Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Silva wants to leave then let him

Only if we can reinvest the money we sold him for. I think that seems a fair deal who could we get for 20m?

Jonas Wind from Wolfsburg??

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much would it cost to replace Silva- even assuming we could find anyone?. At least £30m probably more like £40m. We won't get more than £25m for him at the moment tops. He is just about to break through for goodness sake - don't sell him NOW. If he gets 10 goals this season his value will double.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much would it cost to replace Silva- even assuming we could find anyone?. At least £30m probably more like £40m. We won't get more than £25m for him at the moment tops. He is just about to break through for goodness sake - don't sell him NOW. If he gets 10 goals this season his value will double.
It would honestly be insane to sell him

GON has to start him sat

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on what?

We have generated a lot of money so far and only brought in an ex-player for free and a HG squad filler who will never play a prem game again for free.

Let alone all the money off the wage bill from the sales and non renewed contracted players.

we haven’t spent a penny thus far, so even if we did spend any fee I bet the replacement fee would be only a small fraction of that.

This isn’t true. We made the loans of Cunha and Traore permanent for something close to £45 million. I know they were here last season but the money is committed to this year, yes we don’t spend all of that money in one go, but then it’s a longer conversation about all the previous deals we’ve done we’re still paying for that explains why they can’t spend.

Basically football finance doesn’t work in the way you may think, it’s not as simple as we sold £90million of players so we have £90million to spend

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Doesn’t have to mean he’s a prima Donna or rightly concerned….maybe just pointing out he’s hardly met him and it tends to take somewhat longer for relationships to build. We don’t always have to reach for the negatives….UTW

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Keen’s obviously been digging following the latest scaremongering which was Fabio related….Cuhna seems positive about the impact on the squad

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky linking Celtic with Podence now as well, but says they won't pay £12m, which isn't a surprise.

Have to say, that move would be hilarious. He'd be the best player in the league by a mile at home games, and start a fight in every away game as he rolls around from being booted non-stop.

Not put ourselves in a great position with him to be honest. One year left on his deal and frozen out means we aren't going to get what we want. £7-8m seems more realistic if it is Celtic, even if they do have the Jota money.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky linking Celtic with Podence now as well, but says they won't pay £12m, which isn't a surprise.

Have to say, that move would be hilarious. He'd be the best player in the league by a mile at home games, and start a fight in every away game as he rolls around from being booted non-stop.

Not put ourselves in a great position with him to be honest. One year left on his deal and frozen out means we aren't going to get what we want. £7-8m seems more realistic if it is Celtic, even if they do have the Jota money.
If we could get enough to buy Elvedi I’d be happy with that. Oh and just to say I’ll happily drive him to Glasgow.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect that he may not be the only one.
Yeh and I don't mean necessarily in a bad way either. But he's got to see what his place in the team is, will he get the opportunities he wants etc. Coming off the back of a good season on loan we need to support his continued development for his and our benefit

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
Our bench looked really solid against united. I think people underestimate the depth that we actually do have. 1-2 new players (cb cover priority) and we actually look good for the season assuming we keep everyone (bar podence and jonny). As good as our squad was under nuno, imo this is the most technically gifted squad we've had in a long long time and whilst initially many of us thought we'd struggle with all the negativity around the club, lack of siginings, change of manager, that game against united has changed the mood entirely for me. Whilst I may be speaking too soon, I'm really excited for this season, moreso than I have been for the past 2-3 years and if we can consistently play like we did against united - a team who'll no doubt be aiming for top 4 this season, then why can't we get top 10 if not even challenge for europe? This is exactly how the season started under bruno lage when he was first here and for a majority of that season we were in european places and could have easily gotten one if not for the terrible end of season run. And our squad was arguably worse back then than it is now

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our bench looked really solid against united. I think people underestimate the depth that we actually do have. 1-2 new players (cb cover priority) and we actually look good for the season assuming we keep everyone (bar podence and jonny). As good as our squad was under nuno, imo this is the most technically gifted squad we've had in a long long time and whilst initially many of us thought we'd struggle with all the negativity around the club, lack of siginings, change of manager, that game against united has changed the mood entirely for me. Whilst I may be speaking too soon, I'm really excited for this season, moreso than I have been for the past 2-3 years and if we can consistently play like we did against united - a team who'll no doubt be aiming for top 4 this season, then why can't we get top 10 if not even challenge for europe? This is exactly how the season started under bruno lage when he was first here and for a majority of that season we were in european places and could have easily gotten one if not for the terrible end of season run. And our squad was arguably worse back then than it is now
People are happy with the squad but we clearly could do with a cb back up

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva ain't leaving he was sold on staying before JL left feels he's got a chance to play in prem again as main man

JL reassured him but gon still has work to do but speaking so highly of him in press will only help.

Sees him as important to our season, hope he starts against brighton

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Depends whether you think £7.28M/year is "reasonable"..... That's what he's on currently....
He won’t get that anywhere though - that’s the wages of a £72m up and coming future superstar, not someone who’s just had his contract cancelled.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won’t get that anywhere though - that’s the wages of a £72m up and coming future superstar, not someone who’s just had his contract cancelled.
I agree..... Except even if he accepted half of that then he'd be on £70k/week..... That's without even getting into reported attitude issues.

mroli74

Reaction score
With the rumour that Podence might go to Celtic - I saw that there was a thought that Jota might have to go out on loan from his Saudi club... Worth us taking him for a year? Maybe we could do a deal on wages (they're not struggling for cash) and we could be a safe space to park him?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on what?

We have generated a lot of money so far and only brought in an ex-player for free and a HG squad filler who will never play a prem game again for free.

Let alone all the money off the wage bill from the sales and non renewed contracted players.

we haven’t spent a penny thus far, so even if we did spend any fee I bet the replacement fee would be only a small fraction of that.
We haven't generated THAT much when you consider we also spent 61 million this window. After two years of fairly big losses, one window with a nice positive spend will help in the future.

Back
Top Bottom