Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not against Harrison Reed but, like others, have reservations as to what the actual point in signing him is.

I don't care if we move away from progressive carrying of the ball but we still need some creativity and flair in the team. The Everton game showed how easy it is for us to get bogged down in a game and get drawn in to a scrap. We need players with the ability to play in tight areas and play quick, accurate passes. I don't really want an entire midfield of hard working defence minded players, as solid as it would make us.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Harrison Reed comes in I reckon we're going all out England c.2000. He'll be like Dennis Wise charging down the left wing.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Harrison reed was exactly the same player, with the same stats, and with exactly the same level of proven experience, BUT called reedinho and had a Portuguese tan, with a Brazilian grandmother the mix would be noshing itself off.

Would be a decent signing. He plays with pride and commitment. Something we have been lacking sometimes.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Harrison reed was exactly the same player, with the same stats, and with exactly the same level of proven experience, BUT called reedinho and had a Portuguese tan, with a Brazilian grandmother the mix would be noshing itself off.

Would be a decent signing. He plays with pride and commitment. Something we have been lacking sometimes.
This is so true it's unreal! Absolutely nailed it mate.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just thought ro myself..."Harrison Reed. He seems to be right good as far as I remember. I even remember signing him in Fifa 23 recently and he did well for me..

Then I remember I was playing with a team in the Danish league... :D

Honestly though. Isn't he a decent squad player?

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With those players to choose from it would be the most sideways midfield 3 ever played in a PL game!!

Yeah, being linked with Reed does start to confuse me now about what our tactical plan is. Signing Doyle makes a lot of sense to me, he's box to box, can pick a pass, and is good at set pieces. Can see him linking up well with any of Lemina, Gomes or Traore. But now we're continuing to be linked with more of the same....why? AFCoN planning, maybe. But we need players like Gomes to be getting as much game time as possible to develop.

Reactions: Ned

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just thought ro myself..."Harrison Reed. He seems to be right good as far as I remember. I even remember signing him in Fifa 23 recently and he did well for me..

Then I remember I was playing with a team in the Danish league... :D

Honestly though. Isn't he a decent squad player?
Yeah, he adds a good depth and experience to the squad.

A good idea to have a few players like him, the consistent 6/10 players are important over a long season

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham fans like Reed but think they need to upgrade to move on to the next level. If we hadn't signed Doyle I'd think he was a brilliant bit of business as cover/competition for Lemina/Gomes, but I can't see another defensive midfielder as a priority at the moment. Suspect it tells us what O'Neil makes of Traore though (don't see him as a GO'N player at all).

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So strange that after everything we've been through this summer, we're now gonna have the busiest transfer deadline day for years.

I have a strong feeling there will be a couple of players who haven't been mentioned much or at all who will find their way here before the window shuts.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm not against Harrison Reed but, like others, have reservations as to what the actual point in signing him is.

I don't care if we move away from progressive carrying of the ball but we still need some creativity and flair in the team. The Everton game showed how easy it is for us to get bogged down in a game and get drawn in to a scrap. We need players with the ability to play in tight areas and play quick, accurate passes. I don't really want an entire midfield of hard working defence minded players, as solid as it would make us.

Yep agree. I think Sarabia can be that player to an extent (not a carrier so much, as a calming skilful and creative option) and if that's the plan, fine. But until we know what the plan is I remain confused.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep agree. I think Sarabia can be that player to an extent (not a carrier so much, as a calming skilful and creative option) and if that's the plan, fine. But until we know what the plan is I remain confused.
Read the some confusion thread.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why does this line get trotted out every single time there’s the slightest criticism of a British player?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the issue. I've always quite liked the look of Reed and I don't see the logic in trying to sign a Nunes mk2 but we already seem pretty stacked with this kind of defensively minded midfielder. Don't get me wrong, he's another player through the door and has experience in this league and I am more for this than I was for the Cresswell rumours but... it's all a bit strange.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A myth, and a bit of an insult to the intelligence of mixers to be honest - there were plenty of dissenting voices towards Tomas Araujo and David Garcia on the basis of matches they had seen them play in.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So strange that after everything we've been through this summer, we're now gonna have the busiest transfer deadline day for years.

I have a strong feeling there will be a couple of players who haven't been mentioned much or at all who will find their way here before the window shuts.

It is not that strange, we've brought in c£140m in transfer fees and need to pad out the squad.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very "alrightish" signing. Spectacularly unspectacular. 4 million seems very cheap.

So cheap that Fulham fans are shocked! He’s gone for twice that in recent moves, which feels about right. A year left on his contract by the looks of it, and he’s another looking for more game time, so maybe 5-6m might be enough?

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is not that strange, we've brought in c£140m in transfer fees and need to pad out the squad.

I mean strange in terms of every year for the past 5 or so years, a last minute trolley dash has been half expected but never materialised, then the one that will end with lots of activity, is this one..... despite... everything.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So cheap that Fulham fans are shocked! He’s gone for twice that in recent moves, which feels about right. A year left on his contract by the looks of it, and he’s another looking for more game time, so maybe 5-6m might be enough?
Weird scenario where we are after Fulham's squad players with them having already taken ours!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the issue. I've always quite liked the look of Reed and I don't see the logic in trying to sign a Nunes mk2 but we already seem pretty stacked with this kind of defensively minded midfielder. Don't get me wrong, he's another player through the door and has experience in this league and I am more for this than I was for the Cresswell rumours but... it's all a bit strange.
We will lose Lemina and Gomes at different times this season with the inevitable suspensions
Reed would be excellent back up or to freshen things up at times from the bench
Doubt he will be a starter much but we definitely need more experienced bodies in that area
Obv depending on price

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How many times did we hear people say they want a proper midfield snotter to do the dirty work?

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God, reading what they put about Palhinha is depressing. What could have been eh?
Would it have been though? Can't imagine he would have supplanted Neves in the starting XI so doubt he would have had the same impact for us as he has for Fulham. Would you rather have had Palhinha last year or one more year of Neves?

Back
Top Bottom