Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
We are not in turmoil.
Sorry but what would you say it's normal for any club when the

manager leaves a few days before the season starts

a player refusing to train because he wants a move,

a senior player banished to the "reserves" for being not having the wolves ethic

only 2 free transfers in

the club getting rid of its star players

and the appointment of a manager with no.premier league credibility

players not wanting to come

I could go on

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh well called it with Nunes a few days ago refusing to train.

Sums it up with the Fosun turkey's

Can they just **** off. This is what happens with a lack of ambition from Fosun .
Lol…you’re blaming Fosun for City bidding for Nunes, us not wanting to sell on the cheap and now for Nunes throwing his toys out the pram?
How is any of that Jeff’s or Fosun’s fault?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From my source no incoming transfers anywhere near at present - I get the impression from what I've been told the man city duo touted as poisible incomings are very reluctant to come to a club in turmoil and a likely relegation battle.
Same source as the one who said Wolves woman team is going into administration if star players aren't sold? If so forgive me for not believing as since then they have brought in new players..

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From my source no incoming transfers anywhere near at present - I get the impression from what I've been told the man city duo touted as poisible incomings are very reluctant to come to a club in turmoil and a likely relegation battle.
At their stage of their career it would give them first team chances they would not get in the top teams at the moment.We still have good players and if they are anywhere as promising as is made out we could still be well clear of relegation.

Last edited:

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Same source as the one who said Wolves woman team is going into administration if star players aren't sold? If so forgive me for not believing as since then they have brought in new players..
Same source who told you JLO was going

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But what evidence? Really, I’m not being obtuse. We find ourselves on a sticky wicket financially as the safety net we had before from Fosun, isn’t there anymore. So, given our circumstances, what would now be a good season? Survival, mid-table…knocking on the door to Europe?
If Jeff hadn’t had to sell but couldn’t buy, and JL stayed, what would the aim be? I’m sure for most people, (the sane ones) it would be the same answer for both; survival and hope for mid-table.
Nothing from a fans point of view has changed. We’ll still get beaten, sometimes like Brighton, heavily. But we’ll also win some, and some games unexpectedly. It’s going to be hard going at times, but other than that three year magical spell under Nuno, when has it not been. This is football, is it not?
As far as Jeff and Co are concerned, I just don’t know what people expect them to do. He has the financial health of this football club on his shoulders and I’m sure he would’ve preferred Fosun to be in a better financial position to help out, but they’re not.
So let’s look at what Jeff has done to mitigate what could’ve resulted in a Derby/Leeds style financial meltdown at Wolves. He’s sold players that didn’t play. Neves for megabucks but he was leaving anyway. You could say we got lucky but I can imagine Uncle Jorge gave everyone a nudge in the right direction. Nunes may or may not go to City but on this, Jeff is damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t and damned even if he does and the price is wrong. It’s really like people think Jeff is doing **** on purpose just to wind the supporters up. He’s done nothing that warrants the anger and bile towards him, when he’s only doing what needs to be done.
I’d agree that bile for Jeff is a tad over the top. But how anyone cannot harbour any anger towards his mis-management of the club is a step too far. I don’t think he has a clue.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry but what would you say it's normal for any club when the

manager leaves a few days before the season starts

a player refusing to train because he wants a move,

a senior player banished to the "reserves" for being not having the wolves ethic

only 2 free transfers in

the club getting rid of its star players

and the appointment of a manager with no.premier league credibility

players not wanting to come

I could go on
The new manager has PL credibility: he's managed more PL matches than his predecessor had when he left, let alone when he arrived. We have not lost many of our star players. The Nunes situation is something that happens from time to time and I'm not happy about it but it does not constitute turmoil. I'd be happier if we had another central defender but this is not turmoil.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be odd reasoning from them as the other place they’re likely to end up at is Sheffield United.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Hmmm.... While l agree l then look at how the club are treating Pod. The other Portuguese players will be well aware....
How the club are treating pod??
Podence threw his toys out of the pram last season when jl dropped him he started putting nonsense on his social media about being the best player etc
He refused to go to preseason in Portugal with JL was given a chance under GoN but obviously couldn’t care less. He doesn’t want to accept a move and drop wages he’d rather run his contract down.

He’s acting like a complete **** and you are blaming the club

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence threw his toys out of the pram last season when jl dropped him he started putting nonsense on his social media about being the best player etc
He refused to go to preseason in Portugal with JL was given a chance under GoN but obviously couldn’t care less. He doesn’t want to accept a move and drop wages he’d rather run his contract down.

Apparently he was being reintegrated into the squad but because of his attitude was sent to train with the under 21s.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow…I could’ve written that and I’m a happy clapping think Jeff’s doing a great job, type of bloke. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Phillips would not come to the current Wolves.
That’s the sad part of all this.

We should’ve been on an upward trajectory at this stage of our FOSUN evolution that when players of his caliber (not a starter for a CL contender but certainly for sides in that bracket below) become available we’re at least genuinely in the conversation. At the moment we’re not even in the same room.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be fair there are things in there which l hadn't seen before. If true they explain a whole lot.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll almost certainly have to subsidise his wages or lower transfer fee if we want him moving this window.
Really shocked the likes of Everton or Sheff Utd don’t want him. Fits their criteria perfectly. Isn’t a bad player on his day just a total fool to himself when things ain’t going his way. Which at his age should know better.

Anyway it’s goodnight from me

I think we will learn more tomorrow on all fronts.

God bless you all, up the Wolves!!

Back
Top Bottom