Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harrison Reed is 29 this season, two years left on his deal. They'll probably want well above what he's actually worth. Were all our eggs in the Diarra basket and now we're scrambling?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even at 'a cut price' Harrison Reed ...28/29 at best a squad filler of all the world's midfield players?! Come on Hobbs look up not down.
This is what happens as panic kicks in in the last 48 hours and you have left your business far too late in the Window.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whenever I've see Reed play for Fulham he's looked a good Premier League player. Not one who would end up at a scummy six club, but a solid player. I think he complements Palhinha in the Fulham midfield. Maybe the recruitment team have seen something in the data that suggest he will be useful to Wolves. If the rumour is true of course.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather a player like Smith-Rowe than Reed.
He seems to be behind Fabio Viera now too, add that they've signed Havertz it's difficult to see how he gets any minutes given the few he had last year.

Him on loan would be a great replacement for Nunes, even if we don't have an option, it at least allows us to plan a replacement with the money.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whenever I've see Reed play for Fulham he's looked a good Premier League player. Not one who would end up at a scummy six club, but a solid player. I think he complements Palhinha in the Fulham midfield. Maybe the recruitment team have seen something in the data that suggest he will be useful to Wolves. If the rumour is true of course.
I think it's insurance against having Gomes & lemina out at the same time. I think reed would be happy enough to fight for his place

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe what I'm reading regarding Reed. Proven PL workhorse in midfield. Gomes, Hodge, Doyle & Bouba are all under 22 y/o. A lot for them to take on. Smart signing that weakens a lower-league opponent.
Wouldn't call him a workhorse on the below, more a set piece taker and little else.

1693483293007.png

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are quick to moan about not enough depth or too many 'iberian show ponies' but when presented with a decent English player who is about our level currently they turn their noses up.
About our level...and going down down. If you think this is positive news after a diabolical summer I give up.

Yduti

Groupie
Reaction score
I would go all out and give norwich 20-25M for gabriel sara he is a baller and would be amazing nunes replacement

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe what I'm reading regarding Reed. Proven PL workhorse in midfield. Gomes, Hodge, Doyle & Bouba are all under 22 y/o. A lot for them to take on. Smart signing that weakens a lower-league opponent.
Weakens! Fulham are aiming at the next level with players such as Palhinha, we are descending to the bottom six if we pursue such average players. We had a chance of snapping up Palhinha three years ago for around £12m!

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Safe pair of hands with premier experience is Reed. Just the kind of player you need when 1-0 or 2-1 up with ten minutes to go. Good Back up for Lemina and Gomes. Given the yellow card situation and five subs rule central midfielders are going to be rotated a lot more in games to avoid second yellows.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weakens! Fulham are aiming at the next level with players such as Paulinho, we are descending to the bottom six if we pursue such average players. We had a chance of snapping up Paulinho three years ago for around £12m!
We would've signed Paulinho but couldn't move Neves on for anything above 30m before the Saudi petrodollars came washing in.
Fulham have got our reject/legend Raul up front who couldn't score in the league last year.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't understand the Reed interest at all. Surely with Gomes, Lemina, Bouba and Doyle plus Hodge to return from injury, we're well stocked there when we only play with 2. We need a forward to replace Nunes, and a striker.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's after January is it not?

Hodge you would imagine would be back then and you can sign a player in January to cover.

We currently have no wingers!!! Ran isn't a winger, Sarabia isn't a winger so you're left with an injured Hwang, an 18 year old that's not ready and Neto. If we're going to stockpile a position can it be that
Maybe GON doesnt want to play with wingers?

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Really don't understand the reaction to Harrison Reed on here at all tbh.. Got a couple of mates who are Fulham fans and they proper rate him don't want him to leave..
For me it’s where does he fit in? You’ve got Lemina, Gomes, Doyle, Hodge, Traore who will all be more holding. We need a box to box midfielder who can drive with the ball.

Back
Top Bottom