Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Pond goes to Stockport and we're planning on 5 at the back, I'd imagine there might be another defender coming in ?

Hope so (should be Elvedi for stringing him along all summer).

The fact that Pond is going to a League Two club but we were keeping him as an our second backup CB is scary.

Yduti

Groupie
Reaction score
Getting £12-£15m or so for Podence would be brilliant right now. I am surprised there is not more interest in him bar Celtic. He is a talent however much people may not like his amateur dramatics. To be honest would not mind holding on to him as a very good option out wide.
There has been interest but no one yet has made a bid+ the clubs that have been interested can’t afford his wages

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different kind of deal for Brighton, that. Be interesting to see how they cope with flipping players and maintaining top 8 position. Higher risk in one player when you have to commit the kind of wages Fati will want.
Doesn't seem to be any sort of future option or benefit for Brighton beyond this season.

You'd imagine he's going to block game time too for Adingra and Buonanotte and impact on others like Enciso and Joao Pedro.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Pond goes to Stockport and we're planning on 5 at the back, I'd imagine there might be another defender coming in ?

I think back 4 is here to stay, not saying we won't see a tactical change occasionally. But I wouldn't be against another CB coming in but doubt it.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we're thinking of suspensions, injuries and AFCON

Still strange to have Lemina, Gomes, Doyle, Traore, Hodge and then add Reed. That's 6 CMs when we play with just 2 and none of them can play off a striker or outwide etc.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Still strange to have Lemina, Gomes, Doyle, Traore, Hodge and then add Reed. That's 6 CMs when we play with just 2 and none of them can play off a striker or outwide etc.
Afcon coming up plus hodge was injured in the Blackpool game

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
I agree there's a lot, we will need to see how long Hodge is out for. He'd have likely had a loan move if we signed Reed.
And Boubacar just doesn't seem to get minutes for us. I really like him but could see him as someone the club tries to move on.

Also don't get why people are saying no to Reed and yes to Che Adams. Similar level players. Not exciting but average prem players.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Afcon coming up plus hodge was injured in the Blackpool game
That's after January is it not?

Hodge you would imagine would be back then and you can sign a player in January to cover.

We currently have no wingers!!! Ran isn't a winger, Sarabia isn't a winger so you're left with an injured Hwang, an 18 year old that's not ready and Neto. If we're going to stockpile a position can it be that

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham fans view. Ginger Dave Edwards ?

"Personally wouldn't mind Harrison Reed being replaced, likeable player but can't do much apart from run around."

Back
Top Bottom