Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at ho other posts, seems to think it's Nunes for £65m, then we buy Doyle for £10m and loan in McAtee.

I think it's acceptable myself. Hopefully gives us the cash to buy a centre half too. (Elvedi)

Semedo Swap with AWB and it's probably as good as it'll get.
I would expect a striker on loan too

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd have concerns if it's a straight swap in value between AVB and Semedo, because as much as folk on here like to target Semedo he's a far better player than AWB. One of the reasons AWB looked 'good' against us in the opening game was because tactically we weren't worried about him, the game plan was to force United to pass the ball to him.

If it's a deal in which we get some money too, that can be reinvested, fine.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
I'd have concerns if it's a straight swap in value between AVB and Semedo, because as much as folk on here like to target Semedo he's a far better player than AWB. One of the reasons AWB looked 'good' against us in the opening game was because tactically we weren't worried about him, the game plan was to force United to pass the ball to him.

AWB a better player IMO, would snap their hands off for a straight swap

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were offered AWB for Semedo, it would have happened by now!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think AWB is the better defender. If we plan to stick with a back 4 I’d be happy with a swap.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
AWB a better player IMO, would snap their hands off for a straight swap

He really isn't. He's not a bad player. I'd have no concerns with having him in our team. But again, against us he was allowed time and space because there were far better and more dangerous players to focus on. Forcing those players out of the game while allowing AWB all the time and space he wanted -against Wolves- shows his level.

I have no problem if the merry-go-round ends up with AWB playing for us and Semedo playing for United, but a big problem if they are considered to be of equal value. We need cash plus AWB.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
End next week with…..

Nunes and Semedo gone (plus Podence)

AWB
Doyle
CB in

McAtee and Attacker in on loan.

That’ll do for me.

As much as it's a shame to lose Nunes and Semedo, IF Hobbs could pull something like this off, then it would be a decent result.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He really isn't. He's not a bad player. I'd have no concerns with having him in our team. But again, against us he was allowed time and space because there were far better and more dangerous players to focus on. Forcing those players out of the game while allowing AWB all the time and space he wanted -against Wolves- shows his level.

I have no problem if the merry-go-round ends up with AWB playing for us and Semedo playing for United, but a big problem if they are considered to be of equal value. We need cash plus AWB.
He created their goal.
He better defensively, better in the air and has a better sense of positional discipline. He hasn't got semedo's technique, but Semedo hasn't ever been able to maximise it anywhere and if I'm honest, I think AWB is a better threat going forward as an agent of chaos. Shots that could go anywhere are more threatening than ones aimed tamely towards the centre of the goal.
Plus AWB counts as home grown. I don't think it will happen in a month of sundays; but if anything man united should be asking for cash of us.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
End next week with…..

AWB
Doyle
CB in

That’ll do for me.
I think if that happens we have pulled ourselves out of the fire quite nicely

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are going to stay with a back four rather than back five then a more defensively minded Wan Bissaka makes sense. But if we are going to a 3 5 2 then Semedo is clearly the better attacking wing back. WB is also four years younger than Semedo. Semedo has a couple of years left on his contract WB only has another year as I understand it. So more to Man U's advantage if they have no intention of renewing his contract.

MacTrizzle

Reaction score
End next week with…..

AWB
Doyle
CB in

That’ll do for me.
If that happens I’ll be chanting “one Jeff shi… there’s only one Jeff shi….”

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People say Semedo is better going forward - no, not for me. Time and time again he checks back and passes the ball backwards. Docherty was miles better going forward and made things happen more than Semedo ever has. I think Semedo's strength is carrying the ball out of defence but he is disappointing when he gets in the final third.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d take AWB in a swap for Semedo. I don’t dislike Semedo or think he is a bad player, but he is prone to switching off and just hasn’t offered enough for us going forward. 4 assists and 2 goals in over 100 appearances.
I think most on here would make that deal, but I doubt it's true. Who are these 'sources at Old Trafford?'. His contract is up in 12 months. Could it be his agent trying to stir up interest?

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People say Semedo is better going forward - no, not for me. Time and time again he checks back and passes the ball backwards. Docherty was miles better going forward and made things happen more than Semedo ever has. I think Semedo's strength is carrying the ball out of defence but he is disappointing when he gets in the final third.
I'd be happy to swap Semedo for AWB. Semedo is excellent at duels with traditional wide players but as soon as he's up against someone with any positional awareness , cutting inside etc he's done for. Same with Doc from what I remember. Semedo attacking outputs are pretty bad too so no great loss there.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that happens I’ll be chanting “one Jeff shi… there’s only one Jeff shi….”
Thankfully there is only one Shi. Who do you think has overseen this mess? If he did go the last thing I would like to see is him being replaced by a Shji clone.

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
If we are going to stay with a back four rather than back five then a more defensively minded Wan Bissaka makes sense. But if we are going to a 3 5 2 then Semedo is clearly the better attacking wing back. WB is also four years younger than Semedo. Semedo has a couple of years left on his contract WB only has another year as I understand it. So more to Man U's advantage if they have no intention of renewing his contract.
I really don’t think Semedo is any good as an attacking wingback. At all. Stats would no doubt back that up too.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes clearly needed to help break the press him and ran did that so well against unity we looked average first half without the both. If he does go Doyle replaces some aspects but not the carries hence we are looking at a Scott

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our attacking options starting to look light in wide areas in midfield if Hwang is out for any period of time and Nunes and Podence sold this coming week. Would need to sign at least one attacking midfield option next week or be left far too light.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our attacking options starting to look light in wide areas in midfield if Hwang is out for any period of time and Nunes and Podence sold this coming week. Would need to sign at least one attacking midfield option next week or be left far too light.
I mean many here didn't want Chiquinho loaned, so he'll be back in the fold.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was about to post the same about Antino+ Bowen whom I suggested signing from Hull for his goals but more importantly assists. Was told on here by a few, he was not good enough as in championship. I’m not an expert (by a long shot) and don’t claim to be, but it would seem a fair few on here aren’t either.

Back
Top Bottom