Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Archer is proven at Championship level (18 goals, 7 assists in 42 games).

England u21 international, young, good player.

I’d argue £18.5m is slightly cheap for him in todays market but presume that’s because Villa have a buyback clause.

Very good signing for Sheff U. Thankfully he’s only effectively replacing Ndiaye, so doesn’t really make them much stronger from last season.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big Sam was paid, i think £1M for 4 weeks work at Leeds and had a bonus clause of £4-5M if he had kept Leeds up.
How much do you think he would want to be paid to come to Wolves?
We cant afford him (let alone his philosophy is based on defence so may not be a good fit with our squad anyway)
People often forget that when he was at Bolton his team played some really good stuff probably because he bought some excellent attacking players, like J J Okocha. If Fosun want a short term manager to keep us in the Prem while they find a buyer I would take Big Sam over GON and Sean Derry any day.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People often forget that when he was at Bolton his team played some really good stuff probably because he bought some excellent attacking players, like J J Okocha. If Fosun want a short term manager to keep us in the Prem while they find a buyer I would take Big Sam over GON and Sean Derry any day.
Look at his last three clubs. Leeds and West Brom relegated. Whilst under Allardyce's management, Everton were ranked 20th for total shots, 19th for total shots on target, 16th for passing accuracy and 17th for shots faced in the Premier League - it would be like bringing Lage back. Thankfully he would want more money than we’d pay so the prospect of him blaming every defeat on the players and claiming g all the credit for anything positive is extremely remote.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What with our squad of players, recipe for disaster, or maybe a slightly worse disaster than the current owners are trying to instigate

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key question is if they sell Nunes now will they invest all of the money into the squad? Would leave us needing an attacking midfield player and centre back and ideally a striker. If they sell him and dont invest it then disaster.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key question is if they sell Nunes now will they invest all of the money into the squad? Would leave us needing an attacking midfield player and centre back and ideally a striker. If they sell him and dont invest it then disaster.
We wont get a striker Jos i really cant see it maybe a wide forward.

Reactions: Ned

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the next question is what’s his value.

If Caicedo and Rice are £100 million then what is Nunes?

Wolvessince63

Reaction score

Man City in for Nunes​

Manchester City are exploring a deal to sign Matheus Nunes from Wolves, according to The Atheltic's David Ornstein.
The 24-year-old is apparently one of a small pool of options the Manchester club have under consideration.
Earlier this week, City pulled out of an £80m move to sign Lucas Paqueta from West Ham, amid an FA betting investigation into the midfielder.
The treble winners have also lost Kevin de Bruyne to long-term injury in the early part of the new season.
lcimg-6b327243-d9d0-46c6-9b6e-78f4376b9443.jpeg

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the next question is what’s his value.

If Caicedo and Rice are £100 million then what is Nunes?
Rice was HG to be fair which always carries an additional tax and we bought Nunes for what, £42m or so? You'd be hoping for a £25-30m profit at least.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about a keeper

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
Would you accept - 70m if McAtee or Palmer came the other way on loan.
If the money would allow us to get Elvedi over the line, aswell as a few other signings.

If this deal happens we must demand a serious offer. Only 9 days of the window left.
Personally, I can see this happening. Pep is a known fan.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be £75m in a deal that suits us, and ALL that money has to be reinvested.

On the basis I know it won't be reinvested, we cannot sell.
We're still desperate for cash, so I can see us selling if the interest is real and genuine, and Ornstein is a good source in that respect.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us pocket a huge fee and attempt to replace him with a £15m Gomes like signing, with the only difference being that the player would be more of an advanced midfielder when compared to João.

We're in real trouble.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"...but would bring funds to strengthen in multiple areas"

The correct sentence would be:

.... but would bring funds to put into thar bottomless pit all the transfer income this summer has ended..

Collins, Neves, Raul, etc..
Every time we've said the same. "Would bring in money to strenghten"

Bur has it happened? So do anyone seriously believe Nunes money would be used for that?

If we're really "lucky ' we might se the likes of Creswell come in, but there's no way more than a tiny amount of this will go towards transfers. There's sufficient evidence for that this summer.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe Man City were going to pay £80m for Paqueta before all that betting stuff came out. I would be asking for that. Transfer fees are crazy this summer.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
City had agreed to sign paqueta before his allegations came out for 80 million, that needs to be the minimum we accept if they are interested in Nunes,

We also will need to reinvest it all into the squad.

A sale might not be the worst thing providing we get the reinforcements we need.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City had agreed to sign paqueta before his allegations came out for 80 million, that needs to be the minimum we accept if they are interested in Nunes,

We also will need to reinvest it all into the squad.

A sale might not be the worst thing providing we get the reinforcements we need.
Do people really think we'll reinvest most of the money we'll get for Nunes?

Because that's definitely happened with Neves and Collins.....

We're skint, it's not FFP now, it comes down to just not having much cash as FOSUN have pulled the plug in a financial sense. Odds are we'd sign a young £15-20m replacement for Nunes, Elvedi (£8m?) and then pocket the rest. Will leave our starting XI a lot worse off, that's for sure.

Wombourne Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was there a sell on clause for Nunes? His FFP Value would roughly be £30/31m.... As mentioned above if they had £80m for Paqueta you would want us to stand firm and want similar especially at this stage of the transfer window. £60m plus could put us on a trolley dash... for Cresswell and Antonio probably :fearscream:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to say bye to Nunes 60m plus he’s off Mendes will be licking his lips with Fosun. If we can spend 50m of it then do it

Maybe get someone on loan for the lower fee
Harwood-Bellis & Phillips on loan would be tasty

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the price is set, they were willing to pay £80m for Paqueta so £80m it is.

I look forward to the reports the morning after we sell him for £80m saying we’re still not out of FFP trouble and still need to sell Podence before we can even consider bringing in a free transfer.

Back
Top Bottom