Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If after all this we signed Iheanacho for £20m I'm done with Wolves. That would be the end for me, because I can only therefore assume the club is deliberately trying to get relegated
For starters I’m not sure he’s worth even half of that, and I’m one of those who doesn’t thinks he that bad

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iheanacho’s PL goal stats are:

3, 1, 5, 12, 4, 5

People acting like he’s some reliable goal scorer are seeing something that just isn’t there. He’s had one decent season.

Nowhere near good enough. There’s a reason he couldn’t get a kick in a relegated Leicester team desperate for goals.

Last edited:

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

3, 1, 5, 12, 4, 5

People acting like he’s some reliable goal scorer with are seeing something that just isn’t there. He’s had one decent season.

Nowhere near good enough. There’s a reason he couldn’t get a kick in a relegated Leicester team desperate for goals.
He was injured during much of the run in wasn’t he? Infact they appeared to be sorting themselves out a bit and then he got injured? Could have sworn he picked up a nasty one when they drew at Elland Rd I think, after looking very lively?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

3, 1, 5, 12, 4, 5

People acting like he’s some reliable goal scorer with are seeing something that just isn’t there. He’s had one decent season.

That reminds me of Guedes’ stats - one good season and we know how that worked out. I’d much rather go for Che Adams.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That reminds me of Guedes’ stats - one good season and we know how that worked out. I’d much rather go for Che Adams.
I think Adams would play more games and there wouldn’t be much difference in goals return, though personally I think Iheanacho is the better player. Pretty **** and sobering that this is where we are aiming at these days though. Be surprised if we even forked out for either tbh

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Adams would play more games and there wouldn’t be much difference in goals return, though personally I think Iheanacho is the better player. Pretty **** and sobering that this is where we are aiming at these days though. Be surprised if we even forked out for either tbh
I think we’ll get a forward. Sasa is a long way off full match fitness and Silva still looks short of the required level.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest shock of the summer would be the entirety of the Nunes sale fee being spent. Just not going to happen.
Got to be honest and say that I hope it isn't. Given the backdrop to this window I doubt very much that we have any credible targets lined up to justify spending that sort of money. We're a bit of a **** show now, we're going to find it difficult to attract players, other clubs will inflate fees and it would smack of desperation this close to the end of the current window.
That said clearly I want all the money reinvested in the team....just maybe not all in this window....

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to be honest and say that I hope it isn't. Given the backdrop to this window I doubt very much that we have any credible targets lined up to justify spending that sort of money. We're a bit of a **** show now, we're going to find it difficult to attract players, other clubs will inflate fees and it would smack of desperation this close to the end of the current window.
That said clearly I want all the money reinvested in the team....just maybe not all in this window....

Spending in January (to try to keep us up) will make the last 12 months even more embarrassing for anyone associated to Wolves - none more so than us as fans. Fosun got their man, backed him initially and then pulled the rug from under his feet - that's now history.

As another Mixer said ....."Wash, Rinse, Repeat..." firefighting approach just stinks of a clear lack of leadership and importantly any strategy.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cracking stuff from fosun here. Give them 3/4 days to sort out a few incomings with them not even certain as to what money they have to spend. A figure which is apparently dependant on whether City eventually meet our valuation for a player thats currently on strike. Great stuff! If they wanted to back the recruitment team they could have invested a bit in doing that months ago. Absolutely clueless. What a way to run a premier league football club?

Always a good chance money that any money spent in a blind panic ends up wasted, and would you bet against that here?

Attachments

• IMG_8662.jpeg
    IMG_8662.jpeg
    377.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cracking stuff from fosun here. Give them 3/4 days to sort out a few incomings with them not even certain as to what money they have to spend. A figure which is apparently dependant on whether City eventually meet our valuation for a player thats currently on strike. Great stuff! If they wanted to back the recruitment team they could have invested a bit in doing that months ago. Absolutely clueless. What a way to run a premier league football club?

The full article is linked, but the broad msg is that should Nunes be sold, then Hobbs may finally get the chance to show what him and his team can do. But as you say, 3-4 days to do business, with massive uncertainty over how much will be available? Fosun, Guo and Shi are a sick joke. As you say, no way to run a football club, let alone a PL one.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

3, 1, 5, 12, 4, 5

People acting like he’s some reliable goal scorer are seeing something that just isn’t there. He’s had one decent season.

Iheanacho got their player of the season so can't have been too rubbish. His scoring stats aren't amazing, his goals to minutes is quite good.....what worried me is that so has Everton's sicknote striker which is no good to them.

Wouldn't be against it just hope the Wolves stats people and Hobbs look deeper into his record than I have!

Andi130

Reaction score
The full article is linked, but the broad msg is that should Nunes be sold, then Hobbs may finally get the chance to show what him and his team can do. But as you say, 3-4 days to do business, with massive uncertainty over how much will be available? Fosun, Guo and Shi are a sick joke. As you say, no way to run a football club, let alone a PL one.

I just hope many of the names that have been mentioned are relative to the limited financial constraints we've been trying to operate within. If we do end up with some decent spends post Nunes, but end up back in a pool where Adams, Cresswell, Iheanacho etc are still the targets, I'll be seriously concerned.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton being linked to elvedi for as little as 4.5m. I don't understand transfers anymore.

I’ve seen the same things written for them as it was for us. BMG are looking for 10m+ but as the window close approach’s, likely they will be forced to back down and accept something much less. Seems like all interested buyers are playing the same waiting game, and then there may be a mad scramble.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope many of the names that have been mentioned are relative to the limited financial constraints we've been trying to operate within. If we do end up with some decent spends post Nunes, but end up back in a pool where Adams, Cresswell, Iheanacho etc are still the targets, I'll be seriously concerned.

The issue is timing. We’re in danger of running out of time to secure any new signings, so if the Nunes saga drags on, we may be forced to pull the trigger on the cheaper options, even if the Nunes deal eventually gets done. Then what? We have some poor quality additions and Fosun have yet more money in the bank to cash in when they sell up. Great.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve seen the same things written for them as it was for us. BMG are looking for 10m+ but as the window close approach’s, likely they will be forced to back down and accept something much less. Seems like all interested buyers are playing the same waiting game, and then there may be a mad scramble.
So the reluctance to increase or firm up our bid might have been sensible, rather than just penny pinching?

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Looking for last minute bargains on Christmas Eve!

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About 2 months ago, i thought "things can't keep getting worse", and yet every day, a new snippet of information comes out to prove me wrong.

If Tom Cairney, Lewis Cook and Rob ****ing Holding are on the cards, along with Mick Mcarthy Lite in charge, then we might as well pack in now.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His goals per minute is decent. Scored 19 goals in 21/22, less last season but didn’t play as much.
I’m not saying he would be our top striker but could be good back up to Sasa and Silva for the right price IMO
One year left on contract at Leicester
He scored less than Podence and he's a striker. I'm calling this another waste of money.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thinks its probably more moving away from the mendez cartel. If that happens to be british or from abroad, then so beit.
You have a limit on how many non home grown players you can pick in a match day squad. Last season we regularly had to leave players out of matchday squads that would have otherwise made it on merit.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was injured during much of the run in wasn’t he? Infact they appeared to be sorting themselves out a bit and then he got injured? Could have sworn he picked up a nasty one when they drew at Elland Rd I think, after looking very lively?
The run covers 6 (Six) seasons! He’s living off a reputation built solely on the fact Man City bought him. He’s either more injury prone than Hwang or simply not very good. Either way we shouldn’t be spending any of our extremely limited funds on him.

Last edited:

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The run covers 6 (Six) seasons! He’s living off a reputation built solely on the fact Man City bought him. He’s either more injury prone than Hwang or simply not very good. Either way we shouldn’t be going spending any of our extremely limited funds on him.
I think injuries have always been a problem for him. I personally think he’s fairly talented, but I wouldn’t touch him at £20 million. Half that maybe. You’d said he couldn’t get a kick though, but I was just making the point he was out injured rather than being total dog****. The fact he is injured quite regularly should be a a problem for us though obvs?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this Nunes deal had happened early in the window I wonder if we might have opted to keep Collins? Can’t help thinking that would have been a better scenario for us, given the attitudes of both players.
Probably only Jlo leaving early in the window could have meant Collins staying.

Back
Top Bottom