Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it have been though? Can't imagine he would have supplanted Neves in the starting XI so doubt he would have had the same impact for us as he has for Fulham. Would you rather have had Palhinha last year or one more year of Neves?
Quite a few of us do not except the assertion that they couldn’t play together.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would it have been though? Can't imagine he would have supplanted Neves in the starting XI so doubt he would have had the same impact for us as he has for Fulham. Would you rather have had Palhinha last year or one more year of Neves?

TBH I would have rather had Neves partnered by Palhinha and the rest of the Nunes money spent on an attacking mid to sit in front of them.

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
With 5 subs, if O'Neil wants us to be more aggressive we need numbers. This style of play isn't possible over a season with a small squad. Against Everton Lemina & Gomes both played the 90. Both looked exhausted.

Reed & Doyle will be good additions to our squad. Allows more tactical fluidity. Allows the potential move to a 433.
I'd like a ball carrying midfielder and a ST.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Quite a few of us do not except the assertion that they couldn’t play together.
This this and this. They would have been a great partnership. I imagine a world where, instead of spending 40+ on Nunes and 27 on Guedes, we had spent 15 on Palhinha, 5 on Dawson, 1 on Lemina (as Liam Keen has said we could have) and then 15 on an attacking player. The January splurge wouldn't have been needed.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well, we always complain that we have quiet ends to transfer windows.

Seems like that may not be the case this time.

Could be some fun on deadline day for a change.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally …. Hope there’s a way of reintegrating Podence back into the squad ……Top scorer last season and despite his antics one of the few ‘game changing ‘ players we have left ……. Apart from Neto , who won’t play a full season ( and praying Arteta doesn’t come in late for him ):oops:

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reed is a solid player no doubt but we haven't really replaced Nunes. Not expecting him to be replaced like for like obviously but we're still lacking that player to drive forward with the ball and create

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do get Reed I wonder whether we will be looking for a more creative player in the wide areas. We've only really got Sarabia who looks like he can unlock a defence.

Back
Top Bottom