retarded.

But does that imply needing to sign one or playing Gomes or Lemina in the snotter role?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv heard we enquired for Brahim Díaz from Real Madrid

Adams move looking possible for loan (we already know this) Reed talks ongoing progressing with Iwobi his replacement. Details will come tomorrow

Chiquinho recalled and going to Portugal on loan

Abde been on our radar for a long while.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which just shows how pathetic our striker recruitment has been for some three years. When Che Adams is the saviour you know you are in trouble.
But how many free-scoring strikers are there outside the 'big' clubs - including Chelsea, who've struggled in recent seasons to find one?
Toney - who's been a naughty boy and can't play with his mates as a result. Calvert Lewin who's forever on the treatment table.

Probably some about at our level, but IMV this season we have to look for smaller contributions from a number of our own players, notably Hwang, Sasa, Fabio and Cunha.

Back
Top Bottom